Smallville Re-watching Smallville Thread!

Maybe this belongs here: has anyone ever noticed that Clark's jacket in Season 10 is the exact same jacket Ollie wore in Season 8? It has the patterns on the arms, but in the raw version of the images, I could swear that there is an outline on the chest area in the shape of the "S" symbol.

And...why didn't he wear this in Season 10?

Ya for me when show started I was in tenth grade, so I grew along with the show. Which was a good thing.

I don't recall that. Pic?

sm807-0003.jpg

Yeah, it does look similar. Well maybe some of Clark's red jackets in the first 8 seasons were used by other characters as well but in a different color lol.

Ya they probably made a couple different jackets for that fake blur outfit, and then since it was probably in storage they reuse/modified it for the blur 2 suit.

Can't believe it's going to be a year this Sunday since the series finale.

I know, and to celebrate I just read the first issue of the comic. Woot for sv still around in some form.

Started watching the series again tonight, now the Flash and Arrow have finished I need something to watch regularly so started from the Pilot and am going to go through from the first episode to the last again.

Side note, last time I did this I only made it to about Season Three so this time I need to stick to it.

So my son and I have been watching "Arrow" & "The Flash". His favorite is the Flash. So I told him that "Smallville" also had a version of the Flash. So we watched it. One thing I remembered is how bad a liar Clark was to Lex. So many easy excuses to use when confronted by things. Was never sure if it was intentional by the writers to show how much of a boy scout Clark is.

So my son and I have been watching "Arrow" & "The Flash". His favorite is the Flash. So I told him that "Smallville" also had a version of the Flash. So we watched it. One thing I remembered is how bad a liar Clark was to Lex. So many easy excuses to use when confronted by things. Was never sure if it was intentional by the writers to show how much of a boy scout Clark is.
I want to see a version of Superman where Clark is a master bulls*** artist. It would be a fun dichotomy that the ultimate super-powered boy scout is also a master of misdirection. :whatever:

Started watching the series again tonight, now the Flash and Arrow have finished I need something to watch regularly so started from the Pilot and am going to go through from the first episode to the last again.

Side note, last time I did this I only made it to about Season Three so this time I need to stick to it.
I don't blame you personally. The seasons after that don't really work as well writing wise.

Tom Welling might be better than Henry Cavill..

I don't blame you personally. The seasons after that don't really work as well writing wise.

It wasn't because I got bored or anything, I just got busy

Welling was likable the first two seasons. But then his Clark lost his charm and so did the show. IMO.

Rewatching the show right now. I only have Season 1 on DVD, but I went ahead and ordered season 2 pretty cheap.

I grew up with this show, been kinda missing it. Rosenbaum's Lex is still amazing. Personally my favorite. Really love how they handled the Clark/Lex relationship in this show. I want to say Season 5 was my favorite, but it's been so long since I've seen the show.

Usually, when someone asks my advice about Smallville, I tell them to watch first three seasons and the last (tenth) season.

Last season just for a sense of closure. I can't get myself interested in watching seasons 4 to 9.

So I'm going to give in and buy the complete series set on dvd. I was watching clips from the series on YouTube and..... man I really miss this show lol. I gave ten years of my life to this show and watching those clips brought back so much memories. People can say what they want about the show good or bad but I enjoyed SV from beginning to end. Yes even the sucky seasons. But even those have good moments threw out. That's all I wanted to say lol rant over.

I started watching from Season 6 on as I didn't watch it regularly when it first aired.

Hated season 6, 7 was ok, 8 was meh, 9 was fun and 10 is awesome.

As I started watching again all those old feeling of completely loathing the Clark/Lana relationship came flooding back. That was a story that was played out way too long.

But Season 9 & 10 were extremely strong, and I loved every bit. I would recommend the Smallville comics that DC ran with for a few years after the finale as they expand a bit more on the development of Clark to Superman.

I started watching from Season 6 on as I didn't watch it regularly when it first aired.

Hated season 6, 7 was ok, 8 was meh, 9 was fun and 10 is awesome.

As I started watching again all those old feeling of completely loathing the Clark/Lana relationship came flooding back. That was a story that was played out way too long.

But Season 9 & 10 were extremely strong, and I loved every bit. I would recommend the Smallville comics that DC ran with for a few years after the finale as they expand a bit more on the development of Clark to Superman.

I have all 10 season and I have watched each episode like 3 or 4 times and went though all 10 season like 2 times and I just started going though the show again after I hadn't watched it at all in like 2 years maybe 3. I am only on like season 1 episode 7 so far. That is interesting because I fell a lot different about season 6-10 then you do. Season 6 was when the show started getting worse. Season 7 was even worse and to much like a soap. Season 8 was a big improvement from season 6 and 7. Season 9 was really good like better then season 4-8. Season 10 maybe the worse season the show had. Felt like season 10 was just nothing but fillt episode and like they just had no idea's left.

I'm rewatching this show for the first time and as much as I enjoy it, the writing isn't that great and Clark is for all intents and purposes a moron. I'm half way through season 2 and the love triangle between chloe, Clark and lana is terrible. The way Clark's been written is a mess. He comes off as fundimentally hypocritical, he creates suspicion unecessarily and does an overwhelming incompetent job at trying to make his life easier. The one good thing about this show so far, are the Luthor. Excellently written and in Lex' case, you can't even blame him for his investigation into Clark.

I need some help here ...

when lex is using the orb in "quest" he places a pentagon "card" in it (with the same symbol as the one that has on his fireplace);

can anyone please remind me where he got that "card" !? I cant remember ...

I need some help here ...

when lex is using the orb in "quest" he places a pentagon "card" in it (with the same symbol as the one that has on his fireplace);

can anyone please remind me where he got that "card" !? I cant remember ...

Copying from the Smallville wiki: "A small piece of the Orb, which was needed to activate it, was separated from the Orb and hidden inside a clock in St. Christopher's Cathedral in Montreal, Canada."

It doesn't say in which episode he finds it though, and I don't remember it either.

I'm rewatching this show for the first time and as much as I enjoy it, the writing isn't that great and Clark is for all intents and purposes a moron. I'm half way through season 2 and the love triangle between chloe, Clark and lana is terrible. The way Clark's been written is a mess. He comes off as fundimentally hypocritical, he creates suspicion unecessarily and does an overwhelming incompetent job at trying to make his life easier. The one good thing about this show so far, are the Luthor. Excellently written and in Lex' case, you can't even blame him for his investigation into Clark.

I do think the way lex was written was like the best part but I don't think Clark was terable though. He did do some stupid stuff but there was also some times where the other characters where overly arsh towards him and the way johnny kent treated Lex was a lot worse then the way Clark treated him and there where some times where Lex did some things that I don't blame Clark for questioning lex about.

Pa Kent was quite unfair towards Lex and could have been more gentlemanly towards him. However, sure, Lex was a dick but most of the things he did was in response to the obvious lies and deception that were thrown at him. Lex wasn't stupid and for the most part the things he saw and experienced were dismissed in a half assed way or suspiciously avoided which just didn't make sense to any rational human being. Furthermore, Clark continuously and in a rather careless and irresponsible manner put himself under the microscope. It alsi8pissed me off how Clark would also just barge into Lex' mansion demanding answers when he himself does a crappy job at deflecting the fact he has his own secrets.

Sure, Clark had some great moments but most of the time, at least through season 1 to 6, the guy was really hard to tolerate. That whole secret reveal where Lana dies and then Clark gets Jorel to reverse things was one of the dumbest things on the show.

When this show was in syndication during its original run I knew the writing was hokey but rewatching makes me realise how spectacularly flawed this show was. Again, the best written characters so far as it's fresh in my memory as I'm now finishing up season 6 are, the 3 Ls; Lex, Lionel and Lois, although some of the stuff they did with Lex is just beyond dumb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"