The Bad Batch Star Wars: The Bad Batch - Season 1 (Spoiler Discussion)

I dont believe Crosshair. He may believe the chip was removed, but its still effecting him or in his head. One possibility I can think of is Tarkin fried the chip so bad that it cooked the programing into his actual brain so removing the chip won't change anything.

I just dont buy that the mustache twirling Crosahair is 100% original Crosshair, because its such a night and day departure from his pre-66 personality.

And I still can't believe that the Kaminoans put all their resources and facilities on Kamino. The Kaminoans are too intelligent, too secretive, and capable of hyperspace travel. No way they'd put all their eggs in one basket. Hopefully we'll get a Kaminoan revenge arc. Id love to see the Kaminoans breed and clone an army of super soldiers and wreck part of the Empire.

Last edited:
I dont believe Crosshair. He may believe the chip was removed, but its still effecting him or in his head. One possibility I can think of is Tarkin fried the chip so bad that it cooked the programing into his actual brain so removing the chip won't change anything.

I just dont buy that the mustache twirling Crosahair is 100% original Crosshair, because its such a night and day departure from his pre-66 personality.

And I still can't believe that the Kaminoans put all their resources and facilities on Kamino. The Kaminoans are too intelligent, too secretive, and capable of hyperspace travel. No way they'd put all their eggs in one basket. Hopefully we'll get a Kaminoan revenge arc. Id love to see the Kaminoans breed and clone an army of super soldiers and wreck part of the Empire.
Crosshair at the very least has some sort of brainwashing going on, I'm guessing the chip got removed (assuming he isn't either lying or been misled) after he got cooked by the Venator engine. I definitely agree the Kaminoans aren't finished yet, they left Nala Se alive for a reason, and that doctor in Mando S1 had a Kamino emblem on his shoulder.

How could Crosshair not have a chip? Didn't we see the Empire put him in a medical coma where they strengthened the signal of his inhibitor chip?

And he started acting differently right away. Yeah.... definitely more to this story.

“We usually don’t work with Regs.”
“If your plans are so good, why did Commander Cody call us in?

—Crosshair, Clone Wars, Season 7, The Bad Batch Arc

This isn’t some sudden thing of him going “mustache twirling villain”. He has always had that air of supremacy towards regular clones and others he deemed beneath him since his character was first introduced. It’s just that with the advent of the Empire, it came more to the forefront because their tenets already sort of jived with his own philosophy of being “superior”, and also because he thought his team abandoned him.

It’s kind of like how White Supremacists, Neo-Nazis and Alt-Rights became more emboldened when Trump became “POTUS”. These people didn’t suddenly switch on a dime out of nowhere. That mindset was always there. They just felt secure in that political climate and didn’t feel the need to hide it anymore, and could express it more openly.

Now, when did Crosshair make the choice himself and have the chip removed? I don’t know. What matters, in the end, is that he ultimately made the choice of his volition, based on his own viewpoint and experiences. The Inhibitor Chip just nudged him out of the door and gave him the excuse he needed.

Last edited:
How could Crosshair not have a chip? Didn't we see the Empire put him in a medical coma where they strengthened the signal of his inhibitor chip?

And he started acting differently right away. Yeah.... definitely more to this story.

I think the chip may have been damaged or destroyed when he caught a face full of Star Destroyer engine thrust.

Good finale. I did suspect that they were going to go with that twist after they removed the chip, but they just skipped to the good part. Kind of curious what part 2 will be like, since part 1 was a good finales on its own.

A small prediction for next week. Considering the similarities between the first season of the Bad Batch and Rebels, I feel like there is a good chance the final character we see this season is Vader. Leading into perhaps the Batch running into him during his Jedi hunts next season. An outside chance of an Inquisitor and Thrawn. The latter I can see just for the connective tissue to the happenings in the Mandoverse.

I think the chip may have been damaged or destroyed when he caught a face full of Star Destroyer engine thrust.

Good finale. I did suspect that they were going to go with that twist after they removed the chip, but they just skipped to the good part. Kind of curious what part 2 will be like, since part 1 was a good finales on its own.

Easy line fix to all of this:

"My chip was destroyed when you fired an engine on me!"

Last edited:
A small prediction for next week. Considering the similarities between the first season of the Bad Batch and Rebels, I feel like there is a good chance the final character we see this season is Vader. Leading into perhaps the Batch running into him during his Jedi hunts next season. An outside chance of an Inquisitor and Thrawn. The latter I can see just for the connective tissue to the happenings in the Mandoverse.
I wouldn't expect to see Thrawn unless the Bad Batch goes outside Imperial territory for some reason. This shortly after the Clone Wars I think Thrawn would still formally be with the Chiss Ascendancy, but later seasons might be able to work in lieutenant Thrawn somehow. The beginning of the Inquisitors is absolutely something I expect them to address though.

Last edited:
I'm really hoping they go this route to make the Clone Rebellion canon. With loose threads like Howzer and Nala Se, it definitely seems like that could be in the cards. And the devastation after that could be the crux that sends Rex and co. into "exile."

Episode 16 aka the Season 1 Finale: Kamino Lost

And they were singin', bye-bye, Kamino guys
Drove my the marauder to the spaceport, but the spaceport was dry
And them good ol' boys were drinkin' blue milk and corellian wine
Singin', "This'll be the day that I die
This'll be the day that I die
"

S4uuKoz.gif

Last edited:
I was sure AZ was going to bite it. But then two hype as **** moments followed, back-to-back, and I need a cigarette.
Seriously. My brother, Snow and I were getting so pissed. They set it up so obviously. We all cheered, and probably woke up two different neighborhoods. :funny:

I now christen him, Crosshair the Redeemed!

1e7eae0d0c7045c75aa31f3403c70afe.png

I love mopey, *****y Crosshair. He sucks so much. I love him.

I was sure AZ was going to bite it. But then two hype as **** moments followed, back-to-back, and I need a cigarette.
I was gonna kill someone if they brought AZI back just to hurt me like that. But no, awesome, seems I get what I wanted in the pilot: AZI joining them on the ship.

The past two weeks were much better, but this felt like another episode preserving the status quo. Ignoring all the cameos, this season hasn't really moved forward that much. A friend of mine who has watched both Rebels and Clone Wars on repeat for years, stopped watching this 4/5 weeks ago and is binging all episodes this week.

That said, good to see the beginnings of Palpatine's cloning program that Perhsing is involved with in Mandalorian, which eventually builds towards the First Order with the Grogu stuff and stand-casts like Snoke.

The past two weeks were much better, but this felt like another episode preserving the status quo. Ignoring all the cameos, this season hasn't really moved forward that much. A friend of mine who has watched both Rebels and Clone Wars on repeat for years, stopped watching this 4/5 weeks ago and is binging all episodes this week.

That said, good to see the beginnings of Palpatine's cloning program that Perhsing is involved with in Mandalorian, which eventually builds towards the First Order with the Grogu stuff and stand-casts like Snoke.
I disagree on this keeping the status quo. I mean, they just wiped out one of the most important locations in Star Wars history, and told us a lot about Crosshair. It was like the most literal, "let the past die" reference. Plus finally AZ is joining the crew!

I disagree on this keeping the status quo. I mean, they just wiped out one of the most important locations in Star Wars history
We already knew they would last episode though.

and told us a lot about Crosshair
Who is still in the same place and not joining them. No real additional reveals about him this episode.

Plus finally AZ is joining the crew!
That one is a plus at least, but aside from Kamino being gone they are still on the run, separated from Crosshair, and having to lay low, same as Episode 2 of this season. That said, the Mando / Sequel stuff could be interesting going forward and we'll see what they do with that in Season 2 as well. A Grogu appearance is now even more likely.

Overall this season was a dud. Bad pacing, way too much filler, and just not very interesting. This season needs an editor with a hatchet to turn it into a lean fast paced thriller.

The characters and gorgeous animation really saved it from being a complete write off.

Overall this season was a dud. Bad pacing, way too much filler, and just not very interesting. This season needs an editor with a hatchet to turn it into a lean fast paced thriller.

The characters and gorgeous animation really saved it from being a complete write off.
Yeah I did like the characters, visuals and animations, but overall it feels like the show had a lot more promise than what we eventually got.

I liked it overall but I agree there was a little too much filler throughout the season. For example, I felt that the Hera 2-parter could have been condensed to one episode.

Strongly disagree. But then again I enjoyed the “filler” episodes.

Rebels was really bad at filler. At least this show, it was much more entertaining. But these characters are better which helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"