Spider-Man (PS4) - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard this too.
But I did hear that we would get Spider-Man this year from someone at Sony (I think), so i'm not holding my breath.
Word from the CEO should be a finalized decision, so there is reason to have more confidence.

Here's the article/interview from the Telegraph with Shawn Layden around E3 this year.
“And that's the nature of game development. No, I feel the lineup we have coming into the holidays this year - and GT will launch in the fall - I don't know if you got to go to the pre-show [hands on event for media]? Well GT was heavily represented there on the floor. We think there is a lot of attention around that title from our company. And the stuff coming in 2018, all of that is coming in the first half of the year, so. Is it in the next 12 to 13 months? Most likely. So.”

www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/what-to-...ions-shawn-layden-death-stranding-spider-man/

If I'm to be honest: I think we get another trailer (maybe with a new villain) at PSX, but we don't see any free roam stuff for a little while. I honestly don't think this game comes out till Fall either. We probably get our first REAL look at free roam, if my gut is correct, at E3.

BUT.

I could be wrong. Hoping I am.

If it's some crummy villain trailer I will leave a flaming bag of poo at Insomniac's front door

But seriously, their last E3 presentation had a lukewarm reception and they know it. If they have any salesmanship we will get better gameplay footage this time

I’m trying to see some free roam and how the web slinging works. Hopefully that’s what they release.

Here's Shuhei Yoshida President of Sony World Wide Studios talking about Spider-Man with Greg Miller.

@2:35:52
[YT]tnCbI51JpAM[/YT]

Doesn't talk about it for long but he repeats something he said in an obscure interview back when they showed it at E3. So just more confirmation that the gameplay during the story missions isn't entirely scripted since it can be done in a number of ways.

So I just got here and there’s just photo ops. No gameplay. Bummer

Last edited:
New BTS video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqOJX1hLFxI&t=0s

Sadly not much new but we do get a little extension of the swinging clip.

I think this is it, guys.

PSX is one Last of Us II panel away from being over for today and then tomorrow has no schedule which I imagine means no big announcements.

So barring some major surprise tomorrow: It looks like i was wrong...in the worst way.

so is there a firm release date? If there are gameplay problems and bugs to be worked out, fine, but just "2018" is rather vague.

I hope that this game ends up being satisfying for spider-fans the way that the Arkham series was for Batman fans.

is there a rundown of the power stunts available?

Will there be downloadable content? New add-on villains? new stages/campaigns? Costumes?

who are the bad guys besides Mr. Negative?

There's this limited edition trading card at PSX too:

DQtEROvV4AAS7XU.jpg:large

so is there a firm release date? If there are gameplay problems and bugs to be worked out, fine, but just "2018" is rather vague.

I hope that this game ends up being satisfying for spider-fans the way that the Arkham series was for Batman fans.

is there a rundown of the power stunts available?

Will there be downloadable content? New add-on villains? new stages/campaigns? Costumes?

who are the bad guys besides Mr. Negative?

None of that has been answered. Except for costumes which apparently there will be many of.

Wow. That was rather anticlimactic...
I didn't really have any big wishes. Only wanted a release date.

Wow. That was rather anticlimactic...
I didn't really have any big wishes. Only wanted a release date.

PSX this year was just full of disappointments, imo.

It was all VR demos and indie games, which is fine, but last year was like a mini-E3 so it's a bit of step back. The Last of Us 2 had an hour long panel with the cast and crew and the most we got was minor story teases, some art, and then told to wait until E3. For God of War they just gave us a Playstation theme! That game supposedly comes out in less than 6 months and they didn't even show anything!

I assume it's because they gave us a bunch at Paris Games Week. But I could've sworn they would've saved stuff for their own event! Very strange.

So when you swing into a wall Spidey starts automatically running up the wall. That's ok I guess, but I don't hand too much hand holding. the less automated the better

And about PSX, I don't understand why they wouldn't get new gameplay out. It's like Insomniac became insecure after E3, they wont show straight up gameplay but they will talk about how they're constantly improving it

Last edited:
So when you swing into a wall Spidey starts automatically running up the wall. That's ok I guess, but I don't hand too much hand holding. the less automated the better

Sounds like it's probably the same system as the Beenox games where wall running is the same button as swinging. Unless they have a dedicated parkour button you have to hold. Either way, it doesn't sound difficult, no.

And about PSX, I don't understand why they wouldn't get new gameplay out. It's like Insomniac became insecure after E3, they wont show straight up gameplay but they will talk about how they're constantly improving it

I wouldn't say that. We don't know how finished this game really is. What we see looks good but that's because that's what they're showing. They may not have anything they feel ready to show. They are making it a point that they are constantly improving and tweaking the swinging, so i doubt they consider it worth seeing. They have a release schedule and they're sticking to it.

I had a feeling that they wouldn't show us gameplay at PSX because of the way Bryan said "We'll get to the free roam eventually" in the livestream following the new trailer. If it was PSX (only 2 or 3 weeks away at this point), I think he would've said "soon" not "eventually". Still strange they almost completely dodged PSX though. I was pretty certain for at least a little something...not a second and a half of an extended swinging clip :p

Oh well. Less than a year now.

The line for merchandise was really long but I managed to get the T-shirt which is cool.

Spidey is front and center on the limited edition cover to this month's Playstation Magazine UK, although that doesn't mean much considering it's really about 2018, but maybe new info? Screenshots even.

The drawing of Spidey's chest is making me wonder: artistic stylization...or is he wearing armor? Is the white spider really to attract attention to his most armored area?

DQ-voqiU8AEE6wC.jpg:large

Last edited:
That's cool.

I dunno, I thought it's a good guess that the reason the white spider is there is cause it's protected and if people are gonna shoot at him- shoot there. That just makes sense to me for a game where you're probably gonna have goons shooting at you a lot and missing dodges sometimes.

That's cool.

I dunno, I thought it's a good guess that the reason the white spider is there is cause it's protected and if people are gonna shoot at him- shoot there. That just makes sense to me for a game where you're probably gonna have goons shooting at you a lot and missing dodges sometimes.

Frank Miller used it as the reason for the yellow oval around Batman's logo in The Dark Knight Returns, which is where I (and I'm assuming Insomniac, if this is true) got the idea.

Plus, his suit already HAS armor, so it's not that out there. His knuckles and forearms are armored as well as his heels. I think it works, imo

That's a really cool cover, and wow Spidey front and center!

Saw this on the Spider-Man reddit. Funko Pop seem to be making a Spidey PS4 figure?

All the other figures are from video games so it has to be Spider-Man PS4.
zba52b72j3401.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/Spiderman/..._pop_video_game_spiderman_preorder_sku_dated/

Looks like it's probably a San Diego Comic Con Exclusive going by the end of the product name. Which, if it is, this game isn't coming out until after July.

EDIT: Nevermind. It's SD3/1. Thought it said SDC when I typed that comment. No idea what SD means, but I'm assuming 3/1 is in reference to the release date below it (which i just saw lol). Wonder what makes it exclusive...

Looks like it's probably a San Diego Comic Con Exclusive going by the end of the product name. Which, if it is, this game isn't coming out until after July.

EDIT: Nevermind. It's SD3/1. Thought it said SDC when I typed that comment. No idea what SD means, but I'm assuming 3/1 is in reference to the release date below it (which i just saw lol). Wonder what makes it exclusive...

The Reddit post said it's a GameStop exclusive, but I don't know where they got that info from?

That screen shot is of a GameStop register, so probably the employee who uploaded it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"