Far From Home Spider-Man: Far From Home General Discussion and Speculation - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speculation based on the fact Fury is in the movie. I don't think just using Fury in a movie means his spy parents will get any mention. But we will see.

I think people are overreacting. Marvel is not going to rehash the parents/secret agent storyline.

I think that the damage can be undone a bit. They should have an open scene in FAR FROM HOME with an attack on Peter 's High School, with both this fake "MJ" and the annoying Ned Leeds get killed! It won't solve all of this franchise problems, but will solvea at least a few of them... :sym:

So once again... Peter is in Germany for the airport battle and then comes back with the new suit in HC... But then TWO YEARS pass as stated by Falcon so Peter is older when FFH begins, which for a long time now we assumed FFH would begin after the end of A4.

If there is time travel avengers 4 could finsish at any time.

If this is true they really scrapping at the bottom of the barrel or is Sony actually trying to make spinoffs of every spidey character that every popular one is off limits?

So... Marvel shouldn't have included the Hulk in any capacity given that the Ang Lee film was a dud? They shouldn't have Doom in any FF films because the previous outings of the character in live action weren't up to snuff? No Bullseye in the next season of Daredevil because Farrell's version was so dumb?

That's not to say they HAVE TOO make a story with the Parkers as an element either but I don't get that just because some don't like TASM1&2 that you can't touch on the Parkers especially since the TASM films didn't even actually resemble the actual story from the comics.

To say it is highly unlikely we'll be getting another parents subplot is putting it mildly, dude. I HIGHLY doubt Feige and Sony would want to include it. It was almost universally derided, and it's a different situation from the other examples you cited. Hulk, Doom, and Bullseye are pivotal characters in the mythos, Richard and Mary Parker are not.

Last edited:
Yeah, I am kind of wondering if the water is more something Mysterio caused (like tipping over a water tower) or an illusion of his. Although, it's fun to speculate.

Remy Hill could easily be Mr. Negative or The Spot too? :shrug:

Bit offtopic but there's an episode of Spider-Man TAS with Hydro-Man that had beautiful animation. It was one of a few that had a different, better animation, than most episodes (one was the pilot, and another one was Enter the Green Goblin).

Didn't the supposed concept art feature a fight between Spider-Man and Hydro Man in Venice? This pretty much confirms it was real

Didn't the supposed concept art feature a fight between Spider-Man and Hydro Man in Venice? This pretty much confirms it was real

I vaguely remember seeing something about this but I wasn't paying much attention, where was this supposed concept art shown?

No. F***ing. Way....

It could be an illusion from Mysterio but.....that leak did say Venice with Hydro-Man.
While plot details regarding what the hero will be getting up to overseas remain under lock and key, rumor has it that Disney and Marvel Studios have been showing off concept art depicting Spidey swinging through various European cities, including Venice, Prague and London. What’s even more interesting though is that the Venice portion apparently shows him doing battle with Hydro-Man.
http://****************.com/movies/will-hydro-man-making-appearance-spider-man-far-home/

Last edited:
It makes sense Remy Hii is going to be hydro man because he certainly gets me wet

With saliva because I’m anticipating the movie so much

Oh, snap! The dots do seem to line up with Hydro-Man. I remember reading that but not really caring much at the time or if I was sure I believed it. Having him show up in Venice is pretty much the best place you could have him in a movie with his powers. Honestly his intro could be like his appearance in that Fantastic Four issue with Spidey where Spidey and Johnny are at a water park and he's working at the place and he thinks they're there to get him so he causes a scene lol. He could be a gondola driver.

Hydro-Man... or Namor pranking poor Peter? Maybe that's who Remy Hii is playing! :o

If this is true they really scrapping at the bottom of the barrel or is Sony actually trying to make spinoffs of every spidey character that every popular one is off limits?
I'm not sure how using Hydro-Man as a side villain is scraping at the bottom of the barrel. Who should they have used, Doc Ock? :hehe:

I can't believe we could potentially be seeing Hydro-Man in a Spider-Man movie! I mean he's not the smartest or best known villain, but he can be visually stunning if done correctly. Plus, he can be the muscles to Mysterio's brains.

I am curious how they're gonna explain his powers though. Probably not at all. His origin is not as grounded as all the other MCU villains' backstory. I've got two approaches that could fit:

1. Similar to how they used the Chitauri tech to explain the Vulture's wings, they could use some quantum tech freak accident (cliche I know), that modified Morris Bench's cells on a molecular basis.

2. Morris is Mysterio's partner in crime or henchman. All of his water based powers are actually illusions produced by Mysterio, which would be revealed as a twist at some point.

Hydro-Man... or Namor pranking poor Peter? Maybe that's who Remy Hii is playing! :o

I'm not sure how using Hydro-Man as a side villain is scraping at the bottom of the barrel. Who should they have used, Doc Ock? :hehe:

No. Hydro man always felt like a sandman clone. I’d rather have him tbh.

Agreed, while Hydro-Man could have some visually cool looking scenes, I think Sandman would've been better since they do seem to be leading to a Sinister Six team up.

Hydro-Man may be in the Sinister Six in this version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"