Playstation The Official PS4 Thread - Part 13

sounds like you came out okay Dave :up:

yeah I try to help out a friend or 2 if they want to upgrade to a newer or better model console and do not want to pay the crazy prices the used ones go for, they get my almost new system for a decent price and I get a new one for a decent price off, win/win ya know?

gave my aging Turtle Beach headphones (Stealth 500P 7.1) the fake leather covering was flaking off I looked for replacements and I saw a lot of 3rd party ones and some sites said they would fit some say they would not. So I decided to look at the TB website and while they DID have ear cushions for some models none for mine I saw a set for the 700s that looks like mine and clicked on em. And in the comments one guy said he too had the 500s and could not find new cups and support suggested those and they worked so I got em (14 bucks shipped for 2). While they are older they work great and hate to have to get rid of em or upgrade to the new models cause the new models do not have the ability to mute chat volume (all they do is lower how your volume is to you which is not what I want).

Anyone know what to do with the ps4 pro fan being really loud?? Mine has been like that for a while and I feel like it’s getting worse I already tried to clean it but it still sounds like a vacuum

I only had a loud fan on my older gen Pro (the one with the large PC looking power plug connector) my current gen model is less than a month old and so far been rock solid and super quiet.

Anyone know what to do with the ps4 pro fan being really loud?? Mine has been like that for a while and I feel like it’s getting worse I already tried to clean it but it still sounds like a vacuum
If the console is working perfectly fine aside from the noise, then maybe its just like that. However, if you're really concern then maybe go to a Sony support service and bring the console there.

I have a ps4 slim, and I read online that its the most quiet out of the 3 ps4 versions. And my fan (not the one installed in the ps4) is very loud so its probably why I rarely hear it make some noise.

try to raise it on something. I have a friend with a 3D printer and printed out four little plastic clips that have my Ps4 pro like an inch in the air under my tv.

Very successful generation. I wonder how many PS5 will sell.
I doubt it could outsell the ps4. I still think the 500 price tag for the disc version isn't going to be as selling as the ps4 in a lot of countries, unless they lower the price for it and the eventual ps5 slim.

I doubt it could outsell the ps4. I still think the 500 price tag for the disc version isn't going to be as selling as the ps4 in a lot of countries, unless they lower the price for it and the eventual ps5 slim.
The PS5 seems to have a lot of hype already but price and improved competition (compared to the weak X1 and wii U) could play a factor this time. I think it will be a better generation overall in terms of quality than the previous one, and hopefully all the consoles sell more.

The PS5 seems to have a lot of hype already but price and improved competition (compared to the weak X1 and wii U) could play a factor this time. I think it will be a better generation overall in terms of quality than the previous one, and hopefully all the consoles sell more.
As a playstation guy, i hope ps5 turns out to be a success but with the Switch, a more affordable Xbox (and their game pass), there are just cheaper consoles out there and plus 70 dollar games. Now if Sony was generous by selling the disc version of ps5 at 399, then I would have said, its possible to outsell the ps4 especially given that they have eXclusives unlike Series X. They didn't. That 100 difference is going to make a difference in the long run.

I also think psvr will be the psvita of this generation. That thing isn't just taking off well vr gadgets/games in general.

PSVR was a fine entry level VR experience. It really needs updated with the release of the Oculus Quest 2.

As a playstation guy, i hope ps5 turns out to be a success but with the Switch, a more affordable Xbox (and their game pass), there are just cheaper consoles out there and plus 70 dollar games. Now if Sony was generous by selling the disc version of ps5 at 399, then I would have said, its possible to outsell the ps4 especially given that they have eXclusives unlike Series X. They didn't. That 100 difference is going to make a difference in the long run.

I also think psvr will be the psvita of this generation. That thing isn't just taking off well vr gadgets/games in general.
The Ps5 sold more in its first 12 hours of availability than the Ps4 did in its first 12 weeks of availability

Maybe in a lot of ways I think ps5 could out sale ps4 though. Xbox I see doing even worse next gen then this. A lot of people that are even die hard xbox fans have been turned of by xbox after xbox one and xbox is 500 to not just Sony so I think the 500 price will not hurt has much and with inflation I think systems couldn't like stay 400 forever. Xbox system names are like worse than Nintendo with wii and Wii U to and that could also hurt xbox a lot. Sony is looking like its going to have system seller level games maybe ever year something ps4 didn't have the first few years. I mean 2020 we got spiderman mm I know smaller game but its still spiderman. Next year we should be getting horizon forbidden west. I think GOW 2 gets pushed back to 2022 and we get spiderman 2 has well in 2022. Then you still have what ever the new sd studio is doing. I just think the combination or xbox pissing of a lot of people this gen and now also halo being pushed back and Sony looking to have a much stronger first year then normal is also going to put Sony in position to get off to a stronger start. Now one thing that could hurt ps5 vs ps4 is the fact spiderman mm and horizon forbidden west are going to be on ps4 to. There are some people that if those games where ps5 only might get a ps5 or at least might get it sooner over a ps4 but now might just stick with 4 with it being on there to. At the same times that fact ps5 is bc with ps4 that means some people might just get a ps5 and spend a little extra instead of just getting the 4 if they dont have one.

Maybe in a lot of ways I think ps5 could out sale ps4 though. Xbox I see doing even worse next gen then this. A lot of people that are even die hard xbox fans have been turned of by xbox after xbox one and xbox is 500 to not just Sony so I think the 500 price will not hurt has much and with inflation I think systems couldn't like stay 400 forever. Xbox system names are like worse than Nintendo with wii and Wii U to and that could also hurt xbox a lot. Sony is looking like its going to have system seller level games maybe ever year something ps4 didn't have the first few years. I mean 2020 we got spiderman mm I know smaller game but its still spiderman. Next year we should be getting horizon forbidden west. I think GOW 2 gets pushed back to 2022 and we get spiderman 2 has well in 2022. Then you still have what ever the new sd studio is doing. I just think the combination or xbox pissing of a lot of people this gen and now also halo being pushed back and Sony looking to have a much stronger first year then normal is also going to put Sony in position to get off to a stronger start. Now one thing that could hurt ps5 vs ps4 is the fact spiderman mm and horizon forbidden west are going to be on ps4 to. There are some people that if those games where ps5 only might get a ps5 or at least might get it sooner over a ps4 but now might just stick with 4 with it being on there to. At the same times that fact ps5 is bc with ps4 that means some people might just get a ps5 and spend a little extra instead of just getting the 4 if they dont have one.
Xbox has series s which costs 299. That is cheap compare to both versions of the ps5. Microsoft undercut Sony in that one and Sony didn't even match it. So that's probably going to help Xbox despite the lack of eXclusives. The average Joe isn't going to care about specs or which brand is stronger if there's a more cheaper option and series s is the cheapest next gen console at the moment. That being said, I expect Ps5 to still outsell Xbox as Ps is just much stronger worldwide.

Now only time will tell if Xbox's console eXclusives in the next two/three years would help series X/s outsell Xbox One. And make the gap from ps' sales smaller.

I'm thinking its just going to be more front loaded because its new.
well that's the thing. I was comparing the Ps5 as new tech, to the Ps4 when it was new tech. Obviously the latter's success wasn't front loaded, as you showed a few posts up that it's now north of 110 million consoles, having outdone the Ps1 and the Wii.

well that's the thing. I was comparing the Ps5 as new tech, to the Ps4 when it was new tech. Obviously the latter's success wasn't front loaded, as you showed a few posts up that it's now north of 110 million consoles, having outdone the Ps1 and the Wii.
I googled what you posted and this is the one of the things I saw:

Sony Expects PS5 To Sell More Than PS4 Did In Its First Fiscal Year - IGN

"They expect it", but ps5 hasn't outsold ps4's in its first 12 months yet as the console is not even out in the market and being delivered to people's home who are paying 499. And pre order "sales" numbers are way more front loaded now compare to 2013. Also, there are several reports in the U.S. that stores are canceling pre orders due to the limited amount. Sohow is it outselling ps4 now when some pre orders are being canceled.

To me, this is more like wait and see. It could be front loaded or not. It could be selling more than the ps4 (during the ps4's first year) due to pre order which people/the stores can cancel.

My prediction, in 2027, I don't think its gonna beat ps4's 100 million sales. And if it does, great. But I'm looking at the currenr prices, and I just don't see it right now.

I googled what you posted and this is the one of the things I saw:

Sony Expects PS5 To Sell More Than PS4 Did In Its First Fiscal Year - IGN

"They expect it", but ps5 hasn't outsold ps4's in its first 12 months yet as the console is not even out in the market and being delivered to people's home who are paying 499. And pre order "sales" numbers are way more front loaded now compare to 2013. Also, there are several reports in the U.S. that stores are canceling pre orders due to the limited amount. Sohow is it outselling ps4 now when some pre orders are being canceled.

To me, this is more like wait and see. It could be front loaded or not. It could be selling more than the ps4 (during the ps4's first year) due to pre order which people/the stores can cancel.

My prediction, in 2027, I don't think its gonna beat ps4's 100 million sales. And if it does, great. But I'm looking at the currenr prices, and I just don't see it right now.
huh? I never said Ps5 outsold Ps4 in its first 12 months. I said in its first 12 weeks. This is all with the higher price tag - and we know the Ps4's initial success wasn't front loaded, so I don't see what basis you have to say the Ps5's is. All the evidence points to Ps5's demand being much higher than Ps4's.

edit: also did you google exactly what I posted? because that ign article is almost a month old and wasn't in the first five pages of search results that came up for me when I googled what I wrote. when I typed "The Ps5 sold more in its first 12 hours of availability than the Ps4 did in its first 12 weeks of availability" it brings up news articles about what I told you (the 12 hours to 12 weeks comparison), which is about a week old news

Last edited:
huh? I never said Ps5 outsold Ps4 in its first 12 months. I said in its first 12 weeks. This is all with the higher price tag - and we know the Ps4's initial success wasn't front loaded, so I don't see what basis you have to say the Ps5's is. All the evidence points to Ps5's demand being much higher than Ps4's.

edit: also did you google exactly what I posted? because that ign article is almost a month old and wasn't in the first five pages of search results that came up for me when I googled what I wrote. when I typed "The Ps5 sold more in its first 12 hours of availability than the Ps4 did in its first 12 weeks of availability" it brings up news articles about what I told you (the 12 hours to 12 weeks comparison), which is about a week old news

Again its just my prediction. I can't talk about the demand of the ps4 during its first year/launch/12 weeks or why ps4 wasnt front loaded, as I wasn't aware at that time. I did read that ps4 had no backwards compatibility and only had few eXclusives

But I can't see how a more eXpensive console (assuming most of the buyers get the disc version) is going to sell more than the affordable ps4 in its lifespan. Maybe by 2023 or 2024 the ps5 is going to be under 400,/450 okaymaybe I would change my mind but right now nope.

ps4 launch (399) vs ps5 launch disc version (499) - unless people are richer now and 499 isn't different from 399 and new games aren't going to be mostly 70. Okay but how realistic is that?

Also, I already said the early "sales" could be front loaded. For all we know thats just pre orders/shipment numbers. There's also no info that the ps5 is going to sell that strong for the rest of its lifespan. And the sales you are talking about aren't actual sales yet as its not yet Nov 12 and pre orders are being canceled. So what happened to the "sales" when pre orders are being canceled, do they discount those sales you are talking about?

Again its just my prediction. I can't talk about the demand of the ps4 during its first year/launch/12 weeks or why ps4 wasnt front loaded, as I wasn't aware at that time. I did read that ps4 had no backwards compatibility and only had few eXclusives
I understand that that is your prediction, what I don't understand is what you're basing it on. If the evidence showed that the demand is not as high as it was 7 years ago then I could understand it, but the evidence is showing the opposite.

But I can't see how a more eXpensive console (assuming most of the buyers get the disc version) is going to sell more than the affordable ps4 in its lifespan. Maybe by 2023 or 2024 the ps5 is going to be under 400,/450 okaymaybe I would change my mind but right now nope.

ps4 launch (399) vs ps5 launch disc version (499) - unless people are richer now and 499 isn't different from 399 and new games aren't going to be mostly 70. Okay but how realistic is that?
At launch the regular version is what was more available for preorder but after the launch rush and Ps5 is back in stock I am very confident that the demand for the AD version will be very high with the $399 price point, and even the symmetrical design making it more attractive.
Also, I already said the early "sales" could be front loaded. For all we know thats just pre orders/shipment numbers. There's also no info that the ps5 is going to sell that strong for the rest of its lifespan. And the sales you are talking about aren't actual sales yet as its not yet Nov 12 and pre orders are being canceled. So what happened to the "sales" when pre orders are being canceled, do they discount those sales you are talking about?
I know you said the early sales could be front loaded and as I explained to you in my response, the Ps4's early sales success was not front loaded and comparatively the Ps5's early success has already outdone the Ps4's. So at this point I don't understand on what basis you are saying the Ps5's launch demand is only front loaded.

Also, you didn't answer my question. what exactly did you type into google that got you that ign article? I am asking because you said you searched what I wrote, "The Ps5 sold more in its first 12 hours of availability than the Ps4 did in its first 12 weeks of availability" and when I searched that, it brought up articles actually relevant to what I said and that news broke about a week or so ago. That ign article is almost a month old, wasn't in the first five pages of search results, and it technically isn't even relevant to the news that I stated.

I understand that that is your prediction, what I don't understand is what you're basing it on. If the evidence showed that the demand is not as high as it was 7 years ago then I could understand it, but the evidence is showing the opposite.

At launch the regular version is what was more available for preorder but after the launch rush and Ps5 is back in stock I am very confident that the demand for the AD version will be very high with the $399 price point, and even the symmetrical design making it more attractive.

I know you said the early sales could be front loaded and as I explained to you in my response, the Ps4's early sales success was not front loaded and comparatively the Ps5's early success has already outdone the Ps4's. So at this point I don't understand on what basis you are saying the Ps5's launch demand is only front loaded.

Also, you didn't answer my question. what exactly did you type into google that got you that ign article? I am asking because you said you searched what I wrote, "The Ps5 sold more in its first 12 hours of availability than the Ps4 did in its first 12 weeks of availability" and when I searched that, it brought up articles actually relevant to what I said and that news broke about a week or so ago. That ign article is almost a month old, wasn't in the first five pages of search results, and it technically isn't even relevant to the news that I stated.
Im basing it on the price which I mentioned too many times already. Ps3 was much more eXpensive than ps2 and Ps3 didn't outsell the ps2.... but its going to be the opposite here. I doubt it. Also I forgot to mention, weirdly since we are in a pandemic, people are spending more money in videogames right now because they are stuck at home but this pandemic isn't forever. But still, I keep reading how disastrous these pre orders are (websites crashing, pre orders canceled), there's no actual sales yet.

I also just mentioned xbox in another post, they currently have the cheapest neXt gen console and who knows if their eXclusives would make a difference in the long run, plus Xbox pass. Switch as well, way cheaper than a ps5 for sure. 70 dollar games. There's simply too many factors for the ps5, to outsell the ps4 imo.

As for what I googled, ps5 sales something like that.

Now I will turn this into you, what makes you so sure the ps5 will.outsell the ps4?

Edit: ps5 sold more copies than ps4, that's what I googled to direct me to the ign article

Last edited:
Im basing it on the price which I mentioned too many times already.
Okay, now here is the flaw I see in your logic. The Ps5 was announced as $499 a month and a half ago in September. IF you made this prediction back then, hours before the Ps5 preorders went live, then I would understand the basis of your theory. However, later that day, we already saw how the Ps5 preorders made every single website that had it available for preorder go kaput followed up with the recent news that I showed that (despite the regular Ps5 being $100 more than the Ps4) the Ps5 preorders have sold in 12 hours more than the Ps4 did in 12 weeks. That should be enough evidence to you that price has not brought the demand for the Ps5 down at all, and quite the contrary compared to the Ps4.
Ps3 was much more eXpensive than ps2 and Ps3 didn't outsell the ps2.... but its going to be the opposite here. I doubt it.
If you're basing all of this hypotheses on just price then there is this to compare: Ps1, the very first playstation was $299 at launch. The Ps4, the successor three generations later, was $399 at launch and has outsold the original playstation by over 10 million units. How could this have been possible if the first playstation was so much cheaper from the get go, if the launch price is all we should be going by?

Also, the Ps3's two SKUs at launch were $600 and $500, both of which were more expensive than everything in the competition. The Ps5's two SKUs at launch are $500 and $400, and the latter is less expensive than the premium option of Sony's main competition. So it's not exactly the same as gen 7.
Also I forgot to mention, weirdly since we are in a pandemic, people are spending more money in videogames right now because they are stuck at home but this pandemic isn't forever. But still, I keep reading how disastrous these pre orders are (websites crashing, pre orders canceled), there's no actual sales yet.
There are no actual sales figures yet but there has been confirmation from Sony that the Ps5 preorder sales in 12 hours matched what the Ps4 did in 12 weeks...if that is not an indication of a good start to the generation, I don't know what it is.
I also just mentioned xbox in another post, they currently have the cheapest neXt gen console and who knows if their eXclusives would make a difference in the long run, plus Xbox pass. Switch as well, way cheaper than a ps5 for sure. 70 dollar games.
I will give you this, for sure. Series S has a very competitive price and it will be interesting to see how that will affect sales of the 9th generation. Off topic, there are rumors of a Switch Pro btw. That could either mean a more expensive Switch, or a price cut to make room for the Pro.
There's simply too many factors for the ps5, to outsell the ps4 imo.
I will meet you halfway here to say that there are plenty of factors that indicate the Ps5 may not outsell the Ps4, yeah. It's too early to say whether it even can.

As for what I googled, ps5 sales something like that.

Now I will turn this into you, what makes you so sure the ps5 will.outsell the ps4?

Edit: ps5 sold more copies than ps4, that's what I googled to direct me to the ign article

First of all, I never said that I am so sure the Ps5 will outsell the Ps4. I am sure that it is going to have a successful launch and tenure on the market. I think it is too early to say whether it has the chance of outselling the Ps4, but the fact that there is an AD version at $400 will definitely help.

Second of all, in my post, I didn't say "ps5 sold more copies than ps4" I specified that the Ps5 sold more in preorders in the first 12 hours than the Ps4 did in the first 12 weeks. And I feel like I've said like 5 times now.

But anyway, I decided to google what you said you did: ps5 sold more copies than ps4 - Google Search

and that IGN article is nowhere to be found in the first 5 pages of search results. In fact, the very first search result I see is again, about the same sales comparison I have been telling you about (12 hours versus 12 weeks).

Okay, now here is the flaw I see in your logic. The Ps5 was announced as $499 a month and a half ago in September. IF you made this prediction back then, hours before the Ps5 preorders went live, then I would understand the basis of your theory. However, later that day, we already saw how the Ps5 preorders made every single website that had it available for preorder go kaput followed up with the recent news that I showed that (despite the regular Ps5 being $100 more than the Ps4) the Ps5 preorders have sold in 12 hours more than the Ps4 did in 12 weeks. That should be enough evidence to you that price has not brought the demand for the Ps5 down at all, and quite the contrary compared to the Ps4.
If you're basing all of this hypotheses on just price then there is this to compare: Ps1, the very first playstation was $299 at launch. The Ps4, the successor three generations later, was $399 at launch and has outsold the original playstation by over 10 million units. How could this have been possible if the first playstation was so much cheaper from the get go, if the launch price is all we should be going by?

Also, the Ps3's two SKUs at launch were $600 and $500, both of which were more expensive than everything in the competition. The Ps5's two SKUs at launch are $500 and $400, and the latter is less expensive than the premium option of Sony's main competition. So it's not exactly the same as gen 7.

There are no actual sales figures yet but there has been confirmation from Sony that the Ps5 preorder sales in 12 hours matched what the Ps4 did in 12 weeks...if that is not an indication of a good start to the generation, I don't know what it is.

I will give you this, for sure. Series S has a very competitive price and it will be interesting to see how that will affect sales of the 9th generation. Off topic, there are rumors of a Switch Pro btw. That could either mean a more expensive Switch, or a price cut to make room for the Pro.
I will meet you halfway here to say that there are plenty of factors that indicate the Ps5 may not outsell the Ps4, yeah. It's too early to say whether it even can.

First of all, I never said that I am so sure the Ps5 will outsell the Ps4. I am sure that it is going to have a successful launch and tenure on the market. I think it is too early to say whether it has the chance of outselling the Ps4, but the fact that there is an AD version at $400 will definitely help.

Second of all, in my post, I didn't say "ps5 sold more copies than ps4" I specified that the Ps5 sold more in preorders in the first 12 hours than the Ps4 did in the first 12 weeks. And I feel like I've said like 5 times now.

But anyway, I decided to google what you said you did: ps5 sold more copies than ps4 - Google Search

and that IGN article is nowhere to be found in the first 5 pages of search results. In fact, the very first search result I see is again, about the same sales comparison I have been telling you about (12 hours versus 12 weeks).
So will the ps5 outsell the ps4 then? Good to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"