Season 1, Episode 2: "Heritage" (SPOILERS)

Another strong episode. :up:

I've gotta say, so far, I'm really enjoying the Kent brothers' relationship. They don't always get along, but you can tell they love each other. Jon's character impressed me more this week.

Lois was very classic Lois this week. The whole Smallville Gazette thing feels like another thing they're pulling from Rebirth (though there it was the Hamilton Horn), and I'm here for it.

Just as I suspected, this Lex really was a "hero" on his world.

Not sure how I feel about this Jor-El yet. And yeah, I hope they do more with the Fortress than what we've seen here.

It makes sense why Perry might not play as big a role as he used to if Clark’s been Superman for 20 years, especially with Edge buying the planet

Maybe Franklin Stern can buy The Daily Planet just like he did in comics and tv series Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman and Smallville.

Last edited:
I can't be the only one that thinks Lana looks like an older version of Elena from VD, right?

I can't be the only one that thinks Lana looks like an older version of Elena from VD, right?
I never watched TVD, but I know who you're talking about and have definitely gotten those actresses mixed up before.

That ending, though...did anyone think we'd see
the black Elseworlds suit
again?

Strong follow up to the pilot. Put it together with the pilot and it feels like a Superman and Lois feature film.

Kryptonopolis is from the comics storyline, Return To Krypton.

I got my wish to see Superman get even with Captain Luthor. Now we can go ahead and watch this and pilot together again and again.

Another really solid episode and as far as The Black Suit goes I honestly haven't gotten tired of seeing it in live action yet even if the evil superman trope feels a bit old and cheap at this point. It was atleast some really nice set up for Captain Lex Luthor and I hope we get to see his character fleshed out even more throughout the show.

The highlights of this episode though outside of that great action sequence with Supes taking on Lex and pushing that ship outside of Earth's atmosphere which looked dope asf has to be the moments with Lois and the brotherly moment between Jordan and Johnathan towards the end.

I know there is still plenty of teen angst to come, but they have handled the genuine moments of family drama in this show really well so far and I can definitely tell the Kent brohters do actually care for one another which is a nice touch IMO instead of them always feeling like they hate eachother.

tenor.gif

Black really does make everything look better...that collar on it... I LOVE IT! Wish it was adapted to his current outfit.

But this just shows how much more "creative" this showrunner is compared to MG. They found it hard to do an origin episode for E2 Laurel Lance because she came from a different Earth. This show is already delving into different Earth politics and all they had to let us know is "this guy is from a different Earth"

If we get the black suit again, per that ending scene, at least differentiate it from the awful Superman suit we've seen Clark wear up until now.

Otherwise, good second episode. I'm glad with the way this and Black Lightning have handled the family drama stuff this week in particular.

I don't remember if Iris was a journalist in the comics. Kind of an issue for me. Just because it's so similar to Lois.

I don't remember if Iris was a journalist in the comics. Kind of an issue for me. Just because it's so similar to Lois.

She was a news reporter I think. Definitely wouldve been best if they went that route but it is what it is. And of course in Arrowverse fashion she has to go solo and have her own successful reporting business.

Iris was a tv reporter, Linda Park was more of a investigative reporter like Lois.

Ouch this version of Jor-El is cold, even more so than the version in Smallville.
Look at the pattern of light and dark shading on the sides and middle of the hologram A.I.'s clothes. We know a character from the comics who wears a costume like that.

Look at the pattern of light and dark shading on the sides and middle of the hologram A.I.'s clothes. We know a character from the comics who wears a costume like that.
tenor.gif

Maybe because its more of the small town feel? But Smallville feels a lot more developed/lived in compared to Gotham which Im having issues with. Especially since the two shows shoot in the same location and follow the same protocols. The world they've set up in these two episodes just feels bigger.

Glad to hear episode 2 is staying strong. I think I'm going to wait until the seasons over and binge the whole thing, but it's always good to hear the praise.

Another great episode. :up: I can’t get over how cinematic it looks like. I didn’t care for the acting of the two brothers when they were sort of fighting but I’m still loving their relationship and I’m going to enjoy it while it lasts. That scene of Lois quitting was so good. Everything Lois did in this ep is very Lois and I love that. Tyler, of course, continues to be great. That ending! I didn’t see that coming. :awesome:

I think this was a bit better than pilot because it actually gave Lois something to do. The VFX continues to impress (being a CW show and all) and I hope they can keep pulling off quality Superman action. This show is like Superman's Greatest Hits and it works. I'm truly enjoying this one so far.

I liked this much more than the pilot. Then again, a 90 minute pilot can drag where as a 50 minute pilot forces tightness in storytelling .

Everyone was gushing over the pilot and I really didn't feel what they were feeling. For me, this episode clicked mostly since they got all the set up out of the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"