Season 1, Episode 2: "Heritage" (SPOILERS)

"His human DNA is just too limiting."

Goddamn if they aren't setting up the Eradicator, this is just cruel, lol.

Ouch this version of Jor-El is cold, even more so than the version in Smallville.

I’m still convinced that Jonathan has the power within him

Jor Jor, the kid displayed super powers and your dated rock is showing nothing, I think you need an upgrade.

Maybe the boys are like the wonder twins and only have powers together?

Yeah that’s about what I expected out of Lois Lane the mom

This entire family feels like fish out of water and not meant for farm life.

Oh no, I hope there isn’t a noticeable difference/drop in quality
If there is, I doubt it will be too noticeable. Every show starts with a "show bible" created by the showrunner and pilot director that dictates the aesthetic technical aspects of the show for each rotating director/DP/etc. to follow. So stylistically/cinematography-wise, it will be the same. The quality fluctuations come in with the scripts and of course, when directors try to do new things that clash with the show bible. Which is why I'm wary of Jesse Bamford directing episode 4, because his insistence on a "yay practical, boo CGI!" approach won't fly with this show any better than it did on SG. Even worse, I'd say.

Lois you should call Kara who can call Lena who can just buy The Daily Planet.

Where is Perry White? Is he still alive? I wish the DP built up a bit more with characters to make Lois quitting more powerful.

But it was another enjoyable episode! Fortress seems basic and I hope there is more to it as we've seen in Supergirl.

Oh we got see evil Superman! Only downside is that they reused the black costume instead of creating a new one. Love the collar though.

It makes sense why Perry might not play as big a role as he used to if Clark’s been Superman for 20 years, especially with Edge buying the planet

Oh we got see evil Superman! Only downside is that they reused the black costume instead of creating a new one. Love the collar though.
That was his best suit before this show, so I'm glad they're getting a chance to use it again, lol.

I liked this more than the pilot, for sure. The teen angst wasn't as noticeable and less set up involved. The action continues to impress and while I've always been pretty sold on Tyler as Clark/Superman, he's really coming into his own. I wasn't sold on Bitsie as Lois until this episode though. Wow. She was great, especially there at the end. Not surprised she quit the Planet.

Of course they went the "Injustice" route, but like others said, at least we got to see the black suit again. Episode 3 seems to have more of that "angst" again so we'll see. Loving this show so far!

I'll look at making some avatars tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"