Strange New Worlds Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - General Discussion Thread

Every video for this is getting downvoted like crazy on YT. Personally, it looks incredibly fun to me, but I can understand others feeling differently. But the just feels... let's say strange.

the intro

My only real issue is that the theme is too quiet. You need to make it a real fanfare kind of deal.

Every video for this is getting downvoted like crazy on YT. Personally, it looks incredibly fun to me, but I can understand others feeling differently. But the just feels... let's say strange.

Given the "consensus" on modern trek, not that surprising.

Given the "consensus" on modern trek, not that surprising.
I will say, while I enjoyed a lot of the first two seasons of Discovery, I haven't had the desire to continue it. Picard, I got halfway through the first season. Blah.

But Lower Decks is awesome and this looks like the Trek I have been waiting for. An old school space exploration romp.

Is the fanbase in general really negative towards it all?

I will say, while I enjoyed a lot of the first two seasons of Discovery, I haven't had the desire to continue it. Picard, I got halfway through the first season. Blah.

But Lower Decks is awesome and this looks like the Trek I have been waiting for. An old school space exploration romp.

Is the fanbase in general really negative towards it all?

There is a reason I put consensus in quotes.

Think of it like this, it is post buy out Star Wars, but there hasn't been a Mandalorian type hit yet. (Even if Lower Decks is the god damn best thing on Paramount+)

I like the opening for Strange New Worlds, along with narration.

Here's an introductory inside look at Strange New Worlds if it isn't posted already.

I like the visuals of the title sequence (way better than Discovery & Picard's), but I'm bummed that Nami Melumad didn't do it along with the rest of her score. I wonder if she'll work it into any of the episodes.

The only new Trek show I've enjoyed has been Lower Decks, but I'm actually looking forward to this one. The fact that it's yet another prequel is disappointing, but I'm glad were getting an episodic, optimistic show about exploration.

Haven't seen lower decks is it good? Seemed like it was for kids so I passed on it.

I am hoping this is good. If you combine all the Star Trek shows they still haven't explored the whole galaxy. This means they can go wherever they want and do whatever they want. Since this show is set in TOS era that means they have even more room to explore. I think they have hindered themselves already though by including characters from The original series who they didn't need to. Pike, Spock and number 1 we know served together, everyone else should have been new characters. We know who will survive out of all these characters, unless they completely change the timeline. Anyway I have seen some good and bad already in all these clips, not to mention the team working on the show. I am still hoping for the best.

I hope that the show comes back for Season 3 as well.
I am Very Excited for Strange New Worlds.

The trailers and that intro looks really good IMHO, but still:

Please let this be decently good enough close to the classic Trek-shows. Please let this be decently good enough close to the classic Trek-shows. Please let this be decently good enough close to the classic Trek-shows. Please let this be decently good enough close to the classic Trek-shows. Please let this ... yeah. :D :ST:

Seriously though, I somehow forgot to check out Lower Decks even though the trailers looked fine. I have to look into that.

Haven't seen lower decks is it good? Seemed like it was for kids so I passed on it.
It's fine enough. It's better than the other CBS Trek shows, but that's a bit of a backhanded complement given how bad Picard and Discovery are. My biggest issue with the show is that it doesn't do anything new; it's just references and nostalgia. It hits that same middle ground as The Orville where it's not funny enough to be satire, but also not dramatic or innovative enough to stand on its own.

All that said it's still a fun romp, and it's the first new Star Trek media I've enjoyed since Enterprise went off the air. If you're willing to sit through Picard I say give Lower Decks a shot. It even has cameos from a couple of the TNG crew.

Yeah, the jokes miss as much as they land, It’s fun, but the writing could be funnier. The first season starts off very badly, but the second season gets much better.

This seems to be getting good reviews from what I've seen. I haven't seen the other Trek shows, but I might check this out. Chris Fisher (Person of Interest) is the producing director.

This seems to be getting good reviews from what I've seen. I haven't seen the other Trek shows, but I might check this out. Chris Fisher (Person of Interest) is the producing director.

Only a dozen or so reviews in. But, yeah, they're all positive so far.

I wonder what rating it gets from Rotten Tomatoes.

I wonder if there's a love triangle between Spock, Nurse Chapel, and T' Pring. Don't forget Dr. Leila Kalomi as she has history with Spock.

Yeah, the jokes miss as much as they land, It’s fun, but the writing could be funnier. The first season starts off very badly, but the second season gets much better.
I tried it, but I stopped at episode 3 because the female lead was so loud and obnoxious. I'll try season 2 and see if I like it.

I tried it, but I stopped at episode 3 because the female lead was so loud and obnoxious. I'll try season 2 and see if I like it.
My favorite episode of the series is the second to last of season 2, wej Duj. Beyond that, I honestly don't remember the specifics of most of the show. The zany, profane antics all kinda bleed together, especially since the plots are basically just a remix of TOS & TNG episodes. I'm honestly kinda surprised by how much of the style isn't just TNG, but also the TOS animated series (the cat doctor, for instance). TNG was dry and cerebral, and Lower Decks is anything but that.

Wait, so Picard is bad? All my friends who are TNG fans love it, so it’s surprising to hear that people here don’t like it. I was never a TNG guy so I haven’t checked it out yet.

Yeah unfortunately. It started really strong this season but the writing just got worse and worse. They also seemed to have a smaller budget than the first, which made everything looked cheap. There was a car chase that was basically just closed ups lol

Yeah unfortunately. It started really strong this season but the writing just got worse and worse. They also seemed to have a smaller budget than the first, which made everything looked cheap. There was a car chase that was basically just closed ups lol

Yeesh, that’s disappointing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"