The Amazing Spider-Man Raimi: "I have total creative control for Spider-Man 4"

lol I'm sorry but you walked into that one SMH12

^^ Too true. I guess some people have a very "strange" mind set for what's funny.

:dry:

Last edited:
Sony are just greedy.

Putting in Venom, one of the worst and overrated villains in comic book history, to make a buck proves that. What's worse is that they did this on Raimi after he'd already delivered with two great Spider-Man movies.

Which company isn't? Also, would you rather they included in an old geezer in a bird costume as Raimi intended? Sorry, but his excuse is pathetic, "full creative control" bah!, He had full control of his script, and how he used his powers? He made Flint the murderer of Ben, that was when the movie became lame....not Venom. He was perhaps the only great thing happening in the movie, anticipatory wise. I'm sorry, but its rather harsh that people still adhere to their beliefs that Arad or Sony turned this movie into trash, and let Raimi walk off with no blame...Raimi is to blame here too---don't be so close-minded he is no god...no saint, he was the one who was suppose to guide the movie in right direction given the criteria he was to work with. Weighing Vulture and Venom together, let's see who's more fun to have...like you really need to think if you had to choose between the 2. Contrary to what you said, he might be overrated, but he's far from being the worst, that just sounds silly to me because he has elements of a good villain than your Vulture, Sandman or Hammerhead or any thugs.

The director isn't always the person to blame for how an adaptation turns out. The term is authorship when saying who is responsible for how a movie turned out. Was it because of the writer, the director, the producer, the people pushing the director, the first director, the second director, and so on.

And well if a director forced by the producer or the other big wigs to do something he doesn't like, odds are it won't turn out that great. Since there are some people that don't give it their all on something they thought wouldn't work out in the first place.

Raimi's given us two great SM films and a mediocre third film. Hell I wouldn't even consider 3 his film due to the shoving of Venom down his throat by Arad..if it was his vision of how he originally wanted the film, I'm pretty confident it would have been just as good as the first two. He more than deserves a chance at this given his track record.

The director isn't always the person to blame for how an adaptation turns out.

...... Since there are some people that don't give it their all on something they thought wouldn't work out in the first place.

I have but one word for you....

PROFESSIONALISM

Slag, glad to see you find your way to this forum.

Your words of wisdom will be needed, me thinks.

Which company isn't? Also, would you rather they included in an old geezer in a bird costume as Raimi intended?
Yes. Not a fan of Vulture but I hardly think he would have been treated as a joke.

The director isn't always the person to blame for how an adaptation turns out. The term is authorship when saying who is responsible for how a movie turned out. Was it because of the writer, the director, the producer, the people pushing the director, the first director, the second director, and so on.

And well if a director forced by the producer or the other big wigs to do something he doesn't like, odds are it won't turn out that great. Since there are some people that don't give it their all on something they thought wouldn't work out in the first place.

Raimi's given us two great SM films and a mediocre third film. Hell I wouldn't even consider 3 his film due to the shoving of Venom down his throat by Arad..if it was his vision of how he originally wanted the film, I'm pretty confident it would have been just as good as the first two. He more than deserves a chance at this given his track record.

I never said Raimi is alone to blame, since its a team effort, everyone should take it. You're doing exactly what I was talking about, you're putting the blame on Venom when that character only took about 15 minutes of the movie and just barely. The whole Sandman killer of Ben was flawed from the beginning, Sony nor Arad told Raimi to go about doing that. Neither of them told Raimi to turn SM-3 into a musical, neither of them told Raimi to make MJ into an annoying character. So how does Venom fit into being the ruination of SM-3. Honestly, this Venom ruining SM-3 excuse is weak, very weak. The whole movie had tons of flaws even before Venom got on board. Now tell me, even if he was removed, the whole Sandman plot still remained, how's that any better? Lastly, if your prof gives you an assignment to do, you don't say that its isn't to your liking, that's not how it works, you have to compromise then and just do it....sadly that's how the world is. I'll go no further than this, no use debating a movie that's 2 years old.

I acknowledge Raimi as a great director, he did splendid job with all of them in my opinion. I don't get what's the big deal about third that gets everyone so agitated. Sure it wasn't up there with SM-1, 2, but it was very much enjoyable.

Yes. Not a fan of Vulture but I hardly think he would have been treated as a joke.

It's not like I hate the character, just between the two, Venom seems the obvious choice when it comes to fun factor. And according to what I heard, Vulture had the same motives as Venom, just to get revenge on Spider-Man for putting him in jail.

Last edited:
Which company isn't? Also, would you rather they included in an old geezer in a bird costume as Raimi intended?
Yes. Way back after SM2 came out, I was vocal against having anything to do with Venom in the next movie, including any hints of the symbiote.

Sorry, but his excuse is pathetic, "full creative control" bah!, He had full control of his script, and how he used his powers? He made Flint the murderer of Ben, that was when the movie became lame....not Venom. He was perhaps the only great thing happening in the movie, anticipatory wise. I'm sorry, but its rather harsh that people still adhere to their beliefs that Arad or Sony turned this movie into trash, and let Raimi walk off with no blame...Raimi is to blame here too---don't be so close-minded he is no god...no saint, he was the one who was suppose to guide the movie in right direction given the criteria he was to work with.
Oh I agree with you here, everyone is to blame in my book. Raimi, Arad, Sandman being the killer, the symbiote and Venom even being in the movie at all.

Weighing Vulture and Venom together, let's see who's more fun to have...like you really need to think if you had to choose between the 2. Contrary to what you said, he might be overrated, but he's far from being the worst, that just sounds silly to me because he has elements of a good villain than your Vulture, Sandman or Hammerhead or any thugs.
Still would have picked Vulture. Would have made a better movie,; less elements to juggle in the movie.

You guys make Flint's tie in to Ben out to be the biggest sin since murder. :o

Yes. Way back after SM2 came out, I was vocal against having anything to do with Venom in the next movie, including any hints of the symbiote.

Oh I agree with you here, everyone is to blame in my book. Raimi, Arad, Sandman being the killer, the symbiote and Venom even being in the movie at all.

Still would have picked Vulture. Would have made a better movie,; less elements to juggle in the movie.

I would acknowledge that, the way Venom was portrayed, and his character was literally alien to Raimi's Spider-Man world, he didn't exactly fit in the crowd if you get my meaning, so I understand opposition's side as well. However, I have never let any of those flaws interfere with my enjoyment of the movies, I don't get why nitpick to begin with when its pretty decent stuff.

I also get why would you choose Vulture. Due to the time constraints they had, they would have made Vulture's hatred for Spidey pre-existing. But still, he would have required fair amount of time to develop, that's just Raimi's way of doing things.

Simple yet effective and far better in terms of teaming with the aforementioned Sandman. Venom works much better alone. And I think an aerial battle with Vulture and Harry goblin would have been fun to see.

I thought comedy was supposed to be funny. :o

Well....

lawl, SMH12, check your pants!

^^^

and....

lol I'm sorry but you walked into that one SMH12

^^^

so some people thought it was kiddo.

^^ Too true. I guess some people have a very "strange" mind set for what's funny.

:dry:

"Wow, I can just picture it now. Can't wait.".

Maybe you're just too dense to realize how funny that sounded.

I mean, I'm sorry I didn't bring any G-rated material with me.

You guys make Flint's tie in to Ben out to be the biggest sin since murder. :o

When it's an unnecessary tie-in, then yes, it's pretty bad.

Well....

^^^

and....

^^^

so some people thought it was kiddo.

"Wow, I can just picture it now. Can't wait.".

Maybe you're just too dense to realize how funny that sounded.

I mean, I'm sorry I didn't bring any G-rated material with me.
I don't see how it's funny though. Other people say stuff like that about fights in films. Well, atleast I'm not the one saying "I don't like comics, but I come on here anyway."

Knock it off. There is no need to be condescending to other posters.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ Was that meant to be funny?

I don't read comics; I would rather work out and stay fit instead of reading comics.

You trying made me laugh though, good job.
Wasn't meant to be funny one bit. I'm stating a fact here though. You are on a comic book message board with comic book fans, yet, you don't like them. :huh:

I'm not getting in trouble for arguing with you. I've been a probation for arguing a while back.

^^ First off, stop calling me kiddo, and second, why the hell are you watching comic book films if you don't like the comics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"