The Bad Batch Star Wars: The Bad Batch - Season 1 (Spoiler Discussion)

DarthSkywalker

Your Most Aggro Pal (he/him)
Reaction score
Here we go again!

jJyIxxd.jpg

- So I loved that pilot. Intriguing new plot, another great look at Order 66, and the return of my boys Kanan and AZI!

- Kanan finally has a proper version of his lightsaber. I was very embarrassing during that scene. :funny:

- I love how Tarkin went from looking kind of like a decently young dude, to old man Tarkin in like 1 years of "real time". :hehe:

- Crosshair's predicament ended up being a lot more heartbreaking then even I was expecting.

- Omega is adorable.

- Saw continues to be unintentionally hilarious.

- I need me a Loth cat doll.

I am so excited for Thursday night. :D

LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT.

Never really got into the Clone Wars series so it was nice it started at Order 66 as a jumping off point.

The Bad Batch are a nice varied mix of characters, Hunter, Echo, Wrecker & Co are all very different and have their own personalities and loyalties and have a really good team chemistry and even splits within the camp, not all black and white which makes it all the more interesting already going forward. Now sure how I will cope with shorter episodes but this was really well done and paced.

Its up there with The Mandalorian in terms of a good start to a Star Wars series and with many more characters its going to be a fun ride and also not being Jedi centric shows what can be done.

When do we get the live action version of these guys is my only question now. :funny::funny:

Yay more "good" Star Wars.

Good pilot. Much more of a straight-up continuation of Clone Wars S7 than I was expecting, but I'm certainly not complaining, as that was already pretty much peak Star Wars for me. Looking forward to seeing the transition from Republic to Empire, Clones to Stormtroopers, and of course the very beginnings of the Rebellion. The setting here is just as interesting to me as the characters, if not more so. :up:

Good pilot. Much more of a straight-up continuation of Clone Wars S7 than I was expecting, but I'm certainly not complaining, as that was already pretty much peak Star Wars for me. Looking forward to seeing the transition from Republic to Empire, Clones to Stormtroopers, and of course the very beginnings of the Rebellion. The setting here is just as interesting to me as the characters, if not more so. :up:

Yeah, the Bad Batch arc of Clone Wars didn't do a whole lot for me, so my expectations were tempered going into this episode. But the time period, and the squad being used as a first-hand perspective for the transition of the Republic into the Empire, is something really exciting for me. And after watching the episode, I have to say I liked the squad a lot more than I expected. They were a lot less one-note here. I haven't even watched the trailers for this show, so I have no idea what's coming, but I am looking forward to the next episode.

Tech out here just calling out the trailers in regard to Omega. "I thought it was obvious". I laughed.

Wrecker definitely grew on me in the pilot vs the Bad Batch Clone Wars arc.

For a moment there, I thought Crosshairs was going to have a proto-Death Trooper armor there at the end. Still, the version of Stormtrooper armor is pretty cool.

Nice to see Kanan again, and even see Depa Billaba. They did a good job of making Freddie Prince Jr sound younger.

Should be a fun show.

While I liked the Squad 99 well enough in their first adventure, they definitely suffered from being broadly written caricatures for Rex to play off of, especially after they rewrote the tale to focus on Rex. They are so much better written here and I am glad they are winning others over. I really enjoyed the kids of the GFFA being little fans of them.

Last edited:
So this is top notch. I didn't like the Bad Batch much in their arc as it seems many here didn't, but yeah like everyone said they won me over on them here. Toss in some fun Clone Wars and Rebels guest stars, intriguing new mysteries, and this episode is a winner to me. I actually went back and watched a chunk earlier today. It's just really good stuff, I had a smile on my face and I'm thrilled to see the next one.

Have you ever heard the tragedy of AZI-345211896246498721347? I thought not. It's not a story a Kaminoan would tell you.

Can someone who already watch this give me an advice if I should watch this?

I really like the original trilogy and a fan of Mandalorian but the sequels and prequels are kind of meeeh for me, I didnt watch the Clone Wars show and not very interested in the lore of Star Wars at all.

What a great pilot episode. Order 66, Kana and Depa, Kamino, Tarkin, Saw. Just so good. Really love the way the group is being portrayed so far. Omega is awesome. Very excited for the next episode.

I really like the original trilogy and a fan of Mandalorian but the sequels and prequels are kind of meeeh for me, I didnt watch the Clone Wars show and not very interested in the lore of Star Wars at all.
If you liked the Mando, I think you will enjoy this.

Honestly, if you haven't watched Clone Wars (or at least the last two seasons), I don't think you'll get much out of this. Especially if you're not that interested in prequel lore.

Oh and before I miss out. Happy May the 4th everyone!

GOAT JEDI Kanan (well Caleb) cameo, **** yes.

Honestly, if you haven't watched Clone Wars (or at least the last two seasons), I don't think you'll get much out of this. Especially if you're not that interested in prequel lore.

Yeah this is very much a thematically similar show to Clone Wars and basically like a continuation of that show. Just from Bad Batch's perspective.

FYI for some cast list stuff:

Ian McDiarmid returned as Palpatine
Archie Panjabi voiced Depa Billaba
Andrew Kishino was young Saw Gerrera
Bob Bergen as Lama Su
Gwendoline Yeo as Nala Se
Stephen Stanton as Tarkin
Ben Diskin as AZI-3

Banger of a pilot. Great cameos. J-23...I mean Omega seems like a good character so far.

Though I am curious was the scope of the story will be?

Like I kinda feel that Crosshairs hunting them down is going to get old fast. And at the same time I feel like its way to early to see another "proto-rebellion" rebellion story.

- I love how Tarkin went from looking kind of like a decently young dude, to old man Tarkin in like 1 years of "real time". :hehe:
That could be a real thing, if he's a product of some other clone line.

Like I kinda feel that Crosshairs hunting them down is going to get old fast.
I think it'll be more of a rescue mission, the other way around. Tarkin, of course, will be happy to use Crosshairs as bait.

Just got around to watch the premiere and I loved it! The animation looks so much better compared to Clone Wars

Really love the Clone Force 99 crew and Omega is a nice addition to the crew

It was cool to see Kanan and Saw Gerrera make an appearance as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"