The Official PS4 Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do you go to set up the daily check up setting?

New Units of PlayStation 4 Going for $350 on eBay. June 25, 2014 . 4:30pm

New units of PlayStation 4 are going for $350 on eBay, while refurbished 3DS are selling for $99 at Groupon. Both solid deals.
playstation4-new-box-pick-e1403738436202.jpg

If you haven’t spot this deal yet, brand new units of PlayStation 4 is going for $350 on eBay (after $10 coupon CCNVIXQ214 ). Over thousands of units have been sold since this deal popped up last week. The deal went out of stock during the weekend but has now popped up again.

Why the price drop? My own speculation is that with a Vita + PS4 combo bundle coming out soon (plus those nice looking white PS4s), select retailers are clearing out their inventory of black PS4 (what a contrast vs. late 2013). Use eBay redemption code CCNVIXQ214 during checkout and you’ll get $10 off to get the price mentioned. Shipping is free to most U.S. area. Sales tax in CA only at a ridiculous 9%, so less of a deal for those of us residing in The Golden State. Boo.

For cheaper console fun, refurbished Nintendo 3DS are going for only $99.99 at Groupon with free shipping. Solid deal if you’ve somehow dropped your unit down the Grand Canyon (bound to happen to somebody). It’s the lowest price seen on any 3DS we’ve seen and its $70 cheaper than the current $170 list price for a new unit.
more Details at http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/25/new-units-playstation-4-going-350-ebay/#LLbfRrJdHEzdm3oA.99

source:Siliconera

These next gen consoles are going to be so cheap in a few years and amazing value.

Any idea when we'll be getting MP3 or DLNA support?

Any idea when we'll be getting MP3 or DLNA support?

I haven't heard anything on the subject since Apr, when they said it was coming "soon". Id hope in the next update, whenever that'll be.

It sucks that the PS4 came so barebones and are slow to get a bunch of basic features the PS3 already has.

Hopefully there will be significant improvements by the end of the year, but damn, they're taking their time.

I don't think it's laziness, so much as them trying to force people to use their crap. Best example would be the lack of PS1 backwards compatibility. They want you to buy that **** on the PS Store.

I assume they have some kind of music service they want you to pay for as well.

I thought there were rumors that they made add PS1 and PS2 backwards compatibility which is why they were dropped from PS Now.

Hopefully the Xbone catching up in sales will make them more agreeable to bringing those things back.

I thought there were rumors that they made add PS1 and PS2 backwards compatibility which is why they were dropped from PS Now.

There were, but with not so much as a whisper about them at E3, I think they're just that.

I mean they were right about PS Now dropping PS1 and PS2, so disc emulation may still be coming.

Best example would be the lack of PS1 backwards compatibility. They want you to buy that **** on the PS Store.

I'm not sure what you mean, PS1 titles are not on the PS Store on PS4. The PS3 is fully compatible with PS1 disc or digital form if thats what you mean, the PS4 has nothing of the sort...yet.

When was it said that PS1 and PS2 games were going to be dropped from PS Now? I know they aren't in the beta, but I assumed they were going to be in the full service.

When was it said that PS1 and PS2 games were going to be dropped from PS Now? I know they aren't in the beta, but I assumed they were going to be in the full service.

I don't think it has been said but there have been rumors of Sony considering having PS1 and PS2 backwards compatibility for PS4, personally with what seems to be PS Now's prices I don't want them to be on there.

I don't think it has been said but there have been rumors of Sony considering having PS1 and PS2 backwards compatibility for PS4, personally with what seems to be PS Now's prices I don't want them to be on there.

PS Now is a service that extends beyond PS4. PS4 getting PS1/PS2 backwards compatibility really shouldnt have any bearing on if that stuff will be available on Now. Smart TVs, tablets, Playstation TV, etc... dont have backwards compatibility with those systems and these are all platforms that Sony plans to hit

I don't think it's laziness, so much as them trying to force people to use their crap. Best example would be the lack of PS1 backwards compatibility. They want you to buy that **** on the PS Store.

I assume they have some kind of music service they want you to pay for as well.

that makes no sense considering you cant purchase PS1 games to play on the PS4

Last edited:
Yeah, that's what I was about to say. I wouldn't expect PS1/PS2 added BC to PS4 to actually affect anything. But I also don't think it's happening anyway.

Yeah, that's what I was about to say. I wouldn't expect PS1/PS2 added BC to PS4 to actually affect anything. But I also don't think it's happening anyway.

Yeah, some people for some reason saw the rumor as PS1/PS2 being dropped from PS Now completely. The internet is filled with everything these days...

All we have are sources. Eurogamer, and another inside source (the same source that said back in February GTA V would come to both consoles and PC) said that PS1 and PS2 Emulation may be coming, but the reason there hasn't been an announcement is because PS1 and PS2 emulation is still buggy. The aformentioned source mentioned that in two different articles that Sony has struggled with emulation, and that the testing experineces range from perfect 1080 to "extremely buggy" .

I so hope it happens, I need to play Crash & Spyro for the 100,000 time on PS4.

Yeah, some people for some reason saw the rumor as PS1/PS2 being dropped from PS Now completely. The internet is filled with everything these days...

They're dropped from PS Now for now. It could be a number of reasons, but I interpreted it as them being dropped for good because many of the articles that mentioned that they were going PS3 only also mentioned PS1/PS2 support coming also in the same articles.

Well, I guess the GTAV leads some creditability to the rumor, but I'm still not going to be surprised if it never happens.

Me too. He also said Uncharted 4 would be at E3, but that's an easy one.

The real challenges would be if Rockstar makes Agent (he mentioned Rockstar is still interested in making the game), and if the next Mass Effect game is called Mass Effect: Contact. Those were two of his other big gaming news the last few months.

They're dropped from PS Now for now. It could be a number of reasons, but I interpreted it as them being dropped for good because many of the articles that mentioned that they were going PS3 only also mentioned PS1/PS2 support coming also in the same articles.

I just think Sony would be making a mistake with that as having PS1/PS2 games would be a big selling point for PSNow. Personally I could care less about streaming games though, ill be happy with being able to play my classic discs or digital titles on PS4.

The entirety of E3 for me was waiting in anticipation for some kind of BC announcement considering Sony's roll last year and ended up disappointed this year because of that lol...

My guess is it's because they haven't gotten it close to working. The first news as announced in January and in March there was no change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"