Spider-Man (PS4) - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Betty Brant really such an interesting character that she couldn't be substituted by a new depiction of MJ?

Is Reporter MJ really going to be all that interesting of a character? It looks to me like they basically transformed MJ into Betty Brant for this game. What would've been the difference if they just used Betty Brant?

Is Reporter MJ really going to be all that interesting of a character? It looks to me like they basically transformed MJ into Betty Brant for this game. What would've been the difference if they just used Betty Brant?
We haven't really seen anything about her character other than her job though? She can still be 100% MJ but a reporter.

To me it looks more like a Lois Lane inspired MJ than repackaged Betty Brant. And I miss the visual iconography of Spider-man and Mary Jane.

Really overall I'm digging the approach a lot that this isn't just the 616 universe but Insomniac's own thing. I can easily accept MJ in a Lois Lane archetype cause to me it's an exciting direction. Even if it kinda steps on a character like Betty Brant

Last edited:
Pretty sure she's into journalism in the Ultimate, when that universe existed.

Pretty sure she's into journalism in the Ultimate, when that universe existed.

^^ That's correct. She tried to work at the Bugle, too. Probably where the idea came from.

Also, during the livestream, Bryan referred to her numerous times as "our MJ" so I'm sure she's a recreation of the character entirely.

So if Spider-Man is at PSX what are you folks hoping to see? I would love to see some open world gameplay of Spidey just doing some side missions and then maybe he could go to a story mission.

Come on Playstation, strike while the Infinity War hype is hot!

More than any previews, I would like a release date. I want to know when I should start getting hyped.

So if Spider-Man is at PSX what are you folks hoping to see? I would love to see some open world gameplay of Spidey just doing some side missions and then maybe he could go to a story mission.

As do I, just seeing how the mechanics of swinging around look like.

I would like a release date and just a few minutes of Spider-Man webbing his way around.

I would like to see more of their engine at work.

I hope we see old Spider-Man games on PS4. I have bought some PS2 games on PS4 and they look a little bit better because of HD. Spider-Man 2 and Ultimate Spider-Man would be awesome. Ultimate is more likely because they don't have to deal with movie rights. Sony has said in the past that they are checking #ps2ps4 hashtag on Twitter so I think we should tweet to them.

Last edited:
I hope we see old Spider-Man games on PS4. I have bought some PS2 games on PS4 and they look a little bit better because of HD. Spider-Man 2 and Ultimate Spider-Man would be awesome. Ultimate is more likely because they don't have to deal with movie rights. Sony has said in the past that they are checking #ps2ps4 hashtag on Twitter so I think we should tweet to them.
They don't seem to be selling any previous games prior to Shattered Dimensions on Steam, so since they are not willing to port games from PS2 era and earlier I doubt they are welling to sell PS2 titles on PS4 or XBox 1.

They really gotta bring it this time. 8-10 minutes of full gameplay with the improved mechanics. I want to see swinging/acrobatics, combat, and Manhattan. maybe an extra 3 minutes of Peter Parker gameplay if they can manage

They really gotta bring it this time. 8-10 minutes of full gameplay with the improved mechanics. I want to see swinging/acrobatics, combat, and Manhattan. maybe an extra 3 minutes of Peter Parker gameplay if they can manage

Co-signed. I really want to see more of it.

Just give us a release date already.

Last edited:

I really want to see some free roam with swinging and showing what can be done outside missions, I just want a game that recaptures that feeling I had when I played Spider-Man 2 and Ultimate Spider-Man on Gamecube, where just swinging around Manhattan stopping random crimes and saving people was as fun as the actual missions in the game.

I really want to see some free roam with swinging and showing what can be done outside missions, I just want a game that recaptures that feeling I had when I played Spider-Man 2 and Ultimate Spider-Man on Gamecube, where just swinging around Manhattan stopping random crimes and saving people was as fun as the actual missions in the game.
I'd love to have that fantastic free roam experience again, and something much more fun than the highly entertaining Mysterio, Shocker, and Black Cat missions from Spider-Man 2.

As long as we get a release date at PSX i'll be happy. Actually just a confirmation that it will be Q2 (April, May or June) will suffice.
Just so I can get my mind off of this and focus on my studies. :hmr:

Last edited:
If I'm to be honest: I think we get another trailer (maybe with a new villain) at PSX, but we don't see any free roam stuff for a little while. I honestly don't think this game comes out till Fall either. We probably get our first REAL look at free roam, if my gut is correct, at E3.

BUT.

I could be wrong. Hoping I am.

Shawn Layden (CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment America) said that every game shown at E3 with 2018 on the end was coming out in the first half of the year. Days Gone didn't have that but God of War and Spider-Man did. So make of that what you will.

God of War (March)

Spider-Man (April, May, June) is my bet.

Shawn Layden (CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment America) said that every game shown at E3 with 2018 on the end was coming out in the first half of the year. Days Gone didn't have that but God of War and Spider-Man did. So make of that what you will.

God of War (March)

I thought that was just some kind of rumor or something didn't think it was said.

God of War (March)

I heard this too.
But I did hear that we would get Spider-Man this year from someone at Sony (I think), so i'm not holding my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"