The Bad Batch Season 2 Spoiler Discussion Thread

Fantastic two-parter. Lot of really well done tension and Palpatine playing everything to get what he wanted is pitch perfect. Sad ending, guess Echo's actor couldn't be on the show. :o

Yeah, this was pretty great. This plus Andor has me dying for a series that is nothing but Imperial Coruscant intrigue. All I would need is for Palpatine to show up every few episodes to an awed hush and haunting music.

Absolutely amazing pair of episodes. Kevin Kiner's music on this season really deserves praise.

The episodes weren't bad, but honestly, I kind of prefer the standalone adventure episodes.

Genuinely surprised the assassin wasn't Crosshair.

I do enjoy seeing the clones out of armor. Especially liking Rex's new suit.

Kind of an anticlimatic end to Rampart, so I am thinking he isn't completely done yet.

I'm assuming the point of the off the books black ops clone team there is that Rampart will use them in the finale after escaping or something, giving them a smaller faction they can defeat at the end of the season.

The most heavily networked planet in the Empire is a good post for a subversive agent who can interface directly with computers. Echo will round out the “Bad Batch: Coruscant” team of Rex, Cody, Howzer, and Crosshair. It’ll be like when Farscape was alternating stories between the two crews.

I’m assuming that Crosshair hasn’t merely been brooding over his growing disenchantment with the Empire. Brooding, certainly, he wouldn’t be Crosshair if he didn’t, but he’s also very good at waiting patiently in the shadows for the right moment to strike.

Rampart has totally been playing a role this whole time. He’s too coldly calculating to leave evidence lying around unless he wants it to be found. Since Mount Tantiss is part of this show, I’m guessing that Rampart is an Emperor’s Hand.

Echo joins the Batch, Crosshair leaves shortly afterward. Echo leaves the Batch, Crosshair returns?

enjoyed the episodes

but I'm confused: was there no connection between Omega and Senator Chuchee or whatever her name was?
I coulda sworn they were going to reveal she was the source of Omega's x-chromosome or something
between the voice being damn near the same (Same actress?) and the face sharing similarities, I thought for sure a reveal was coming...

Loved these two episodes. I feel like the show has been much more focused in season 2. I know I wasn't super positive about the show initially, but it has really been winning me over.

For all its detractors Disney Star Wars has been great at using these TV shows to create a much more consistent and interesting universe. The focus on the Reign of the Empire and New Republic eras is honestly quite clever.

Echo will round out the “Bad Batch: Coruscant” team of Rex, Cody, Howzer, and Crosshair. It’ll be like when Farscape was alternating stories between the two crews.
This is what I'm hoping for as well.

I've caught up and have enjoyed the season so far. I feel like outside of those three "big" episodes, it's felt lesser then season 1, but still a real good time.

I will say, this show feels like it has more tonal whiplash episode to epsidoe, then any of the others. It goes from kids' adventure to bloody Arlington Road inside two episodes. :funny:

Also, fun:

f540a76b2a86e51c98b14a8c39fd70ce0e7e35dd.gifv

51bc9ddae0940c8d63efc0deab3e6cc59a1308ea.gifv

Loved today's episode, nice to finally see Tech open up, the scenes between him and Omega were excellent. Contrasting their very different responses to Echo leaving provided some really good and fairly emotional character development. Plot-wise the Batch's trust in Sid is getting tested now, she was pretty reluctant to help them out, and I'm curious to see how this storyline with their ship will play out, the tone of this episode made its theft feel kind of final.

Last edited:
At first, I was expecting another fine episode that ultimately doesn't do much for me in the long run like 4 and 5, but I think the stuff with Tech and Omega was really well-handled and elevated the episode as a result. Curious ending too, wonder what they do with it.

(Re: 2x09 "The Crossing")

I thought the title meant that this would be a Crosshair episode. Then I thought the Western music and setting meant that this would be a Cad Bane episode.

The thief doesn't know that the Empire is looking for that particular shuttle. Giving the shuttle back to the Batch could be a way for the villagers to pay for the Batch's help when the Empire shows up making polite, gentle inquiries.

Thanks for the flashback to Lion King, Filoni.

Big "divorced parents" discussions going on this episode. Hit a little close to home.

Always nice to see Omega to pair up with one of the other Clones.

These last 3 episodes have been solid. Especially liked the Clone Conspiracy two part episodes

Show has finally picked up and found its footing this second season with these past 3 episodes

Loved seeing Palpatine make an appearance

That Benni kid will definitely show up later in the season to steal something.

For some reason, I am getting reminded of Farscape. Why do I suspect Omega is going to be recruiting a lot of these one shot characters again in order to save the boys someday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"