The Amazing Spider-Man Did Spider-Man 4 Die Because Raimi Wanted It To Be Like Avatar?

I said in the other thread, we might be getting information from seperate drafts and revisions of the script.

This story mentions no kid or anything. The budget points might be true, but I think there is miscommunication on the story points. This doesn't match up with other sources that have been confirmed.

Christ, this thing looks like it should've been posted as a bad joke not as the leaked plot for the "redemption of SM3". Good thing Sony went with a reboot.

This story mentions no kid or anything. The budget points might be true, but I think there is miscommunication on the story points. This doesn't match up with other sources that have been confirmed.
You mean the baby storyline? If so, my previous post still stays the same.

Raimis stories are always the same...Love twist...People close to Parker seeking revenge against Spidey...and of course him questioning himself as Spider-Man several times...ehh so glad it never happened

And Sony didn't feel that an old man action figure of the Vulture would sell a lot? maybe this is why we never got those Aunt May and Uncle Ben action figures, damn.

-sigh- People clearly get an article that Raimi was messing up Spider-Man 4 more than Sony's decision for Vulturess ever could and they still praise him like he's the Jesus Christ of Spider-Man movies. :doh:

I seriously think that these synopsis it's true.

Peter leaves MJ = Dunst have some personal problems, maybe Raimi has reduce her role.

Peter's new fiancé = It seems it's confirmed that Hathaway was casting for this role, maybe someone think - at one point - it will be interesting to see this new fiancé became a villain.

Peter leaves powers, no more Spider-Man = It seems clear from the beginning that Raimi & Co. leaves franchise after 4th movie. And it's confirmed by Sony that - if Raimi stay on board - the 4th movie it'll be the last and 5th it's yet a reboot. So it makes sense and end like that, it's a clear "end of Raimi's franchise".

Mmm, reboot here we come :woot:

And Sony's safest route was to reboot the franchise. How stupid are they just like any other studio/production company with all there rebooted franchises.

watch this get debunked soon lol

remember Alexander Skargard was a shoe in for thor what happened?

and most recently every site like First showing/slash film/AICN/Hit Flix/Latino Review/ were all saying JEH was gonna be sinestro.Then what happens now Mark strong is getting the role.

what i have known about the tnernet regarding news is wait till you have a good source like the director lol

But if the fourth film was the last why leave it on an ending like that? That doesn't sound like Spider-Man at all. And not something to end a ten year franchise.

It won't get debunked. THIS has been said numerous times now. Face it you guys hero Raimi was going to give you a big pile of steaming ****. It's okay, even good directors get one every now and then.

Exactly, which is why I think this is partly false.

lol yea.

And the things is, it DOES sound like a Raimi ending. Pete quitting as Spidey for good to finish the franchise? C'mon, that reeks of Raimi.

And the fact is it has been reported by different sites at different times. It is basically EXACTLY the same as the one released in November when the delays and problems were first revealed.

not saying he did'nt but you guys act like raimi is satan and have been holding in your hate for 8 years and act like sm1 and 2 are not good films that is my only problem with some of you.

What? I've stated on MULTIPLE occasions that I love the first 2. Hell I put SM2 in my top 5 comic book films of all time.

But this blind Raimi love, grasping at straws to excuse this absolutely shoddy plot outline. It's really rather pathetic, if I'm honest.

Raimi is not PERFECT. No one is. Yea sure he wanted to make a great Spidey film. That doesn't actually mean it would be great. Even the masters like Hitchcock and Coppola had stinkers.

Honestly, we're really running out of a lot of avenues for explaining the SM4 script. No matter which is true, it's clear that they'd written themselves into a hole and further rewrites were only digging them down deeper.

I really don't understand it - it's not like there's a lack of material for a dramatic movie and this should have been realised when they kept talking about not being completely decided on the villains when the script had been written. I'd taken it as them trying to be coy - but it appears it was true and when you have a script where villains can be taken out and swapped it means one of two things - or possibly both:

1. The script is crap and lacks cohesion.
2. The script isn't comic accurate.

I'll miss the charm of Raimi's movies - but despite the talent involved, this would have been a disaster.

I dunno bout 5 and 6. Never heard anything about them.

James Vanderbilt signed on to write Spider-man 4, 5 and 6 - which we now know to be Spider-man 1, 2 and 3. A telling sign even then, since Raimi disliked his work on SM4.

Honestly, we're really running out of a lot of avenues for explaining the SM4 script. No matter which is true, it's clear that they'd written themselves into a hole and further rewrites were only digging them down deeper.

I really don't understand it - it's not like there's a lack of material for a dramatic movie and this should have been realised when they kept talking about not being completely decided on the villains when the script had been written. I'd taken it as them trying to be coy - but it appears it was true and when you have a script where villains can be taken out and swapped it means one of two things - or possibly both:

1. The script is crap and lacks cohesion.
2. The script isn't comic accurate.

I'll miss the charm of Raimi's movies - but despite the talent involved, this would have been a disaster.

I dunno bout 5 and 6. Never heard anything about them.

James Vanderbilt signed on to write Spider-man 4, 5 and 6 - which we now know to be Spider-man 1, 2 and 3. A telling sign even then, since Raimi disliked his work on SM4.

lol yea.

And the things is, it DOES sound like a Raimi ending. Pete quitting as Spidey for good to finish the franchise? C'mon, that reeks of Raimi.

And the fact is it has been reported by different sites at different times. It is basically EXACTLY the same as the one released in November when the delays and problems were first revealed.

Some parts of it are probably true, but I don't think the whole story is. Like I said, a lot was reported recently summarizing SM4 by other sites, and this summary is not in line with it in some ways. Like the kid. Where is the kid in this film? This leads me to believe it's false.

It won't get debunked. THIS has been said numerous times now. Face it you guys hero Raimi was going to give you a big pile of steaming ****. It's okay, even good directors get one every now and then.

See above portion of post.

This film was going to end up a disaster, but I still feel it is because Raimi and Sony couldn't agree. The Vulturess idea was a Sony, so even if that plot was 100% true, it's not a Raimi only plot, cause it includes at least 1 Sony idea.

But, I'm more inclined to believe that this is some other sites idea of what the film was based on what they've read over the web. Not actual hard proof.

Last edited:
I kind of suspected 4 wasn't going to turn out that great, even if I am upset over the reboot. I would have liked to see Raimi's final film, but I guess it doesn't matter now. There is no way it would have been made how Raimi would have wanted, and even then I don't think Raimi's vision for it would yield an amazing film.

So where is the baby in this script? Do you see how all of these reports conflict?

Maybe the baby was just a kid Spider-Man saved for christ sakes. Just cause it had red hair didn't mean it HAD to be Mary Jane and Peter's kids.

Nope, other reports said that Peter and MJ have a kid. Who is right? Why don't we believe them all!

I just saw this today on a blog:

"Raimi wanted Peter to become Man-Spider and go The Fly route because Raimi loved that movie. Also, Jeff Goldblum was going to be in this movie with Sam Neil and when the Lizard escapes, they get his attention with flares and Jeff gets hurt when running towards a bathroom. Also, a lawyer dies."

Nope, other reports said that Peter and MJ have a kid. Who is right? Why don't we believe them all!

I just saw this today on a blog:

"Raimi wanted Peter to become Man-Spider and go The Fly route because Raimi loved that movie. Also, Jeff Goldblum was going to be in this movie with Sam Neil and when the Lizard escapes, they get his attention with flares and Jeff gets hurt when running towards a bathroom. Also, a lawyer dies."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"