The Amazing Spider-Man Raimi: "I have total creative control for Spider-Man 4"

Are you guys forgetting the Belltower sequence? That was incredible.

^^ And that's why people have said his "Birth of Sandman" music was the only worthwhile thing to listen to in this movie.

The theme for the symbiote/Venom/whatever wasn't that promising.

But it was one of the very few amazing scenes in the film.

Am I the only one who liked the theme that played during the Peter vs GG2 fight?

I hope this means we're back on track for Lizard or Scorpion...people like that. No more Goblins. As much as I love Hobgoblin, I think they ran the concept into the ground with GG2/Surfer Goblin

Am I the only one who liked the theme that played during the Peter vs GG2 fight?

spot on.

I really liked that whole sequence. Seeing peter using his powers in his civies really started the movie with a lot of potential.

Chris Young's music is terrible, he made Spider-man 3 look like a joke film. Theres a difference between having light-hearted music and just making your music downright cheesy.

Look, not every song was PERFECT in this film, but there was nothing awful to me. That scene you just posted is a poor example, how does that sound cheesy at all? I don't care what you think about the Symbiote suit theme, I like it although it could have been better. But the part where it's taking him over is just menacing and well constructed.

Look, not every song was PERFECT in this film, but there was nothing awful to me. That scene you just posted is a poor example, how does that sound cheesy at all? I don't care what you think about the Symbiote suit theme, I like it although it could have been better. But the part where it's taking him over is just menacing and well constructed.
No matter how hard you'll try to convince everyone, they have their oppinion, just like you have yours!

Yah....

not everyone is so in love with the Spidey films like you.

And, imo, the symbiote theme did sound cheesy...it sounded like some 1920s jazz band was playing in the background, and it didn't have a "dark" feel to it. But, although, I guess it fits the theme with MJ working at a jazz restaurant and what not, lol.

Me thinks Booker T and the MGs could've done a better song for the symbiote.

Last edited:
I thought there was great character development with Marko considering he had to share villain time with Venom/Eddie Brock, Harry Osborn, and the worst of all...Mary Jane. Yes the score for Sandman was amazing.

The final battle scene was cool but it wasn't as grand as Spiderman 2's mainly because in the second one there was a miniature sun threatening to eliminate the entire city and more while in the third one it was a giant sand guy plus an evil spiderman. Maybe that final act in 2 was just hard to follow up. You can tell Raimi was extremely stressed.

No matter how hard you'll try to convince everyone, they have their oppinion, just like you have yours!

No duh. Thanks for the info. Now I can sleep tonight. :up:

Yah....

not everyone is so in love with the Spidey films like you.

What are you, this guy's lackey?

And, imo, the symbiote theme did sound cheesy...it sounded like some 1920s jazz band was playing in the background, and it didn't have a "dark" feel to it.

There were actually several. There was that loud one, then there was the more ominous one that played in various scenes, which I preferred.

Fantastic interview with Sam. My god, I trust in Sam so much. :up:
Raimi: Whatever it is, I think will be a direct result of the best style to bring about our writer's screenplay. And as soon as I read that, I will know what that is. Edgy could be a direction, but I don't think it will be applied without really understanding the character's journey from the inside out first and then figuring out the best way to bring that about.

And then, as far as the other influences, making it different from the other films, ... I hope we don't react to these very good and sometimes bad superhero movies around us. I hope that we just [look] ever deeper into the truth of who Peter Parker really is—as a human being and the unique character, and that we celebrate that, which is a lot of the reason I want to make this next picture. I still believe I have an understanding of Peter Parker as the character that I have not quite put onto the screen yet.

I'm not talking about Tobey Maguire's performance, which I very much love; I'm talking about my understanding of the character. I feel like sometimes a kid at the piano recital. And I know this piece really well. I know it by heart. And I sometimes get it right, and sometimes I don't. But I want a chance to really play it the way I feel it. So I'm hoping it's a really good screenplay and I can express the character through that. I've got a really good writer [David Lindsay-Abaire]. ...
http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/sam-raimi-to-meet-with-ki.php

What are you, this guy's lackey?

I prefer laquais.

There were actually several. There was that loud one, then there was the more ominous one that played in various scenes, which I preferred.

There were three yes.

As I won't call any "loud ones", these are the three that I came up with...

When the symbiote took over Peter.

Black-suited Spider-Man.

And Venom.

All sucked and could've sounded a whole lot better with Elfman.

Last edited:
God, that's EXACTLY what needed to hear from Sam. Thank you Sam for making a film that will fulfill your vision and not cater to a darker film for the sake of it. I love the rest of the interview where he gives the analogy of Peter.

yeah emo haired peter was something he hadnt explored either...anyway i hope dunst isnt in this one she was good in 2 but 3 she was godawful and annoying. id rather see peter play a piano again then here her voice. (kidding okay maybe not that last part)

and i hated how young used the main theme in unecessary parts of the movie. came off very corny.

but the belltower scene was great. i loved the transition from after he left the stupid dance club to the tower. great scene.

Last edited:
God, that's EXACTLY what needed to hear from Sam. Thank you Sam for making a film that will fulfill your vision and not cater to a darker film for the sake of it. I love the rest of the interview where he gives the analogy of Peter.

I'm the world's biggest Raimi fan but come on guys.
If you blame the debacle that is Spider-Man 3 on the studio and Ari, you are delusional.

The 500 missed and made phone calls to Mary Jane, the crying, the scrambled egg twist, Emo Parker, Spider-Man without his mask on, and the cookies and milk... that is 100% Raimi.

As a fan, I am ready for someone else to have a crack at it, with a new cast.
I have zero interest in Parker and Mary Jane's situation.
In the first movie, she was the unreachable hot chick, in the second, he wins her over.
In the third, she looks like a hag, is a failure in her life, and a let down.

Let Raimi make the movie he really wants to make, "Peter Parker Loves Mary Jane" and let someone else make a kick butt Venom/Lizard/Elecktro movie.

I hope that we just [look] ever deeper into the truth of who Peter Parker really is—as a human being and the unique character, and that we celebrate that, which is a lot of the reason I want to make this next picture. I still believe I have an understanding of Peter Parker as the character that I have not quite put onto the screen yet.
Last time you tried that, Sam..Peter spent most of the movie out of costume.

Spider-Man 3? More like Peter Parker: The Movie

Last edited:
If you blame the debacle that is Spider-Man 3 on the studio and Ari, you are delusional.

The 500 missed and made phone calls to Mary Jane, the crying, the scrambled egg twist, Emo Parker, Spider-Man without his mask on, and the cookies and milk... that is 100% Raimi.

In the first movie, she was the unreachable hot chick, in the second, he wins her over.

Let Raimi make the movie he really wants to make, "Peter Parker Loves Mary Jane" and let someone else make a kick butt Venom/Lizard/Elecktro movie.
I'm glad to see some rational Raimi fans in here who aren't kissing his ass on every occassion!

Here's a Raimi Fan which isn't blind like many others and can admit when his favorite director has made mistakes!

Last edited:
Last time you tried that, Sam..Peter spend most of the movie out of costume.

Spider-Man 3? More like Peter Parker: The Movie
I agree. Spidey on totally on second place. Maybe even in third. There should be a balance between these two.
Fortunately, this time, he isn't writing the script.

I agree until this point.

I'm glad to see some rational Raimi fans in here who aren't kissing his ass on every occassion!

Here's a Raimi Fan which isn't blind like many others and can admit when his favorite director has made mistakes!

lmao. I no longer take your opinions seriously.:up:

The person you're replying to is right...because YOU agree with him? Really? lol. You silly goose.

And for the record, praising is not ass kissing. If we like something, we have every damn right to praise it. People should not shoot us down because of it. Disagree on an opinion and politely give your own? Whatever. But name calling is totally not necessary, especially when you have no idea what you're talking about.

I have gladly admitted to things I did not like about these movies, and every other movie by him that I've seen. Just because I don't like a few things doesn't make it bad, or make him the worst director ever. If I based my opinion on movies off a couple things I didn't like, I'd hate everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"