Falcon and Winter Soldier SEASON 1, EPISODE 5: TRUTH (SPOILERS)

Donner

Chaotic Neutral Mutant
Reaction score
Oh hell Bucky is pissed!

Cap trying to kill Sam. Yikes.

Julia Louis-Dreyfus made her surprise MCU debut as Contessa Valentina Allegra de Fontaine the villainous big bad: Power Broker better known in the comics as Madame Hydra

Last edited:
The first 10 minutes ! F@@@@@#$%!

Loved the Civil War music in the background.

Have to take a break before I watch the rest of it, that was so awesome, I'm losing my mind. Even if the rest of the episode is ****, that fight made the whole series worthwhile.

Okay, ready for the rest now....

So **** is going down the next episode.

And Sharon is bankrolling Batroc. That's mean. Sam's gonna be hurt when he finds that out.

Also training!montage!Sam!

And therapist Sam, who did more for Bucky in 5 minutes than his therapist did in 6 months.

Still waiting on that scene with Bucky and the kids hanging from his arm. I hope this shot is the final one for the series.

FB_IMG_1617133173181.jpg

The fight between Walker, Sam and Bucky was brutal.

Walker is honorable discharged and revoked by the government to be Captain America.

Zemo is arrested and sent to the raft by the Dora .

I really enjoyed the brotherly talk between Bucky and Sam.

Sam running and training with the shield was definitely a nice nod to the Rocky montage.

Batroc is back

Walker constructs his own makeshift shield

Last edited:
That opening duel between Walker, Bucky, and Sam was badass!

So Elaine is the Power Broker lol. That’s actually pretty awesome.

Hope this isn’t the last we see of Zemo. Was actually a little disappointed to see how his capture played out. Was expecting something more.

Time for Karly to bite the dust. Zemo was right about her. She’s too far gone and radicalized now

And that mid credits tease...US Agent here we come! :applaud

I thought it was a little nod to Bucky knowing Steve so well that before Steve went back in time, Bucky told him he would miss him, knowing that he was going to stay in the past.

I guess it was more obvious that Steve just told him what he was going to do lol.

-Sharon may be playing bad to get to the bottom of the Power Broker/Madame Hydra/Contessa Valentina Allegra de Fontaine. (May also see the supposed hints of her ties to the events of Black Widow.) Still feel she's possibly working for Fury and/or SWORD in deep cover to get her pardon.
-John shows up as US Agent at the GRC meeting that is getting attacked by the Flag Smashers to get revenge for them killing Lemar/Battlestar.
-Sam will be showing up in his new Wakandan-provided Captain America suit with Bucky at the same meeting.
-Batroc will be attempting to assassinate Karli and potentially even Falcon, Bucky, or Walker at the GRC meeting. Would be surprised if Sharon shows up to maintain her cover but also be there to protect her friends.
-Betting the Power Broker/Valentina has been behind some of the GRC's dealings and it ends up getting disbanded or severely damaged.
-Closing scenes will likely include the shots of Bucky holding the kids with his vibranium arm down in Louisiana.

Last edited:
I was perusing Facebook and Twitter and Tumblr before this episode and literally everyone was wrong. Down to even the slightest inclination of who the Power Broker is.

It's almost annoying. I think I'm going to stop reading anything for the next week. The amount of people who take one sentence from the actors or writers or even a character and blow it out of proportion to be some wild theory is insane.

Just curious: why are you guys bothering with spoiler tags in the spoiler thread?

This show just continues to hit the right notes for me. Awesome action with great character development and good humor that doesn’t feel forced.

That opening battle was very brutal. Getting the full backstory of Isiah and the wrong doings against him were tragic and it makes me really eagerly awaiting when hopefully Eli becomes Patriot Isiah’s reaction to that. Julia Louis-Dreyfus being the Power Broker was fun and surprising.

Kari is a person I still sympathize with and get her reasoning behind it even tho she’s basically becoming who she hates and is fighting against.

The bonding between Sam and Bucky was nice and furthered their growing friendship. I’m really hoping that’s not the last of Zemo because otherwise it would be pretty disappointing even though if it is then at least we know he’ll pop up again sometime in the future.

With John Walker like Kari I get the reasons for his actions but I can’t agree with it and it is sad to see that he’s going even farther down that dark path. Sharon was the one funding Batroc took me by surprise and I’m hoping she’ll be able to get some kinda redemption down the road.

Them ending the episode with Sam opening up that Wakandan suitcase and ending it right there was a nice tease. I can’t wait to see Sam as his version of the new Cap in the finale. But yeah just a dope episode and can’t wait for next week.

So I just watched the fight scene and stopped after that because I want to see this with my nephews.
To be fair the fight was awesome though a little disappointing at the end.

John Walker's DIY Captain America shield is so funny, lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"