Shazam Shazam General Discussion and Speculation - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people still use the term "DCEU" when none of the actual people in charge call it that? Even the producer in the EW article about Shazam called it DCU.

DiXvDeIUYAEFVzE.jpg
Oh great... Public property damage. :o

#Notmuh

I guess my main point here is that I will struggle to get behind a Matt Reeves Batman movie, where the character will be merchandised, and a publically accepted figure that people love, with enough fans to justify action figures.
There are spoof toys of jimmy Savile, there are toys of Michael Jackson (claimed to be a Paedophile), there are toys of Hitler.

What can't there be Toys of Batman within the DCEU?

Why do people still use the term "DCEU" when none of the actual people in charge call it that? Even the producer in the EW article about Shazam called it DCU.

It just sticks, I guess, kind of like how 'DCCW' is sometimes used in lieu of referring to it as the Arrowverse. The people at the top not using it doesn't mean the fans will suddenly stop.

His look is just...perfection.

I love the bit about how they plan to have fun with the name "Captain Marvel" in the film.

It's been mentioned in the movie (BvS) that Batman was active for many years (10 years ? or 15 years ?) before Black Zero event occurred, Batman gradually became more violent, Cynical, jaded after death of Robin, Zod's attack on Metropolis and Black Zero event.

We know that he was not as unhinged before that (hinted by Alfred's dialogue), so it's not farfetched that existence of Batman is not a secret and some stories of his 'heroism' were reported. Of course, I'm assuming all this based on what was hinted at in BvS, SS and JL.

This. It's very clear that Batman's actions have been reported, and while people may not know everything about Batman, they pretty much know that he exists.

He's an urban legend because he's an urban...legend. He tools around in a supersonic jet and a tank car. It's only logical.

There are spoof toys of jimmy Savile, there are toys of Michael Jackson (claimed to be a Paedophile), there are toys of Hitler.

I can understand toys of Michael Jackson, because there were action figures of him from his early days from Thriller or Bad etc. And I can see having Hitler in a collection of WWII figures or toy soldiers, because you might need a baddie, just like you might have a Red Skull figure.

But why would anyone want one of Jimmy Saville of all people?

Are you telling me some people will see this in there local cinema listening and think it’s a film about the creation of the Shazam app? :funny:

There used to be an ATM network called Shazam, maybe that's it

Lol the last pages. Good laugh over toys. Hell fire when Shazam! say he likes Batman more than Superman or Wonder Woman cause he's cooler than both.

I love it. The color and texture are both aces.

Oh great... Public property damage. :o

#Notmuh

Hahaha

Jenny, headlines, "creepy muppet knocked construction, causing the whole building to collapse, 2000 people dead. End of the love affair with Superheroes?"

Merch of heroes and villains exist even in the comics. Just enjoy a cbm for what it is.

He looks great there:ilv:

DC has been on point in the costumes department for the most part.

Last edited:
The boots on display at SDCC are different than the ones in that picture that was released a week or so ago. WHICH BOOTS ARE THE REAL ONES? I need to know.

The boots on display at SDCC are different than the ones in that picture that was released a week or so ago. WHICH BOOTS ARE THE REAL ONES? I need to know.

The boots on display at SDCC are the boots Levi was wearing on location, as it was cold and wet out there in month of Feb in Toronto.

I think the boots in the promo picture would be the ones seen in the movie, which are designed inspired by Greek-Egyptian boots.

Ah okay, that makes sense. It's weird though that they don't have the real boots on display at SDCC though.

It's picky but i wish the art team made new batman figures, for that work and didn't make him as heroic. Seeign action toys i have, knowing what they were intended for with DC stamped not hire inner thigh, turns me off.

Superman for sure should be like an Elvis figure - statues, models, t shirts - but the licensing shouldn't really exist as its well, an alien walking earth.
Batman, he's a killer, or at least persumed to be, stalking the night skies.

As a one off, i would have had Macfarlane create figures based from witness testimonies of the batman, obviously superman is more exposed and cell phone footage. It just felt lazy seeing a dc licensed mos cap next to a dc licensed old school superman logo, i'm sure people can appreciate that.

This is exhausting, y'all.

It's picky but i wish the art team made new batman figures, for that work and didn't make him as heroic. Seeign action toys i have, knowing what they were intended for with DC stamped not hire inner thigh, turns me off.

Superman for sure should be like an Elvis figure - statues, models, t shirts - but the licensing shouldn't really exist as its well, an alien walking earth.
Batman, he's a killer, or at least persumed to be, stalking the night skies.

As a one off, i would have had Macfarlane create figures based from witness testimonies of the batman, obviously superman is more exposed and cell phone footage. It just felt lazy seeing a dc licensed mos cap next to a dc licensed old school superman logo, i'm sure people can appreciate that.

Well it's not like people in this universe don't know what Batman looks like post Justice League.

Maybe they're Mexican knock off figures. Those almost never look sinister.

$

His shoulder and arms are a bit too padded but other than that he looks great. He's more fun and expressive than Snyder's Superman that's for sure. It could be another time in history where Shazam steals the spotlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"