Robert Pattinson IS The Batman

So... does that mean there's a chance those lenses are potentially part of the final look since Pattinson said that wasn't the final suit? I know he could be referencing it not being the final size or some of the materials may have been altered but still...

So... does that mean there's a chance those lenses are potentially part of the final look since Pattinson said that wasn't the final suit? I know he could be referencing it not being the final size or some of the materials may have been altered but still...
What lenses?

The interview is from October so he’s probably talking about the suit he auditioned in.

Offensive and derivative as your posts have been so far, Flint Jr, you may be on to something there.
Still melting?

Is Flint Jr a relevant term or supposed to be funny? Explain your unfunny terminology.

If your posts are indicative of your lack of growth in scripting dialogue over the last 16 years ... let alone witty ones? Once again, yikes

I'm still really shocked they won't be using Flashpoint to merge the DCEU and The Batman into a new continuity as many had speculated (even a lot of scoopers had speculated something similar to this).

I thought the strategy of DC on film going forward as having standalone films that are only loosely connected was going well with the success of Aquaman and Shazam! showing this. I think it's absurd that we'll be getting two cinematic Batman's concurrently. It's funny because for years this was WB's logic because they were so opposed to Batman being on another medium concurrently with the films, look at how many times the showrunners of the Arrowverse were rebuffed from having him on their show. I think the traditional logic that they previously seemed to believe will turn out true as I think the GA will find two cinematic Batman's too strange a concept and will ultimately take away from each other rather than compliment.

The films still seem to loosely connect, if at all. Even if Keaton shows up in other films, I doubt it will "connect" to Batgirl, or whatever he may show up in outside of him just showing up. Keaton as Batman in a supporting role isn't the same as Affleck having entire films revolved around him. Flash will still revolve around Flash. It's still his story. Pattinson's Batman films are "thee" Batman films. Keaton as Batman in the Flash film doesn't really stop their focus on solo / contained films.

Also, with the mutliverse being introduced, I imagine, in time, they'll definitely want to merge Pattinson with the "DCEU".

His Batman was supposed to be a Event, now with that Keaton News , its feel like just another day at the Office. im bummed for Him just for that.

His Batman was supposed to be a Event, now with that Keaton News , its feel like just another day at the Office. im bummed for Him just for that.
I kinda agree to be honest. His batman movie wont be having the THE batman on screen but just another version of him while another version comes out months before and after.

I feel that way to an extent. To be honest, if Keaton wasn't in play and WB decided to just hire a brand new (to the role) actor so that they could have their 'Bat-Fury' for the DCEU I wouldn't like it. I'd want Pattinson to be given his chance as the Batman, just as Keaton, Bale, and Affleck were given theirs. But it's Keaton. As impressed as I was by Pattinson's casting, this has me even more excited. That might make me a bit of a hypocrite, but I can't help it.

Even if that’s the case, i’m fine with sitting in a theater with ten people. As long as i enjoy it, I’m good. I don’t think this movie will make Dark Knight money anyway. I think the feedback will be enough to green light a sequel, and then THAT will be the movie that will feel like an event across the globe.

Also, once the Snyder Cut is behind us, all focus will be on The Batman. Trust me. Maybe it will be huge, maybe it won’t...but don’t let a re release of Justice League on tv (that a lot of people won’t be watching) and a supporting role in a Flash movie change your mind about this movie. If there’s anything that will stop this from being a mega event, it’s covid mixed with the fact that it’s a first timer in the cowl.

put out an awesome trailer that grabs people and he won't feel like an after thought at all.

if you have something good on your hands with batman, people will come in droves.

I think a 70 year old Michael Keaton who I doubt will wear the suit more than once or twice is divorced enough from Pattinson it won’t matter much. It’d probably be different if they were doing a second full on consistently in costume Batman.

It makes way more sense if they want a Batman for crossovers to just have their own version for the shared universe and let Reeves have his own continuity with zero pressure to tie into anything else. Best of both worlds.
I think a 70 year old Michael Keaton who I doubt will wear the suit more than once or twice is divorced enough from Pattinson it won’t matter much. It’d probably be different if they were doing a second full on consistently in costume Batman.

It makes way more sense if they want a Batman for crossovers to just have their own version for the shared universe and let Reeves have his own continuity with zero pressure to tie into anything else. Best of both worlds.
I think you have a good point in pointing out that the two versions will be different so I can concede that.

However, I still think it's unwise to focus on a much older Bruce in the DCEU. It's much more interesting to have a younger Batman IMO. It's not as interesting having either a Batman who isn't Bruce or Batgirl in the Justice Leauge when much of the other cast are the same age as Robert Pattinson.

As for continuity, I don't see how an eventual team-up would conflict with Matt Reeve's trilogy? They can be their own stories and then he gets recuited in the JL film itself before going back to his solo films. Look at GOTG2 and Avengers 3-4 as an example.

The films still seem to loosely connect, if at all. Even if Keaton shows up in other films, I doubt it will "connect" to Batgirl, or whatever he may show up in outside of him just showing up. Keaton as Batman in a supporting role isn't the same as Affleck having entire films revolved around him. Flash will still revolve around Flash. It's still his story. Pattinson's Batman films are "thee" Batman films. Keaton as Batman in the Flash film doesn't really stop their focus on solo / contained films.

Also, with the mutliverse being introduced, I imagine, in time, they'll definitely want to merge Pattinson with the "DCEU".

What would be the point then of merging the Burtonverse with the DCEU to only undo this later on in the decade by putting Pattinson in? There would need to be another time travel/reality altering Flash movie so soon after each other.

That would cause fatigue in the audience. Look at how DC shook up their continuity in the 2010's with New 52 only to make changes again with Rebirth. I think it would be unwise to do that with the films.

One continuity one of the resons the MCU was so successful.

What would be the point then of merging the Burtonverse with the DCEU to only undo this later on in the decade by putting Pattinson in? There would need to be another time travel/reality altering Flash movie so soon after each other.

That would cause fatigue in the audience. Look at how DC shook up their continuity in the 2010's with New 52 only to make changes again with Rebirth. I think it would be unwise to do that with the films.

Yeah, there’s something to be said about have a simple continuity to follow, and not be muddled with convoluted plot devices that only comic book fans are used to.

Right now at least, I’d prefer a single shared universe, or separate unique entities that are wholly understood to be isolated.

It’s getting lame to have the bat-universe be fractured between 3 possible alternate realities; Joker, DCEU, Battinson. Maybe even another depending on where a Batgirl or Batman Beyond movie falls under.

Having Flashpoint tell audiences they’re all “connected” isn’t going to magically solve how messy it seems. Look at how CW’s Crisis event was sloppily handled. Those cameos and multiverse appearances didn’t help mend haphazard handling.

Yeah I'm not as thrilled about this Keaton idea as other people are, I guess it doesn't help I wasn't really into him as Batman in the first place.

I don't think the "Burtonverse" and "DCEU" would become undone as a result. I also don't think anything outside of Batman himself (clearly the biggest part of it) will be very relevant to the film. I don't expect the canon of that world from the previous movies to be brought up too much. They have 30 years of **** to make up. It also doesn't have to be the Flash who triggers it the second time around. A future entity could harness the power to do so or the aftermath of Flash's actions could cause a tear in some sort of space time continuum ****, Idk. Lol

And yes, the MCU is very successful. Idk what that has to do with it. Lol DC is beyond that.

Are we talking about Pattinson? I hugely disagree with this sentiment. Keaton is in a supporting role in a movie about another character. Pattinson is in a movie that fully revolves around Batman and his actions. It's not the same as all. They're gonna be so drastically different.

I think you have a good point in pointing out that the two versions will be different so I can concede that.

However, I still think it's unwise to focus on a much older Bruce in the DCEU. It's much more interesting to have a younger Batman IMO. It's not as interesting having either a Batman who isn't Bruce or Batgirl in the Justice Leauge when much of the other cast are the same age as Robert Pattinson.

As for continuity, I don't see how an eventual team-up would conflict with Matt Reeve's trilogy? They can be their own stories and then he gets recuited in the JL film itself before going back to his solo films. Look at GOTG2 and Avengers 3-4 as an example.
Eh, I think it’s a perfect time for a Batman who isn’t Bruce or Batgirl to get time in the spotlight. But then again I’m someone who thought Dick should’ve stayed Batman indefinitely in the comics.

It’s the principle of the thing on top of everything else. Who knows if Rob is even all that interested in doing Justice League movies.

There will not be a crossover into Reeves’ world. Pattinson, like Bale has no interest in that kind of thing. And Reeves has been fighting for a stand alone universe since day one. If they thought it was possible, they would have waited after a few movies to see if they can hook the DCEU heroes up with Rob. They’re not waiting, which tells me all parties have discussed this situation.

Everyone has their cake and can eat it too. A studio wants their shared universe with the remaining success stories. The artist wants a stand alone story or he’s gonna walk. It’s 2020 and there happens to be a way where both can get what they want.

Yeah, it just feels so clearly like a win for everyone. I understand hesitation around two Batmen at once but this is a far, far more intelligent and creative strategy than I would've expected from WB.

Lowkey been assuming WB would try to strong-arm Reeves and Pattinson eventually and muck everything up.

It's actually a brilliant work-around.

With Keaton, you keep Bruce Wayne in the DCEU, but you have him train a new Batman/Batgirl (Beyond style), who will presumably take Batfleck's place in future DCEU movies.

Meanwhile, you have Pattinson playing Bruce Wayne in his own standalone franchise.

Perfect way to have two cinematic Batmen running concurrently without one stepping on the other's toes.

this will be like the comic books.

there's the mainstream universe that connects all the characters - the dceu.

then there's matt reeves batman - which is like a stand alone graphic novel or limited series..

Ultimately time will tell if this is a good move on WB's part, it's certainly an inspired idea I'll give them that. Having R Patts in the DCEU is only personal taste at this point and I've given my thoughts on it but who knows I may be proven wrong and the general audience really embraces it but right now I'm in the skeptic camp.

I mean, at this point, who knows when we’re actually going to be able to see any of these movies.

put out an awesome trailer that grabs people and he won't feel like an after thought at all.

if you have something good on your hands with batman, people will come in droves.
Yeah, when a trailer comes out Patman will be front and centre again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"