Across the Spider-Verse Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse News and General Discussion

I just came back from a second screening and the theater was packed no way home style for Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse. Looks like this film is going to be a box office juggernaut.

Just watched it....and it was hard...mainly because there was an entire row of annoying rowdy teens who acted like they didn't know how to keep quiet for more than a second.

But apart from that..loved the movie! The ending definitely is ballsy but really fun. Nice that Spider-Gwen got more focus and her origin story told.

All the various Spideys showing up and cameoing always fun, esp when we know of them.

Given how big this movie is....shouldnt it have its own dedicated forum instead of just a casual post?

Disclaimer: I'm one of the few people that did not like Into the Spider-Verse... like, I don't wanna throw the word "hate" around, but it was pretty f'n terrible. Had ZERO interest in this one.

But, a buddy of mine had free tickets, and my wife and kids were out of town, so I figured "what the heck"...

Ho. Ly. Crap. Complete opposite reaction from the first one... I friggin LOVED this movie!! Pretty sure I was like this the whole time:

amazed-shock.gif

I have no other words. Bravo!

(Watching the first one again today, hoping my mind changes on it)

9.5/10

50+ Friday back on the table, should get some official estimates soon.

It's shocking haha but everybody is entitled to their opinion. for me, Spider-Man 2 is the most pure Spider-Man story put to film. It contains everything that makes that character so compelling and relatable. If someone was to ask me which Spider-Man film to watch to understand the character, I'd easily say Spider-Man 2. The first film too of course, for the origins and all that great stuff, but Spider-Man 2 displays what separates that character from other comic book characters. It's a Peter Parker story through and through and it doesn't get more pure than that movie. There's nothing complicated, there's no multiversal story or baggage of other heroes, it's simply Peter Parkers story told in a respectful way. It also has a fantastic score, beautiful cinematography, incredible action set pieces, and impressive use of practical fx, stunt work, and cgi that still holds up to this day.

I'd still put Spider-Man 2 as the best Spidey film for these reasons.

I will say that I think the Spider-Verse series will likely end up being the best Spidey film trilogy/overall series.

I'd still put Spider-Man 2 as the best Spidey film for these reasons.

I will say that I think the Spider-Verse series will likely end up being the best Spidey film trilogy/overall series.

Spider-Man 2 still stands tall as a shining beacon of excellence storytelling and impressive build up for a sequel. While I enjoy the Spider-Verse and the exploration of Miles story. Spider-Man 2 shows what it means to be Spider-Man and the sacrifice it takes.

Not only that but how did Sony beat the MCU in the multiverse game. They're doing such a better job at it.
Because MCU can’t decide how it wants to kick off its multiverse. I thought it would be Loki but then it was also in NWH. Then Multiverse of Madness barely acknowledged NWH. And then you have Morbius and Venom. There’s no clear definition.

Not only that but how did Sony beat the MCU in the multiverse game. They're doing such a better job at it.

It helps that they are only focusing on their fellow Spiders and arent spreading it out between all these different movies/shows that are supposed to tie in together.

This movie was so fantastic, two days later I'm still thinking about it and reliving the experience while listening to the score.

I just have ONE gripe with the film and its not even really a gripe, its just something I personally was a tiny bit underwhelmed by and I wonder if anyone else felt this way:

the cliffhanger ending. Idk, knowing that the movie was gonna end on a cliffhanger I kept bracing myself and waiting for a mind blowing twist that this movie was going to leave us hanging with and ...i dunno i wasnt blown away with Miles being trapped on an alternate earth with an evil version of himself. Maybe its because we've had so many multiverse stories lately but I kind of felt like "oh, eh, we've seen this plot before. The hero trapped on a world thats identical to their own but different." I think the BOLDER more shocking choice would have been Miles getting back to HIS world but HIS world is now different because of his tampering with the timelines. His dad is dead, his uncle is alive and an alternate version of himself has taken his place. And then the NEXT movie is about Miles trying to figure out if he can fix his reality. But anyway, thats just me.

Last edited:
This movie was so fantastic, two days later I'm still thinking about it and reliving the experience while listening to the score.

I just have ONE gripe with the film and its not even really a gripe, its just something I personally was a tiny bit underwhelmed by and I wonder if anyone else felt this way:

the cliffhanger ending. Idk, knowing that the movie was gonna end on a cliffhanger I kept bracing myself and waiting for a mind blowing twist that this movie was going to leave us hanging with and ...i dunno i wasnt blown away with Miles being trapped on an alternate earth with an evil version of himself. Maybe its because we've had so many multiverse stories lately but I kind of felt like "oh, eh, we've seen this plot before. The hero trapped on a world thats identical to their own but different." I think the BOLDER more shocking choice would have been Miles getting back to HIS world but HIS world is now different because of his tampering with the timelines. His dad is dead, his uncle is above and an alternate version of himself has taken his place. And then the NEXT movie is about Miles trying to figure out if he can fix his reality. But anyway, thats just me.
Agreed, same for me, except I didn’t know ahead of time. Your version sounds really good. :up:

Regarding the ending:

Did Miles lose his powers in Earth 42 or did I completely misinterpret that?

Yah those were the expectations when it was expected to play more like an animated feature. But so far it seems to be performing more like an MCU entry. Let’s hope it holds up today! Update from deadline:

Box Office: ‘Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse’ Super $16M Thursday – Deadline
Yeah, that’s great to see. If it can perform more like live action MCU films it will be very promising and open up even bigger possibilities for the final film and later superhero animated films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"