Ridin’ with Biden

Since when has that ever been a problem.

Trump is already calling up state legislatures to manipulate the 2024 election for himself just as he did in 2020.

US appeals court bars Biden's debt relief for students defrauded by colleges​

Biden administration preparing to announce new proposals to reduce, cancel student loan debt

And Republicans keep suing and getting rightwing courts to stop them.
5th Circuit is a blight on the country. Most of the legally tenuous arguments go there because it's backwater conservative judges are ignorant of the law enough to side with rightwingers. This includes the current attack on morning after pills and eventually, contraception itself.

It’s better to have more campaign money than less but it didn’t save Michael Bloomberg from losing a primary in 2020.

Bloomberg was an exceptionally uninspiring candidate.

On the level of Nikki Haley.

Separately, Trump just raised 50 million.

When I read of Trump raising 50 million or Biden raising 25 million, I feel sorrow, because I know what it means: a lot of rich people will be owed favours.

We have more of an auction than a democracy.

Last edited:
What are they going to put in Trump's advertising?

The only thing he did was pad the SCOTUS for Republicans, and even that is biting him in the arse at the moment.

What are they going to put in Trump's advertising?

The only thing he did was pad the SCOTUS for Republicans, and even that is biting him in the arse at the moment.
I think any ads he puts out will be less about what he can do to improve the country and more about hate. Like, "Vote for me and I'll get rid of all of those people you don't like!"

It’s increasingly obvious there is a massive polling issue this year. Another red mirage circa 2022.

Sociologically there is no way Trump leading the youth vote is correct. The generation that cares about climate change the most, abortion rights, and identifies the most as lgbtq over any other generation - is going for Trump? The same guy who has continually fallen behind in all areas (fueling youth against him during his admin) including the youth vote itself?

Unsure what is going on precisely, but between this and Trump’s voter turnout in the primaries being significantly under polling - something is definitely up.

That is to say Biden’s numbers are obviously higher across the board than what polls are showing. Akin to Haley voters being undercounted.

Last edited:
It’s increasingly obvious there is a massive polling issue this year. Another red mirage circa 2022.

Sociologically there is no way Trump leading the youth vote is correct. The generation that cares about climate change the most, abortion rights, and identifies the most as lgbtq over any other generation - is going for Trump? The same guy who has continually fallen behind in all areas (fueling youth against him during his admin) including the youth vote itself?

Unsure what is going on precisely, but between this and Trump’s voter turnout in the primaries being significantly under polling - something is definitely up.

That is to say Biden’s numbers are obviously higher across the board than what polls are showing. Akin to Haley voters being undercounted.

I agree that we should be more and more skeptical of polls. Polling is intrinsically difficult, and also, pollsters don't necessarily have an incentive for accuracy.

But as for the youth vote -- America is in crisis, and Biden doesn't give a damn. Hi administration massages the statistics by e.g. claiming inflation is low, and has more money to buy Israel and Ukraine weapons than he does for e.g. food stamps.

Screenshot_20240409-071358.png

Look at this headline, just WTF? I think I had it bad as a millennial, especially compared to boomers who got everything easy, but the situation is far worse for Gen Z.

Trump is just as much of an out of touch elderly wealth white man, but that doesn't matter as historically the incumbent gets either the praise or the blame either way.

I think Biden's election strategy -- which emphasizes lawfare -- is misguided. It appeals to people who trust the justice system, but those people are already solid Democratic party voters. The priority should be the economy. By that I mean the real economy, not simply pretending that inflation and unemployment are low by releasing doctored statistics.

Addendum: Trump acknowledged in his 2016 campaign that inflation and unemployment numbers are both underestimated, but he forgot about that when he got to office.

I agree that we should be more and more skeptical of polls. Polling is intrinsically difficult, and also, pollsters don't necessarily have an incentive for accuracy.

But as for the youth vote -- America is in crisis, and Biden doesn't give a damn. Hi administration massages the statistics by e.g. claiming inflation is low, and has more money to buy Israel and Ukraine weapons than he does for e.g. food stamps.

View attachment 86615

Look at this headline, just WTF? I think I had it bad as a millennial, especially compared to boomers who got everything easy, but the situation is far worse for Gen Z.

Trump is just as much of an out of touch elderly wealth white man, but that doesn't matter as historically the incumbent gets either the praise or the blame either way.

I think Biden's election strategy -- which emphasizes lawfare -- is misguided. It appeals to people who trust the justice system, but those people are already solid Democratic party voters. The priority should be the economy. By that I mean the real economy, not simply pretending that inflation and unemployment are low by releasing doctored statistics.

Addendum: Trump acknowledged in his 2016 campaign that inflation and unemployment numbers are both underestimated, but he forgot about that when he got to office.

Here’s the thing though -

- in 2020, most of us millennials and gen z when polled didn’t vote for Biden; just against Trump. When asked it was mainly because - Biden wasn’t progressive enough. (Trump is even noticeably less progressive (to not at all) in comparison to Biden). Accurate and still reflects my views.

- the competition usually isn’t a former President who has shown what their policies are and what kind of economy they create (which Trump’s is statistically worse off than Biden’s)

- there is also a matter of the polled priorities for millennials and gen z not matching up with Trump’s priorities; as stated climate change being high up while favoring the guy who pulled out of the Paris Accords and acts like it doesn’t exist than the guy that does

- it has continually been the youth vote and turnout in 2020 and 2022 that prevented republicans from taking over due to the above; especially against Trump favored candidates (and Trump himself).

- The resistance against Trump during his administration was mainly driven by the youth.

It would be one thing if the youth vote was noticeably increasingly heading that way. However, as recently as 2022 has shown - the voting base has remained against Biden and Trump while against Trump more.

It’s like hearing cows can suddenly fly since it largely doesn’t match actual results.

Last edited:

Age 18-29 voters
2008: D+34 (18% of total participating voters)
2012: D+23 (19%)
2016: D+19 (19%)
2020: D+24 (17%)

Exactly and in 2022:

“young people, aged 18 to 29, had one of the highest voter turnouts in a midterm election in recent history”

“young voters preferred Democratic House candidates by a 28-point margin. Youth of color, young women and LGBTQ youth supported Democrats by an even wider margin.”

Empirical data such as this shows recent polls are upside down and things don’t completely change like that basically overnight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"