The Official PS4 Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was going to be an epic sci-fi story (er....no) setting up the extensive lore for a generation spanning franchise and then great co-op (which they've partly delivered on) and multiplayer (nope). I thought it was going to be one of the biggest new things in gaming and even if it did that sales wise, the franchise will be spent unless they sort it out with massive changes in the very near future.

:csad:

I mean.......it's highly possible that you've just had bad luck and bought defective controllers in a row.

however, to get that many defective controllers, with that same problem, while otherwise functioning properly (right?) seems unlikely.

it almost sounds like your controllers aren't "syncing" properly with your PS4.

could there be some other Bluetooth device interfering with it?

don't want to turn this into a PS4 discussion........perhaps we should continue this in the PS4 thread?
That would be absolutely crazy because that would mean sony distributed... An absolutely crazy amount of defective dualshock 4s. And I don't know if I can even blame them for it because how are they suppose to predict this type of defect?

People keep suggesting it is a Bluetooth interference problem, but this NEVER happened with the dualshock 3 which is also Bluetooth and an older controller. Why would it start now with its successor?

From what I'm reading the problem does seem to be some kind of interference.

But the fact that it still happens when the controller is plugged in makes it rather odd.

I would suggest moving the PS4 to several different locations to see if that has any effect.
Again though, this "interference" never occurred with the dualshock 3. And I've had my Ps4 in two separate spots in my dorm. And I had it in my home in the summer. Maybe I need to use it more with the micro USB to know for sure if it happens with it plugged in at all or not, if there is any latency. But honestly... Who would want to play with it plugged in the entire time? Defeats the purpose of it being wireless.

I'm having flashbacks to my time with my PS4 right now.

Happy I returned that thing.

This is not an unheard of problem btw. Just looking at the Sony help threads.
lol

I get the problem is not unheard of, but it is a serious problem for gamers that have it. For gods sake you cannot play your damn games properly if this crap happens constantly.

Last edited:
That is really bizarre. But others are reporting this exact same problem, and none of them seem to have a solution. It seems to be the console. The way it transmits the signal.

What the hell is the world coming to when Microsoft makes the most reliable console?

you read forums and message boards.......and the X1 has its share of problems, too.

but really, Baneful, that IS a weird problem.

maybe it is your console?

is there any way you can return/exchange your white console?

you read forums and message boards.......and the X1 has its share of problems, too.

Not this many. I haven't seen a console riddled with this many problems since the 360.

I was on the phone with tech support so often we were on first name basis.

What does it say about your console when the world's largest online retailer changes their exchange policy just for your console?

I mean seriously, we have two people on this board who got the white bundle, we both have issues with it. Three if you count my second defective unit.

Amazon didn't even ask me what was wrong with it.

Just told me to ship it to the "soon to be refurbished PS4 warehouse".

Not this many. I haven't seen a console riddled with this many problems since the 360.

What does it say about your console when the world's largest online retailer changes their exchange policy just for your console?

I mean seriously, we have two people on this board who got the white bundle, we both have issues with it. Three if you count my second defective unit.

Amazon didn't even ask me what was wrong with it.

Just told me to ship it to the "soon to be refurbished PS4 warehouse".

and yet........I don't have any problems with my PS4.

maybe you and Baneful really did get unlucky, especially with that White bundle.

That is really bizarre. But others are reporting this exact same problem, and none of them seem to have a solution. It seems to be the console. The way it transmits the signal.

What the hell is the world coming to when Microsoft makes the most reliable console?
So you gonna tell me I've owned 2 Ps4s with Bluetooth issues? Shoddy job, sony, if it is true.
With the loud disc drive, and analog stick shredding/tearing, and the freezing, and my lovely lag input issue, I think it's safe to say the Ps4 at least 2 years in, is the less reliable console. I'm pretty sure way back in the day the same could've been said about the Ps2.
but really, Baneful, that IS a weird problem.

maybe it is your console?

is there any way you can return/exchange your white console?
Bro, how can it be the Ps4? That would mean i had 2 Ps4s with bad Bluetooth connectivity, which is possible, but that also has to mean it is somewhat widespread. And sony should be addressing it. There's no official statement from sony about this like there was about the loud disc drives.

So if I spoke to best buy about it, I'm not sure they'd be willing to help. Plus, like you know, I'm up to my neck in the amount of studying I need to do, so I don't want to have to deal with negative externalities like this. I'd rather my damn console stop having issues!!!

I dunno about that man, the 360 rrod straight up bricked the console, and at it's peak, happened 53.6% of the time which essentially meant that 1 in 2 360s failed. LOL. We would've already started seeing something like that if the Ps4 is destined to even come close to being as bad with hardware reliability as the 360 was.

And lol @ being on a first name basis with Amazon. Bro your situation sucked, but honestly after reading about it in your posts all this time, it is pretty funny, haha

Baneful, I wish I could help you more, but I don't really know what else to suggest.

I know you're busy studying and how frustrating the situation is.

your console is probably outside of Best Buy's return period. but, I suppose, you could always try to take it down and explain the situation to them and see if they'd let you exchange it. when you have free time, of course.

or, you could just try to ride it out and hope Sony patches the issue, if they ever do.

or just cut your losses and sell/trade in the thing and get an X1 later.

You have a manufacturer's warranty. Use it. Sony must get a bad PS4 every minute.

Best Buy's exchange policy is 30 days. But if you raise hell, they might do it anyway.

You have a manufacturer's warranty. Use it. Sony must get a bad PS4 every minute.

Best Buy's exchange policy is 30 days. But if you raise hell, they might do it anyway.

but isn't it more of a hassle to deal directly with Sony? and won't they just send you a used one?

but, yeah, you do have a 1 year manufacturer's warranty, I believe.

Hell, they'll probably send you my PS4.

hah!

Baneful, I wish I could help you more, but I don't really know what else to suggest.

I know you're busy studying and how frustrating the situation is.

your console is probably outside of Best Buy's return period. but, I suppose, you could always try to take it down and explain the situation to them and see if they'd let you exchange it. when you have free time, of course.

or, you could just try to ride it out and hope Sony patches the issue, if they ever do.

or just cut your losses and sell/trade in the thing and get an X1 later.
It's all good x, I know you've said everything you've thought of. It was your suggestion with my first white dualshock 4 that made go to best buy to get it replaced in the first place.

Maybe after this second wave of midterms passes by I'll have a chat with best buy. But I really want to get this crap off my mind.

And yes, it will be a sad day for me if I get rid of my playstation to get an xbone, since it'll be saying bye to uncharted and LBP and possibly even tekken coz it looks as though that may be exclusive, but there's a good and bad thing in every situation. I'll have an xbone and hopefully finally enjoy halo for what it is.

I just want to be able to PLAY my games and I can't do that properly with this lag. So I don't wanna deal with Ps4 if the problem persists.

Really? You think that'd work? Maybe.

And what's the difference between the manufacturer warranty and the warranty you pay for?
Hell, they'll probably send you my PS4.
AHAHAH you'sa funny guy, thundercrack, I wish you'd accept my friend request

Last edited:
Baneful, did you pay for an extended warranty (Geek Squad protection) at Best Buy?

if so, then you should be covered for at least 2 years. so, I'd definitely let BB deal with the issue of replacing the PS4.

if you didn't get the extended warranty, then I believe you only have 15 days to return an item at BB ( it's 30 only if you are an Elite My Best Buy member ).

so, your only warranty then would be the manufacturer warrant, which I believe is 1 year. and you'd have to contact/deal with Sony directly to try to get your PS4 fixed.

but again. stop worrying about this and focus on studying!! :cwink:

Looks like it is 15 days (did they change that?).

I would at least give it a try. You're asking for an exchange, not a return.

If you actually have the warranty from Best Buy, then they should at least try to fix your console. What does the warranty cover? I never bother with non-manufacturer warranties, so I am not familiar with them.

Dealing with Sony is a pain in the ass, but you didn't spend 450 dollars to get a console that doesn't work properly. They owe you a functioning console.

Funny, I've never had a single problem with mine, nor know anyone with a defective white one. Of course when you search for it on the internet you will find exactly what you are looking for. If it was as widespread there probably would be bigger articles such as there was with the RROD.

Superheroes go breaking, bad in PlayStation show Powers

(40 minutes ago)

powers.jpg

[YT]P02QmncDOzM[/YT]

Powers
, a Sony Pictures Television-produced adaptation of the comic of the same name by Brian Michael Bendis (Ultimate Spider-Man) and Michael Avon Oeming (Judge Dredd), has been given its first trailer. And judging by the footage, these aren't your wisecracking, happy-go-lucky superheroes. See for yourself after the break - but you might want to keep the volume down if there are kids around, as there's quite a few drops of the F-bomb.

Powers revolves around the lives of Christian Walker and Deena Pilgrim, two homicide detectives whose cases focus on individuals with superhuman abilities - collectively known as "powers." Walker himself once was a power, but lost his abilities and had them replaced with a badge. As he ponders in the trailer: "The f*** am I supposed to do with that?" (See? Told you about that F-bomb thing.)

The series, which has 10 episodes in development, will air exclusively on the PlayStation Network. Every PSN account holder will get access to the first episode for free, while those who subscribe to PlayStation Plus will be able to view the entire first season. The show stars Sharlto Copley as Walker, Susan Heyward as Pilgrim, and Eddie Izzard as the villainous Wolfe.
Continue Reading

via:Joystiq
source: PlayStation Blog

Sucks to hear people are having a problem with the system and thinking about switching to the Xbone. Mine works great and I have 2 controllers, never had a problem. My buddy just got one and his works fine as well as my manager who is cracked out on Destiny

Well I was going to get a Bone anyway. This just sped up the process.

I think I will revisit the PS4 once they make a new model that works out all the bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"