The Official PS4 Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect it before next year.. They know people will double dip. I also fully expect GTA Online to hit next gen consoles.. With or without GTA V.

IF there was an option to reset/turn off or at least set to private Trophies..Would you?,I'm someone who never cared for Achievements&Trophies but am embarrassed to not have any Platinum trophies and hope no one ever sees my profile to check them out
I somehow managed to force myself through earning four platinum trophies before realizing just how pointless they are. Since then I just focus on playing and enjoying the game and I don't really "go" for any trophies much.

SpideyVille, you live at home with your brother or nephew??
No, but my mom picks up my niece and nephew from school and they stay there for a while until my brother picks them up, and they also stay over at my house during the summer and days off. Depending on the day, he'll either leave right away or stay and wait a few hours for me and his wife to get home. I've tried hiding my controller and games, but that only encourages them to dig around and look for what they want.

Bad enough, my nephew borrowed my copy of GTA IV when I started working and instead of giving it back at the end of the week like he said, he kept it for months and didn't give it back until last week.

After selling GTA V and a textbook, I now have $299 in my Paypal account which is enough to pay off my Amazon balance of $254 and have enough to put towards a game. I have Watchdogs for $45 so that works out just about right.

My wife paid off Killzone and Black Flag for my birthday two days ago. I only owe 40 on Watchdogs.. Next Gen is quickly approaching!

man. if Infamous and Destiny were both launch titles, I'd prob be right there with you guys in preordering a PS4.

Infamous comes out 3 months later so if you are going to get one for that, might as well get one at launch. That was my reasoning

After selling GTA V and a textbook, I now have $299 in my Paypal account which is enough to pay off my Amazon balance of $254 and have enough to put towards a game. I have Watchdogs for $45 so that works out just about right.
You sold GTA V already?

Probably got a good price as they seem to be out of stock in quite a few places.

Infamous comes out 3 months later so if you are going to get one for that, might as well get one at launch. That was my reasoning

except none of the launch titles really interest me, aside from Watch Dogs.

and I can't see myself spending $400 on a system for just one game.

I'm going to try to hold out until at least Dragon Age Inquisition comes out.

so I'll probably get a PS4 holiday of next year instead.

Gotya. Until today the usual places I buy from were either out of stock or charging a premium. Saw some copies go for more than the normal brand new price on ebay so there must have been some kind of demand/supply issue.

Why? Did you actually get more than you paid for the copy?
$59 on Ebay for a copy I paid $18.50 for. After shipping and Ebay fees, its about $55. Best Buy.com had a glitch in their system last month for a promo that you could get a free Rockstar game with a GTA V preorder. Thing is GTA V was one of the games you could add. I had a $25 certificate which I used to bring my order to ~37. I expected the order to be cancelled but they actually honored their mistake and let those who got in on this keep their orders. Im also getting $20 back from them as that was a part of their regular promo for game preorders. So pretty much I spent ~$37 for 2 new copies of GTA V and made $75 from that. I was contempating selling both but there was no way Id be able to get it that low if I decided to actually get it later and I didnt want to risk it being spoiled for me since everyone is playing and talking about it

and it's hard to believe that the dawn of the next gen is but a mere 2 months away.

I wonder what the early PSN deals are going to be like next gen. They just announced Far Cry 3 & SF X Tekken for PS3 which is again unreal. As PSN is going to be compulsory on a much larger part of the population, when a game goes to PSN surely nearly all PS users will be able to download it and hardly anyone will be buying that game ever again!

I wonder what the early PSN deals are going to be like next gen. They just announced Far Cry 3 & SF X Tekken for PS3 which is again unreal. As PSN is going to be compulsory on a much larger part of the population, when a game goes to PSN surely nearly all PS users will be able to download it and hardly anyone will be buying that game ever again!

Expect more DLC then.

It's crazy, and EU always gets a stronger monthly game selection than the US does, but keep in mind how old those games are. Most people who wanted to play Far Cry 3 have done so by now, they wouldn't wait and hope it would pop up on PS+ some day.

Are you going to buy Killzone: Shadow Fall or wait 6 months to a year for it to maybe go on PS+? I think the first PS+ game for the PS4 (outside of Driveclub) will probably be Knack, but I don't think that will be for several months.

You mean Plus?

Expect more DLC then.
It's a fair point if the games have a lot of must-buy DLC and all those new owners are more likely to buy DLC. The base game will have become much cheaper due to the 2nd hand market and the passage of time while the DLC always seems to stay expensive outside of half price sales.

It's crazy, and EU always gets a stronger monthly game selection than the US does, but keep in mind how old those games are.

Most people who wanted to play Far Cry 3 have done so by now, they wouldn't wait and hope it would pop up on PS+ some day.
I own Far Cry 3 (& SF X T) but didn't get a chance to play it yet! SF is a bit older but FC3 was Nov 2012, only 10 months! And on a top game!

That's my usual timeframe for buying games as I have more than enough to get through as it is so there's little point in paying full price for everything when I won't get around to them for ages anyway. If I had a 3TB hard drive I'd be saving a hell of a lot of money by going completely digital and relying on PS+. The only thing I don't like is that I wouldn't be allowed to access to everything indefinitely and for many of them I'd end up buying them anyway for the cases and to store on my shelf. :woot: Best for me is middle tier or disposable titles that I don't necessarily need to physically own.

Are you going to buy Killzone: Shadow Fall or wait 6 months to a year for it to maybe go on PS+? I think the first PS+ game for the PS4 (outside of Driveclub) will probably be Knack, but I don't think that will be for several months.
So do you think it will be mainly PS3 games for quite a while till the launch titles get a year or so old? Knack I can definitely see going on there. Does this ever affect your decision when buying? I know the potential of a GOTY edition has made me question buying DLCs for older games that have a history of putting out GOTY editions. (after getting it wrong many times)

Edit:
You mean Plus?
Yes :O

Last edited:
Quick question guys. Is it too late to reserve the PS4 at any store? I do hope I luck out at a store that has extra stock on the day of release. :csad:

Quick question guys. Is it too late to reserve the PS4 at any store? I do hope I luck out at a store that has extra stock on the day of release. :csad:

That really depends on your local stores. Call around, especially at like a Target further out of town. Try to figure out (or ask the stores) which location has low traffic, you might luck out.

I think you'll have best luck at a Walmart or Target or some local big box chain that also sells video games, Gamestop is probably a long shot.

Sony confirms PS4 camera supports commands via voice, face recognition

(18 hours ago)

You can order your PS4 about without picking up a controller, thanks to the console's add-on camera. Revealed by Sony Senior VP and Business Division President Masayasu Ito at the Tokyo Game Show, you can use its voice and face recognition tech to do things like loading up Knack. Although, sadly, you'll still have to get up and grab a controller to play it (we were so close to the future).

The news isn't a great surprise given the leak from earlier this month. It's still unclear how these commands work in practice, but we expect Sony to show off the tech soon enough. The PS4 camera will be priced $60.

Ito also revealed another interesting tidbit at Sony's keynote, namely that the PS4 supports video capture over HDMI, something the PS3 did not. SCE America VP of Publisher & Developer Relations Adam Boyes took to Twitter afterwards to say there'll be "more details to follow down the road."

The PS4 launches on November 15 in North America, November 29 in Europe, and February 22 in Japan. Sony estimates by the end of March 2014 it'll have shifted 5 million units of its next-gen console.
Via: Engadget

Wonder how popular that will be. Seems most gamers aren't that interested in this kind of stuff (yet).

And 5m units would be a great start.

Wonder how popular that will be. Seems most gamers aren't that interested in this kind of stuff (yet).
Gamers need to get off their god damn high horse with this kind of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"