Spider-Man (PS4) - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure he'll only say it the first time you pass those places.

I think I remember Insomniac stating at E3 that they didn't want Spider-Man's lines to get repetitive and annoying, I could be wrong though.

Yeah I believe they said that. I'm having flashbacks of the awful Sam Riegel lines... ugh

But I think in the first movie game trilogy the quips were actually pretty well handled.

Yeah I believe they said that. I'm having flashbacks of the awful Sam Riegel lines... ugh

But I think in the first movie game trilogy the quips were actually pretty well handled.

Yeah I can agree with both statements here. Sam's were.....yeah....

"Sometimes I'm awesome, but sometimes I'm extra awesome!"
shivers.gif

Pretty sure he'll only say it the first time you pass those places.

I think I remember Insomniac stating at E3 that they didn't want Spider-Man's lines to get repetitive and annoying, I could be wrong though.
Glitches can happen.

It helped that Treyarch quips weren't repeated in every combat mission, and on the streets, and so on.
Ultimate Spider-Man has repetition of lines, but how sparingly it happened helps make it less annoying, and I think I played that game well over 20 times through the years.

Yeah I can agree with both statements here. Sam's were.....yeah....

"Sometimes I'm awesome, but sometimes I'm extra awesome!"
"Would you like to be my arch enemy? PSYCHE"
There is no pause between them.

Glitches can happen.

shoulder-shrug-gif-4.gif

"Would you like to be my arch enemy? PSYCHE"
There is no pause between them.

I never really understood the inclusion of the "Stop smiling at me!!" quip when he's fighting bad guys. Made Spider-Man sound like he had some anger issues.

I'm glad Insomniac are working on this since the Rachet and Clank games are pretty funny, don't think there's a chance he'll be worse than the TASM games.

Thanks for the load down. Here's the VOD of the live stream it's self for those that missed it.

[YT]xSu6nfGIdmc[/YT]

Insomniac Live - Spider-Man Trailer Rewind Q&A

1.7K views9 hours ago

Published on 3 Nov 2017

We hosted a Spider-Man Paris Games Week Trailer Rewind Q&A with creative director Bryan Intihar, art director Jacinda Chew, and senior writer Jon Paquette! Q&A starts at 6:04

source: Insomniac Games
Do they reveal anything new and interesting? I haven't had time to watch this yet.

Do they reveal anything new and interesting? I haven't had time to watch this yet.

I posted this on the last page:

-Bryan hinted we may recognize Peter's landlord. (I'm thinking Stan Lee)

-There are tons of suits in the game. The team looked at many fan favorite lists and forums for ideas. Some suits are "an unexpected inclusion".

-The white spider on the default suit has a narrative meaning.

-Peter gets evicted at one point and it affects gameplay. One way Peter and Spider-Man's lives clash in this game.

-NYC is an "epically massive" map because Spidey moves so fast. Bryan also said the team has been adding more "classic poses" and animations to Spidey's traversal as well as increasing his swing speed since D23.

-MJ is a reporter to put her in situations WITH Spider-Man. The idea was to make her playable so that we can get a better sense of how powerful Spidey is in relation.

-Bryan hinted at an upgrade system, but said Spidey will have progression.

-Peter's bracelets he wears are webshooters! He wears them in public. They are like modified fit bits, designed by a real-world product designer to seem plausible.

-The photographs in Peter's apartment are in fact of: Aunt May and Uncle Ben; and Peter, MJ, and Harry. (This one they specifically said is from high school)

-There are several "Marvel landmarks" in the city and Spidey will remark/comment on them when he passes by.

-Peter was designed with a "boy-next-door" look

-They "aren't even close to done" revealing villains.

Didn't think I could get more excited, but that live stream did it. EEEK..

Bryan also said the team has been adding more "classic poses" and animations to Spidey's traversal as well as increasing his swing speed since D23.
Thank goodness.
I'm glad to know they're not stubborn and recognized that the web-swing wasn't ideal and needed improvement. Seriously, that is the main priority to me.

Do you guys think Screwball could show up in this game? Given the early emphasis they put on traversal and parkour she's a villain tailor made for those parkour sequences we've seen. Could be a side mission, her broadcasts are going on and Spider-Man shows up.

Do you guys think Screwball could show up in this game? Given the early emphasis they put on traversal and parkour she's a villain tailor made for those parkour sequences we've seen. Could be a side mission, her broadcasts are going on and Spider-Man shows up.

Anything's possible, Insomniac aims to give us both familiar and obscure elements from the comics, which I think extends to characters

This game is nominated for the most anticipated category in the game awards show. It got my vote (although TLOU2 and RDR2 are exciting picks too).

This game is nominated for the most anticipated category in the game awards show. It got my vote (although TLOU2 and RDR2 are exciting picks too).

I've been waiting 7 long years for a Red Dead Redemption follow up and I still voted for Spider-Man because I've waited even longer for a good Spider-Man game made by a triple A company that has freedom.

Very tough to pick one though, like picking a favourite child. :hehe:

Last edited:
Just brought a Pro and I already preordered the game so I’m almost ready. I just need too buy a 4K tv hopefully on Black Friday or next month. I just started a new job at Costco.

Just brought a Pro and I already preordered the game so I’m almost ready. I just need too buy a 4K tv hopefully on Black Friday or next month. I just started a new job at Costco.

Nice. You're way ahead of me, haha.

Only benefit to no release date is that I still have time to get all of that, too.

Your life will change with that 4K TV. Headed to Sony's PSX in Anaheim, CA, never been but Insomniac should be there.

Your life will change with that 4K TV. Headed to Sony's PSX in Anaheim, CA, never been but Insomniac should be there.

Have fun! Maybe they'll finally let people play Spider-Man at this event. Perhaps the E3 demo.

The idea is tempting to have, but I think she would serve the potential sequel more.

I'm beyond hyped for this game. The E3 demo just blew me away when it came out and everything since has just gotten better and better. Honestly one of my favorite things so far is how much focus we've seen on Peter Parker, outside of the suit. I think it's really going to make it stand out from a lot of other superhero games that almost only focus on the crimefighting. Not gonna lie, I'm really excited we're getting to play as MJ in certain sections too.

As someone who doesn't like the current direction of the movies or comics, can I just say how good it feels to be excited for something Spidey again. :yay:

I like Homecoming to an extent, but I have to admit that I'm more excited for this game. It just feels more faithful to the comics but it still has it's own identity which I have to applaud Insomniac for. Spider-Man made his suit and his gadgets and his cast of characters are actually his cast of characters and not new characters given comic names.

I'm not too thrilled with Miles being in the game especially when it seems Marvel forced him in since Insomniac stated in their recent Q&A that he wasn't in the game originally, but I'll remain optimistic that Insomniac will make him work.

It feels like Insomniac aren't trying to re-invent Spider-Man like Homecoming tried to do (what I mean by that is turning the classic Spider-Man suit into an Iron-Man suit made by Stark that can do almost bloody anything and his school cast names given to original characters and their utter refusal to even mention Uncle Ben by name once). They're just making a faithful Spider-Man game with some small twists on it to keep it fresh (white spider, MJ being a reporter for the Bugle and Norman Osborn being Mayor leaving presumably Harry running Oscorp which I can totally see these characters having these jobs). Really impressed so far. Fingers crossed we see some more gameplay soon.

Last edited:
I hope they'd never go with the Arkham Knight movie of publicly revealing Spider-Man's identity.

I like Homecoming to an extent, but I have to admit that I'm more excited for this game. It just feels more faithful to the comics but it still has it's own identity which I have to applaud Insomniac for. Spider-Man made his suit and his gadgets and his cast of characters are actually his cast of characters and not new characters given comic names.

I'm not too thrilled with Miles being in the game especially when it seems Marvel forced him in since Insomniac stated in their recent Q&A that he wasn't in the game originally, but I'll remain optimistic that Insomniac will make him work.

It feels like Insomniac aren't trying to re-invent Spider-Man like Homecoming tried to do (what I mean by that is turning the classic Spider-Man suit into an Iron-Man suit made by Stark that can do almost bloody anything and his school cast names given to original characters and their utter refusal to even mention Uncle Ben by name once). They're just making a faithful Spider-Man game with some small twists on it to keep it fresh (white spider, MJ being a reporter for the Bugle and Norman Osborn being Mayor leaving presumably Harry running Oscorp which I can totally see these characters having these jobs). Really impressed so far. Fingers crossed we see some more gameplay soon.

I am still not a fan of this idea. I'd rather they have just put Betty Brant in that role if they needed a female reporter love interest.

I am still not a fan of this idea. I'd rather they have just put Betty Brant in that role if they needed a female reporter love interest.

Is Betty Brant really such an interesting character that she couldn't be substituted by a new depiction of MJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"