Ridin’ with Biden

So people are actually angry about the checks but not for the reason you think. People in my area think Biden STOLE the credit for getting us $2000 stimulus checks from DONALD TRUMP and are saying he will pay for doing that.

So people are actually angry about the checks but not for the reason you think. People in my area think Biden STOLE the credit for getting us $2000 stimulus checks from DONALD TRUMP and are saying he will pay for doing that.
Their minds work in mysterious (idiotic) ways.

Joe Manchin could vote no...

No, Biden and Democrats have the leverage. After 1/6/21, there's going to be pressure on Senate Republicans to play nice -- and some will.

Biden doesn't have a 60 Senate vote majority and Manchin isn't going to vote to end the filibuster. Until either one comes to fruition, compromises have to be made to get stuff passed.

And Biden is probably going to do an ambitious reconciliation bill -- but he can only do that once a year (or every two years, I'm not sure). So they should save THAT for a big ticket progressive item.

I really gotta disagree with that first part. That's part of the thinking that makes Democrats want to be bipartisan. I mean look, Biden is more liked than Obama, so I could possibly see them be more open to work with them, and I realize there is going to be compromise with things, but don't do it by trying to meet at their level to appeal to them. I wouldn't make that your strategy to get stuff done.

If you start high and God forbid, the GOP force your hand, at least the Dems are in a political position to say Republicans are for less money. Now it looks like the Dems are for less money and the GOP can chip at them. That's how they can have the leverage.

As for a reconciliation bill, does that need to pass with a simple majority?

Last edited:
Joe Manchin is the one we have to look out for here.
And then there's the question of whether anyone can be pulled across the aisle or if McConnell will maintain a solid block of refusing to vote for anything Biden proposes.

I just can't believe we're seriously seeing the same old arguments against the minimum wage raise even now that there's multiple places who already did it, so a simple Google search can disprove the fear-mongering. Like, if you're going to shill for corporate robber barons, at least put some effort into it.

I think $1400 would be easier to pass with Republicans likely voting for it. Try and pass another one down the line.

It would've been wiser to give adults 2k and kids 1k instead of 1400 for everyone.

That way Democrats can say they gave people 2k and the amount of money distributed is essentially the same.

giphy.gif

Criticism please?
Criticism? I'm just getting mixed messaging from working with the other side and not using EOs to now using EOs which could anger the other side.

I think it's too late there Joe...

I disagree. Any attempt to decouple wearing a mask from the B.S. partisan political nonsense, even an attempt doomed to failure because Trump supporters would inject bleach if Dear Leader told them to, is a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"