Rate the Movie (Strange Edition)

Loved it - 9/10. Any time a film can pleasantly surprise me - in the day and age of information and pre-release overload - I give it an automatic 8/10. The acting and the overall look of the film pushed it up to a 9. I have really minor nitpicks, but it is an AWESOME popcorn film. I really, really enjoyed it.

Realistically it's a 9/10.

But the movie gave me a 10/10 satisfaction.

I honestly have to give it a 5 or 6.

Sorry I found this one very underwhelming. The ingredients are all there. I just found the end result pretty flavorless. It's not a hot mess and there's nothing that offends most sensibilities but it's also pretty lackluster in my eyes all around.

I gave it an 8 out of 10
plusses: Every actor in the film, visuals, third act
minuses: Some awkward humor (though I found it funny), Not quite enough Kaecilius (only needed like one more scene to flesh out)

I'm going 9/10. The timeline just bugged me.

I went with an 8.

The timeline and the way it was addressed was not executed well. That was my main issue with the film.

Apart from that it was quite spectacular !

7/10
I enjoyed it, but not in my top list of marvel movies.

I had a free movie ticket (built up from loyalty points) so I went to see Dr Strange again (3rd time), as it comes to the end of its run tomorrow (replaced by Rogue One).

I thought, that after not having seen it for a month, I might enjoy it less.
Surprisingly, I was completely sucked in and enjoyed it even more the third time, and it has replaced Iron Man as my favorite origin story film.

CW is Marvel's best film IMO, but Strange is just a nose behind. A solid 9/10.

9/10 for me. Fun, thoughtful, beautiful visuals and some good characterizations. Really enjoyed Cumberbatch as Strange. Main things I wish they showed more of were some more of Mordo's backstory and more of what Kaecillius was up to after getting the pages from the book.

Last edited:
8. Visuals and creativity was top notch! One of the stronger 3Rd acts in any cbm there is. Great performances from the leads. Just a fun ride!

I honestly have to give it a 5 or 6.

Sorry I found this one very underwhelming. The ingredients are all there. I just found the end result pretty flavorless. It's not a hot mess and there's nothing that offends most sensibilities but it's also pretty lackluster in my eyes all around.

I'm going to have to second this take.

I give it about a 6.5. It wasn't nearly weird or funky enough. I think that the cast was largely wasted. Dormammu was wasted. They should've held off on him and built him up. Dr. Strange was one of my most anticipated Marvel films. I felt deflated leaving the theater.

Solid movie with some amazing visuals and choreography. Loved the entire 3Rd act.
8/10

I've seen a few folks semi-bagging on this movie so I felt compelled to come in here and defend it. This movie is an easy 8.5-9/10 to me and I think the RT score is entirely warranted. Some of the coolest looking set pieces of the entire MCU(especially for a 3D enthusiast like me) plus rock solid acting performances from the entire cast.
I can't wait to see what's next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"