Spider-Man (PS4) - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the Daily Bugle, yea Osborn is definitely the main villain and I couldn't be happier. When was the last time that was the case, Spider-Man the movie game in 2002? Also it seems like Black Cat is in the game, possible as a side mission.

This reminds me of Mayor Jameson and his Anti-Spider-Man Squad. It's a wonder he still doesn't register as a villain.

So good seeing all those villains together.

Game looks hard. Hopefully, there is an easy mode and they teach you every move Spider-Man makes.

Game looks hard. Hopefully, there is an easy mode and they teach you every move Spider-Man makes.
Doesn't look nearly as hard as any of those Treyarch movie tie-in games, so that's merciful.

Imagine having to web-zip to avoid the giant electric bubble from that failed Doc Ock experiment in Spider-Man 2 making a return here, you have to web-zip and more often than not you get hit by the bubble preventing you from reaching the next switch, and more times than not the web-zip refuses to work.
That mission is ruthless.

So good seeing all those villains together.
-Agreed, it's been so long since I've seen something like that, also gotta say, I LOVE Scorpion's look and Vulture's.

-I saw the freeroam after the Sony stream and it looks great, I'm crazy-excited about this.

-I'm hoping for at least a Brock cameo since there's so much stuff from around the time he became Anti-Venom

-I'm really digging how much Yuri Watanabe is gonna be in this. I liked her in the books, and even if she doesn't become Wraith in this, it'd be nice to have a consistent supporting cast throughout this game series.

-Agreed, it's been so long since I've seen something like that, also gotta say, I LOVE Scorpion's look and Vulture's.

-I saw the freeroam after the Sony stream and it looks great, I'm crazy-excited about this.

-I'm hoping for at least a Brock cameo since there's so much stuff from around the time he became Anti-Venom

-I'm really digging how much Yuri Watanabe is gonna be in this. I liked her in the books, and even if she doesn't become Wraith in this, it'd be nice to have a consistent supporting cast throughout this game series.

I hope we see Brock too. Would make sense with a film coming out.

Yeah, cool to see Yuri and would be good to see more of his persistent supporting cast.

I'm going to guess that the mystery villain is either Green Goblin or Doc Ock (to complete the Sinister Six).

Checked several videos (a few playfloor videos were uploaded) and the swinging looks cool but it's still not what I wanted: the webline has no collisions. It slides through stuff like lamp posts or clips through buildings when you go a sharp corner (where it should bend the webline and make you crash into the wall). I also swear I saw Spidey himself clipping through a street sign.

Can't have it all... anyways, looks like a big step up from past games in terms of swinging. Can't wait, already got the deluxe edition pre-ordered on PSN.

Wow. ****ing. Wow.

Loved every second of that. The after event demo...everything. The villain designs are literally perfect. Every single one is my new favorite look, I think. Playing this game with the classic suit will make me weep.

I also think Norman is obviously our villain but...

Daily Bugle issue 1: is this a digital version of the free handout they're having tomorrow?

Come on, there's no way Norman isn't the main villain. Read this ****! Norman is up for 3rd term as mayor, wants to bring an end to the Spider-menace...

https://www.playstation.com/en-au/games/marvels-spider-man-ps4/daily-bugle-issue-1/

^^^this confirms my theory. Mr. Negative said "He said not to kill him" and Norman's campaign is about how Spider-man is a menace. That alongside the little hints from Game Informer that the city's perception of Spider-man changes over time was the nail in the coffin.

Mr Negative is going to corrupt Spider-Man and he will do Green Goblin's bidding while Norman Osborn runs an anti-Spider-Man campaign across the city. MJ and Miles will help Peter come back to form and the rest of the game is putting all the villains back in the Raft, clearing your name, and taking down Osborn.

And it will be a dream come true.

Thanks Insomniac :up:

Yeah, I loved the clip from E3. Can't wait to own the game.

I'm going to guess that the mystery villain is either Green Goblin or Doc Ock (to complete the Sinister Six).

I hope Ock. Not so excited about Green Goblin

I also think there might be a twist and its actually Harry as the Green Goblin, with Norman as red herring and Harry being in Europe is just a lie

Some recordings from the playable demos at E3

[YT]O42md_HtuOc[/YT]

[YT]KVOOKKOhNuw[/YT]

The first one proves that events such as car chases and police shootouts are seamless from the open world and require no loading screen or activation of any sort.

The second one is the Shocker fight. Which looks fun. Very simple but probably a side quest.

Game looks ridiculously epic. And looks Gobby's about to make his big entrance. Excited :woot:

[YT]mBDHtL4u2jE[/YT]

Another video that climbs to the top of the Empire State and shows off Avenger's Tower.

Some recordings from the playable demos at E3

[YT]O42md_HtuOc[/YT]

[YT]KVOOKKOhNuw[/YT]

The first one proves that events such as car chases and police shootouts are seamless from the open world and require no loading screen or activation of any sort.

The second one is the Shocker fight. Which looks fun. Very simple but probably a side quest.

Wow just :hmr: is it September 7th yet? That looks crazy good and with the rami music its like watch Spiderman 1-3 again.

Watching the first of those two videos' placed together, the hand held combat and city traversing one with Elfman's theme, literal tears.

Dear lawd, this game is going to be all consuming.

Edit: Sorry already posted.

The gameplay looks great. Can't wait to play this game. One thing I don't like is Scorpion's costume.

Edit: Sorry already posted.

The gameplay looks great. Can't wait to play this game. One thing I don't like is Scorpion's costume.

Electro's is real bad IMO, I know it's very cheesy, but I like the original look, if that could have been adapted.

His Ultimate Alliance look is one of my favorites.

hGfpQT0.png

I really dislike the high-tech jacket in this game.

Watched all the E3 footage thus far...game still looks amazing. I'm not even sure it was a question. Already preordered and ready to play! :woot:

Will the game have HDR (high dynamic range)?
Also will the game have 5.1 surround sound?

The game doesn't look hard to me. Well, it looks more like a challenge but in a good way. I don't see hard as in "it's frustrating-ly difficult"-- the kind that makes you wanna throw the controller, lol. No, this looks like a very deep system with plenty of choices to make and so that gives the player plenty of options...the game looks challenging in the same way Arkham is for players. There's definitely a learning curve and it takes time and effort to master the controls however it is rewarding to the player to accomplish. That's the general appearance that I get from watching that footage. You can clearly tell the difference between someone who has hours into the game vs someone who doesn't. I can totally appreciate that and look forward to making Spidey move with smoothness. As far as a tutorial, I would expect a general basic overview of moves but then it's up to the player to build their own experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"