The Official PS4 Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't had any bugs with mine so far! Hopefully it stays that way. I've had a great experience. Sorry you havent had the same Thundercrack. :(

I mean seriously, we have two people on this board who got the white bundle, we both have issues with it. Three if you count my second defective unit.

Amazon didn't even ask me what was wrong with it.

Just told me to ship it to the "soon to be refurbished PS4 warehouse".

I mean seriously, we have two people on this board who got the white bundle, we both have issues with it. Three if you count my second defective unit.

we have two people on this board.

two people

Seriously?

Sucks to hear people are having a problem with the system and thinking about switching to the Xbone. Mine works great and I have 2 controllers, never had a problem. My buddy just got one and his works fine as well as my manager who is cracked out on Destiny

yeah man. it comes down to being able to use your product - the issues i've been having with mine prevent me from doing so properly. it ruins the gaming experience, you know?

I would LIKE to say i haven't had issues with my playstation but unfortunately that ain't the case. let's see if firmware 2.0 has something to do about it

I've got to say input lag can be super annoying especially when you then get over-correction when it catches up.

Word. I'm gonna snag one

It's bug free now. You've just had bad luck.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twic- three times and shame on me.

Though at least I didn't have Baneful's problem.

I wonder if anyone got a PS4 with a buzz saw disc drive, jet engine fans, and buggy bluetooth.

Maybe they got some kind of prize.

Oh and wasn't it Marvolo who had a DS4 with a broken headphone jack?

Throw that in too.

Sony's controllers have been just garbage. This is the second controller I've gone through. The dam r2 button both times. Basically out of 180 bucks for something that's not even over a year old. The first one broke after about 6 months and this one in 5 weeks and of course game stop said it's to late to after a month to replace.

yeah man. it comes down to being able to use your product - the issues i've been having with mine prevent me from doing so properly. it ruins the gaming experience, you know?

I would LIKE to say i haven't had issues with my playstation but unfortunately that ain't the case. let's see if firmware 2.0 has something to do about it

I understand the frustration bro, I'd be pissed if it happened to me.

I'm glad all my Playstation stuff has worked perfectly with zero problems.

me too......lol.

hope my future X1 won't have any problems either (knocks on wood).

PlayStation TV launches stateside with last-minute compatibility changes

(15 minutes ago)

[YT]vqBC_BSFnEo[/YT]
The PlayStation TV launches today in North America boasting compatibility with a large number of PSP, PS Vita, and PS minis games, but users at NeoGAF point out that a last-minute compatibility update renders several major titles unplayable on Sony's new hardware.

Just prior to the system's stateside launch, Sony updated its PlayStation TV compatibility list, removing entries for notable PSP games like Twisted Metal: Head-On, Valkyria Chronicles 2, and WipeOut Pure. Several Konami-published PSone games are also no longer compatible with the PlayStation TV, including Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, and Suikoden.

The lack of omitted games that begin with the letters A through L suggests that Sony may be sorting out cross-platform rights issues alphabetically. While SNK-published PS minis games like Time Soldiers and Vanguard didn't make the cut, fellow SNK Arcade Classics 0 ports like Athena and Guerrilla War remain listed, hinting that further compatibility updates may be in store.

Positioned as a non-portable alternative to Sony's PS Vita system, the PlayStation TV plugs into any HDMI-equipped television and plays games and movies downloaded from the PlayStation Network. The system is available today as a $99.99 standalone package and bundled with a DualShock 3 controller and memory card for $139.99.

[Video: Sony]​

This was my experience until very recently.

Hell, even my PSP, which I had buyer's remorse for never had any issues.

Still use a PS2 for DVD's from time to time, and games.

Yeah, I've actually never had any issue with any PlayStation device I've ever owned.

The only time I ever had an issue was my original Playstation 1. From my Super Nintendo and Sega days I was used to punching my machines when I lost (stupid, I know) and I tried that crap with my Playstation then surprise, surprise it stopped working. I call Sony and said it stopped working so they asked if I kept it on carpet to which I replied yes. I sent it to them and a month or so later they sent it back working. They had to know it wasn't overheated haha

• A Day With PlayStation TV

Feature
    hot-post.png

on Oct 14, 2014 at 05:35 PM
    ps4-icon.png
    ps3-icon.png

We spent the day exploring the potential of Sony’s new set-top gadget, and answer what it means both for gamers who already own a PlayStation, and those who don’t.
    ... More
source: GI

I've had the issue with the disc drive, which I guess people are calling the buzzsaw problem. It's a fitting name, but it's an easy enough problem to fix. At least, the solution I found online works like a charm. It's worked fine ever since.

I've had the issue with the disc drive, which I guess people are calling the buzzsaw problem. It's a fitting name, but it's an easy enough problem to fix. At least, the solution I found online works like a charm. It's worked fine ever since.

The penny trick?

Oh it only plays games... on a list. That's kind of odd.

No Gravity Rush, no Boderlands 2, no Sly Coooper...

Guess they want you to buy those digitally?

Oh it only plays games... on a list. That's kind of odd.

No Gravity Rush, no Boderlands 2, no Sly Coooper...

Guess they want you to buy those digitally?
The Vita has a camera, mic, touchscreen, and rear touch pad which many games take advantage of. Those games aren't going to work properly on a DS3/4

Actually it's not that at all.

Apparently they need to be patched. Sony has been slow to do that. Killzone Mercenaries has only recently been patched.

Actually it's not that at all.

Apparently they need to be patched. Sony has been slow to do that. Killzone Mercenaries has only recently been patched.

Um yes it is. Killzone was patched to account for the stuff I mentioned. By design, many Vita games are automatically incompatible bc of the inherent differences between the DS and the actual system. Any game which makes use of those features mentioned would need to be patched up for DS support. That's not Sony's job. They can and likely may do their titles, but its up to the various third parties, if they choose to do so and I can see most not wasting the resources to go back and do that. Even so there are a ton of games that realistically will never received a patch bc there is no way to emulate the experience on a DS. I doubt LBP will and before the announcement of the PS4 version, Tearaway is the type of title that would have fallen into that category

As for KZ "only now" just getting the patch, well the PS TV only just got a Western release yesterday. What do you expect? Its out in time for people who wanted the thing yesterday to get it and play it. Its not like this was a series that ever resonated with Japan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back