SHHFFL Season XI...

Themanofbat

Never Mind the Buttocks...
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Once again, I'm setting up Season XI of the Super Hero Hype Fantasy Football League. (seeing as I set up Season V,VI, VII, VIII, IX & X, that's good enough for me :yay: )

I have sent out invitations to last years players (I think... let me know if you didn't get the invite), so it should fill up @ about 80%... seeing as there has been good rivalries over the past 8 years. However, in about a week's time, if they haven't signed up, I'll give out the league info to whoever wants to play in an order that will follow this post.

And please, if you're going to sign up, play your players throughout the season. We've had problems in the past with players not being serious enough to play their players. So if you don't think you're committed to playing, please let someone else to join.

Thanks.

Any suggestions/changes to the rules are welcomed.

These are the players registered so far... in bold

(16 teams... 2 divisions)

Timely Division

1. The Pickled Peppers - Themanofbat
2. House Hush - Hush
3. Cruz-ing to Victory - WalkingDeadMike
4. SF's Backstabbers - Spider-Fan
5. Heavily-Armed Lemurs - bored
6. New York Spiders - NewYorkSpider
7. Matt's Man-Spiders - Matt
8. HawkPride - Phaedrus45

National Division

1. One Man Wolfpack - steintym
2. The Butterflies - El Asenino
3. Regulators - Kaleb
4. The Marauders - Malice
5. Donut's Team - Donut
6. W'sOrNothing - wiegeabo
7. Mindless Minions - Mee
8. Coastal Camel Toes - ComicChick

Once you've registered, please post your team name so I know who's who. If you can, try and keep the same team name... because I just love consistency.

:yay:

Last edited:
Commish,

I know there was some talk about this last year and some support for it and you said we would discuss it in the offseason.

Out of curiosity, why do we allow a banned member to remain in the league? I ask not out of bitterness over Alex's win (joking aside, congrats, kid) but rather genuine curiosity. This is supposed to be a league for SHH members and getting into this league is already competitive enough (we have a waiting list). Why reserve a spot for someone who is no longer a part of the Hype when it can go to someone who is actually part of this community and can participate in a full capacity (ie, post, trash talk and bull **** with us in this thread)? I think it is something we should at least talk about if not vote on over the offseason (after we sort out the mess that is our QB scoring system! :argh:)

Also, will we be fixing the QB scoring? It is insane that last year Matt Stafford was putting up 400 yard games and getting 10 points because he didn't throw TDs. Meanwhile, other QBs could throw for 150 yards, but get a few redzone TDs and have 25 + points. Can we please do something about this?

Some valid points Matt...

Any ideas on how to manipulate the QB scoring system?

I will wait to see the general consensus...

Discuss.

Last edited:
I would like to apologize for the "lack" of off-season discussion... I'm expecting my 3rd child in 2 1/2 months (my 2nd with TheWifeofBat), and it hasn't been an easy ride thus far...

I would like to join up again if there's spots available. I played 2 seasons of SHHFFL i believe in 08 and 09? However, if there's a waiting list, I can wait until there's an opening.

Last edited:
With the QB thing, reward players who pass for over 200 or 300 yards. I've been in leagues that do that.

Last edited:
If anyone has any discussion in regards to Matt's first post, please bring them up for debate...

I understand both sides of the fence, but I'm not going to make any big decisions unless I hear from a good portion of my managers...

I know it's only been a few days, but it would be nice for this thread to be somewhat livelier...

Yeah! Let's get the convo going guys!

I just think it is silly to have the Superhero Hype Fantasy Football League and then have members who aren't posters on Superhero Hype. I get that Alex was a poster here, but the fact is, his own stupidity cost him those privileges. The kid went out on top, it is time to cut him loose and free up spots for people who can fully participate in the league (and being a board member and being able to BS in thread is a part of participating in the league)

Well if there is ever a spot open just send me a PM

I made some slight changes to the scoring... with some more points being awarded after 250 yard and 400 yards, and the RB's will get a point for every 10 yards instead of the usual 20... the argument I keep hearing is that it's tougher to run for 20 yards than it is to catch a ball for 20 yards...

These can be changed, tell me what you think...

I also set the draft date on August 18th... it was that or August 25th... you guys tell me what you prefer...

I just think it is silly to have the Superhero Hype Fantasy Football League and then have members who aren't posters on Superhero Hype. I get that Alex was a poster here, but the fact is, his own stupidity cost him those privileges. The kid went out on top, it is time to cut him loose and free up spots for people who can fully participate in the league (and being a board member and being able to BS in thread is a part of participating in the league)

How in the hell do you have almost double the posts I have, yet I've been here longer than you? :huh: :cwink:

I totally get what you're saying... in fact, if all the teams return this year, we'd have to dump 2 of them... Alex & Poeman... both of whom were banned for the 10 infractions... and Poeman just being banned only a short time ago... but it is a SHH Football League, and we should all be able to come in hear and trash talk. It's a completely valid point.

BUT... (and I'm not saying the following as a rebuttal... I'm speaking genuinely as the Commissioner as well as on my own behalf as a person)... both of these guys play their teams and players... and ultimately, I like the continuity & consistency of this league as it enters its 11th season, the last 7 of which I've run...Daisy one time (season III), and Malice in the other 3... and there's a couple of isues at hand... do I have to take the time to check 15 SHH player status account every time I create a new season? It's not like I can come here willy nilly and make sure everyone is still on board, and if I kick people out (and I have) will the people who are so eager to join NOW have that same enthusiasm in Week 13 when they are 2-10? As the Commissioner, I want this League filled ASAP and the less hassle it is for me to get new players, the better. If I were turning 26 this year, and had no babies in my life, maybe it wouldn't be a big deal... but I'm turning 46... TSoB is about to hit 15 (I know, right?), TSoB II is 2 1/2, and TDoB will be born somewhere in the early stages of this season, and I have to consider my time in regards to "managing" this League, which is a tad more difficult then one would think...

Maybe it's time for me to retire... I dunno...

I also have to take into account personal feelings in regards of managers who are in this league in regards to the managers that have been banned... that's pretty self-explanatory, and I'm not getting into it. There have been issues in the past between players, and while I'm not fond of it, I'm not gonna jump into the fray like a playground watchdog... the Commish salary isn't enough for me to break up fights...

In any event, I would gladly welcome other people's opinions on this subject...

Discuss.

Please.

I want in if there's an open spot.

Was ambivalent about it, but Matt's got a point here. Let other people who are active Hypesters have a chance to play.

I'd love a spot if one be open.

While I've never been banned, I will say all this "active hype member" stuff basically makes me think I'm pretty much unwelcome (I know that's not your feeling TMOB, but I think you're in the minority) since I don't post here anymore, and last year didn't really participate in the BS and whatnot in the thread (I, personally, don't find that to be a big part of it - I just play my team).

I was kind of on the fence about continuing this year (and was last year as well), but considering the sentiment that folks want this to be a "Hype! League" and the fact that I'm really not a Hypester anymore (and certainly not an active one), I'm gonna bow out.

Good luck with the league.

While I've never been banned, I will say all this "active hype member" stuff basically makes me think I'm pretty much unwelcome (I know that's not your feeling TMOB, but I think you're in the minority) since I don't post here anymore, and last year didn't really participate in the BS and whatnot in the thread (I, personally, don't find that to be a big part of it - I just play my team).

I was kind of on the fence about continuing this year (and was last year as well), but considering the sentiment that folks want this to be a "Hype! League" and the fact that I'm really not a Hypester anymore (and certainly not an active one), I'm gonna bow out.

Good luck with the league.

Daisy,

You've been an original franchise for 10 years, and you've drafted well, and more importantly, you've played your teams. I know the last few seasons have been reluctant on your part... probably largely in part to the unceremonious departure from the SHH inner circle. I'm sure you has always resigned because I was able to sweet talk you back (thanks for listening :yay: ), but it saddens me to just simply accept your resignation in the league.

As I've mentioned before, it's tumultuous time for me to be the Commish, so rather than fight with everyone on stuff, I'm going to simply accept your wishes.

You still have my email address, so please keep in touch... I know I've been very bad with it, but I will try to maintain the relations... maybe I'll send you some pics of the latest acquisitions. (as well as the one from 2 years ago) :yay:

I got your PM... thanks... as we're all heading towards the big FIVE-OH, nothing about life is easy, but hey... what's life without challenge... especially when the little ones are so rewarding (so they keep telling me... lol :cwink: )

Take care... and thanks. :up:

Mike

I iz back officially :)

Do any of you know a place where I can host a Dynasty League for free? I have some friends who asked me to start one since I'm apparently the only person we know who can run these things... but the few places I find that does Dynasty comes with a cost. We'd likely only put $10-$20 in each and would rather stretch that out instead of half of it going to the site.

Can anyone get ahold of Malice, ComicChick, and Kalel114?

Thanks.

The Facebook page has alot of the peeps you are looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"