The Amazing Spider-Man Did Spider-Man 4 Die Because Raimi Wanted It To Be Like Avatar?

1 thing i think we can all agree on and that is as the SM films wen on they got a bit repetitive for their own good.

Sweet, do it.

I don't mind getting famous for being hated on.

I'd appreciate it actually.

So, you have my blessing child.

That last article doesn't make any sense. It cites 'wanting to maintain forward momentum'. Scrapping the current franchise, needing to find a new director and full cast doesn't exactly reek of forward momentum, especially when the release date was pushed back a year.

If anything, the Mouse's lawyers have more points to probe for weakness in the licensing agreement because there isn't jack squat solid about the situation right now ...except they have a script ...which they had before, even though it wasn't mutually agreeable to all parties involved. Eh.

Last edited:
How do you know that that's real? I mean, if I remember correctly, on Monday night you said you don't know everything, yet here, you act like you do.

Because that synopsis matches up with other synopsis' released. THAT is what was planned for SM4.

I even posted the link to the thread when it was first revealed back in November. Go back a page, click on the link, read the synopsis, it is basically EXACTLY the same as the one posted in this article. Then look in the thread and all the negative responses.

Because that synopsis matches up with other synopsis' released. THAT is what was planned for SM4.

I even posted the link to the thread when it was first revealed back in November. Go back a page, click on the link, read the synopsis, it is basically EXACTLY the same as the one posted in this article. Then look in the thread and all the negative responses.
You're too sure of things. Seriously. What about the baby plot?

The baby plot was bogus.

Everyone thought Peter and MJ would be welcoming a baby just because there was a casting call for it.

As far as we know, the baby could've been Peter's and Vulturess's baby.

Well that was included in other articles. And the baby plot would of sucked balls too.

Look, it can't be a coincidence that these synopsis' match up. It was clearly a possibility of happening. And I'm sorry, but like I said in that thread back in November, it would of been crap.

Like I said before, I will not accept mediocrity for one of my favourite characters JUST because it is one of my favourite characters.

When Deadpool comes out if it turns out crap I will not go "Ohh that's awesome!" JUST because it's Deadpool. Why? Because that will be doing a massive disservice to the actual character. By accepting mediocrity you are giving the creators no real motive to improve.

I like you man but seriously, it seems that everything with Spider-Mans name on it, whether it is good or crap, you think it's awesome. And I'm not the only one to notice this so it is true. By doing that you are infact doing a massive disservice to the Spider-Man character.

**** I bet you liked the Clone Saga or BND JUST because they had Spider-Mans name on it.

Jesus Christ some of you fanboys are nuts. Do I believe Raimi wanted to make a good Spider-Man 4 movie? Yes I believe that was his intentions, but based on some of the story info that does indeed match up with other articles , Raimi had bad ideas. And Sony had bad ideas on what to force into the script. SM4 was a mess because of Sony and Raimi. What I can't stand is that some Raimi fans denying that he could do know wrong and it was all Sony's fault. I love Raimi, but he was just simply loosing his creative steam on Spidey.

Jesus Christ some of you fanboys are nuts. Do I believe Raimi wanted to make a good Spider-Man 4 movie? Yes I believe that was his intentions, but based on some of the story info that does indeed match up with other articles , Raimi had bad ideas. And Sony had bad ideas on what to force into the script. SM4 was a mess because of Sony and Raimi. What I can't stand is that some Raimi fans denying that he could do know wrong and it was all Sony's fault. I love Raimi, but he was just simply loosing his creative steam on Spidey.
:up:

That story is a load of bull ****. The source is somebody named "Vulture?" Nice.

The story according to three different sources featured Vultress or Black Cat (depending who you ask) as the daughter of Vulture, the owner of the Daily Bugle and Peter and MJ with a baby. That, that is terrible enough of a story. But whoever spewed that crap about Spidey killing, getting engaged to Felicia and quitting Spidey (again) obviously just recycled plotlines from SM1 and SM2. :rolleyes:

As for Avatar that is also ridiculous. Raimi wanted to push the envelope in every film. Compare the CGI of Spidey swinging in the first to SM2. Better yet compare CGI GG1 to Sandman coming to life. SM3 cost over $250 million and Sony purportedly wants 3D.

Look I think the basic plot of SM4 sucked. But fans need to quit believing every BS rumor on the Internet. Avatar did not intimidate Raimi. The Dark Knight did not scare him away either (though I imagine he saw how good it was and was frustrated that his SM4 was turning out worse than SM3). Seriously.

No actually the part about Spidey killing Felicia's father and quitting Spidey was reported by other articles.

Including one back in November.

Is it just me, or are we more concerned about the movie that will never be than the one at hand? It's natural and I wouldn't expect anything else, but I find it interesting.

No actually the part about Spidey killing Felicia's father and quitting Spidey was reported by other articles.

Including one back in November.
the first one we got was the "Viper storyline" which is basically the same ****

from November 10 or 11
Apparently she is the daughter of the new editor of The Daily Bugle, a man who is also referred to as ‘a viper' (more on this in a second). She falls in love with Peter Parker, and uncovers his true identity. Her father then dies, and Hardy becomes a threat to Peter Parker (presumably as The Black Cat).

Last edited:
Yea exactly. It just CANNOT be coincidence that they are basically exactly the same.

I'm sure Raimi did intend to make a great Spidey film. But that doesn't mean it would be great. The guy isn't literally perfect. No one is. And anyone who pretends so is a ****ing idiot. I mean, even the greats like Hitchcock and Coppola had their hiccups.

Sure the studio interferes aswell, but to put ALL the blame on the studio is just illogical.

Last edited:
mister j is correct the article makes no sense, they talk about sony being worried that disney will exploit the fact there is no forward momentum so to combat this they put the movie back a year AND get rid of the current cast ensuring an entirely new cast has found. that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"