The Bad Batch Season 2 Spoiler Discussion Thread

Loved the entire creepy abandoned ship ship vibe, pretty reminiscent to Dead Space. For a sec I thought we’d be seeing zombie troopers like in the Death Trooper novel until that Godzilla looking monster from Clone Wars appeared

The Imperial doctor’s voice sounded very familiar to me and then I saw in the credits that he was portrayed by Liam McPoyle :funny:

Tech's complete and utter lack of tact continues to be my favourite thing. "Yeah, they were all definitely eaten. Probably while still alive, you know how it is." Just scarring Omega for life with each passing day.

Love how we're diving into the Empire and cloning in both this and Mando. A necessity with Dathan, Snoke, Palpatine etc. of course.

I still think Grogu is a clone (they did say he probably wasn't a strand-cast), but it's interesting that he was born about 20 years before Bad Batch. Whereas Dathan is created 9 years from now and Snoke somewhere before that. No canon date yet.

I'm guessing Snoke is what they are working on in one of those off-world cloning facilities. I always thought it was interesting that they confirmed Dathan and Snoke were created so long before Palpatine died. Also curious why Omega will end up being so important. Maybe she's the first real strand-cast?

Hell, as altered and enhanced clones, the entire Bad Batch technically could be. Good stuff!

Last edited:
The new villain seems like a good step up from Rampart.

I expect Snoke/ST stuff, but considering they’re doing all this at Mount Tantiss on the planet Wayland, that’s a huge and specific pull directly from Heir to the Empire. So I wouldn’t be surprised if we see nods and hints to Spaarti cloning and everything that leads to.

I expect Snoke/ST stuff, but considering they’re doing all this at Mount Tantiss on the planet Wayland, that’s a huge and specific pull directly from Heir to the Empire. So I wouldn’t be surprised if we see nods and hints to Spaarti cloning and everything that leads to.
Yeah, I think it's pretty likely they'll be doing other cloning related stories like this (and Grogu) to show the Empire's capabilities. They won't just tie it all to the Sequel characters, but just laying the groundwork probably. Heir to the Empire would be great. :D

I couldn't tell what happened in what episode, but I've enjoyed the whole season to date. I want much more animated series like this across Star Wars, Marvel & DC, fantasy and beyond.

One can practically hear Filoni's sigh of exasperation. "Fine, we will give them their damn Zillow beast follow up".

Not gonna lie, the biggest surprise to me was the Tantis director not being Sam Witwer.

Wrehka is the worst negotiator.

"It ATE the crew!!" was cute Oh, Omega.

I do love that they are using Clone Commandos more, even if they seem to be regulated to operating for the Mt Tantis project. Interesting note, Dee Bradley Baker was credited as Clone Troopers/Scorch, so I am assuming the commando with grey/dark navy markings was Scorch, which is an interesting pull for that character.

The new villain seems like a good step up from Rampart.

My expectations are we see the origins of certain special troopers. Death Troopers are hinted at being something different than a normal trooper. And it would probably explain why they tend to be assigned to big Imperial special projects.

My expectations are we see the origins of certain special troopers. Death Troopers are hinted at being something different than a normal trooper. And it would probably explain why they tend to be assigned to big Imperial special projects.

I could see the origin of Death Troopers taking place there, sure. Phase I Dark Troopers as well, when they were deformed cyborgs instead of pure droids.

Another solid episode. Gotta say, I’ve been enjoying the Crosshair centric episodes the most this season

Looks like Crosshair is finally coming around. Was so happy to have him take out that Imperial lieutenant jackass

"Lieutenant..."

euVlqsx.gif

Crosshair episodes are out here hitting dingers with every at-bat. Which is fair... because he never misses.

How many episodes are there altogether this season?

A shoutout to this show's score being in top form. Some parts of last night's episode really killed it, but that's not out yet so...

I find it funny how Crosshair is a great mustache-twirling villain to start with and also is given the most nuanced and thoughtful writing on this show. The Solitary Clone and The Outpost are some absolute top tier Star Wars material.

A couple of visual parallels I noticed in this newest episode to The Clone Wars finale. The arranged helmets of the fallen Clone Troopers being reminiscent of the helmets on the mass grave Ashoka makes. The TK Trooper helmet in the snow bringing to mind the very last shot of The Clone Wars.

Also, from what little I know, how all of the Clones are being treated after the war is over gives me strong vibes of soldiers treatment during and at the end of the Vietnam War. Thanklessly participating in a war that should never have been in the first place, and being thrown out and ridiculed like disposable trash. I mean, obviously, the soldiers in our real life did a lot of really horrible atrocities, but the parallel is still there.

It just goes to show that, no matter what form they take, whether it be Clone Trooper, TK Trooper or Stormtrooper, they’re all ultimately just tools in the Emperor’s schemes to achieve his plans/goals and maintain power/control. The more we see of this period of Star Wars, the more I hate and am sickened by the Empire and the Emperor.

Another solid episode. Gotta say, I’ve been enjoying the Crosshair centric episodes the most this season

Looks like Crosshair is finally coming around. Was so happy to have him take out that Imperial lieutenant jackass
I’ve enjoyed the whole show so far but the Crosshair episodes are always that extra level up.

Aww, Omega made a friend. Pabu is a neat looking place, if maybe not the best adpated for the environment. Tech is going to find himself married to Phee and not know how it happened.

I am curious at what will cause them to go back out in the galaxy again.

Yeah, I now want to live on Pabu
If a tidal wave gets me? Eh, worse ways to go I guess

But yeah, living on a tiny island in a highly active seismic area was probably not the best idea ever

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"