The Bad Batch Star Wars: The Bad Batch - Season 1 (Spoiler Discussion)

Episode 2: Cut and Run

Old friends, not forgotten:

qcgrI3K.gif

Last edited:
So I really, really liked that episode as well.

- Seeing Cut and his family again, especially with this animation, was a nice treat. Everyone looked like an actual person!

- Omega pulls on the heart strings. For some she will be too adorable, but not for me. The kid and her big brown eyes melt my Sith heart.

- I love the general swiftness in which the Empire has moved to smoke out deserters, missing Jedi and those that don't agree to joining them. It's the kind of forward thought I would expect from Sheev.

- I think tonight was the first time we have seen the 99 kill fellow clones. That is going to haunt them.

- I can't wait for the Stormies to show up. Seeing them side by side with the clones. You have to think it will be soon. They are trying to rule an entire galaxy, so conscription is going to be in play and fast.

- On and I will probably say this a lot, but I love, love, love the crews armors. So unique and form fitting. Right up there with Vader for me.

Yeah this is really quite good. The team has really won me over compared to their Clone Wars arc, Omega is adorable, and they smartly picked up on a one-off Clone Wars episode and used it to great effect. The Republic/Imperial transition is a lot of fun to watch for me. The introduction of chain codes, tying them to money to enforce signing up.

I'm curious at what point they'll run into Rex. I think once they do though, Rex's time with them will end with him going into the service of the Empire to pull out Wolffe and Gregor. Maybe tied to them returning to save Crosshair.

I do wish though we had seen the 91st recon corps and/or Neyo instead of plain white troopers.

Good episode, a nice change of pace from the opening epic but was nice to see how it tied into things that were from the films, like Solo with the Imperial checkpoints and creature's from the prequels, it all feels like Star Wars.

I really like Omega, usually child characters are annoying but her child like wonder of the galaxy is a nice contrast to the world weary Soldiers who are mission focused. The fight with the clones at the end was nicely done and was a more stealth like mission to get the family out.

The squad are all good fun and interact well, Tech's dry sense of homour is well done and Wrecker using a Gonk droid as a dumbell was hilarious. Echo and Hunter are possibly my favourites though but the team works well as a whole and its going to be a fun ride to see what adventures they get up to as well as watching the world itself turn more "Empire" even the clones are already morphing into Stormtroopers in front of our eye's.

Darth is right, they're armour design and style is top drawer as well.

Cant wait for next weeks episode already.

...I knew it was a good idea to blast through Clone Wars before this premiered.

Really good episode. I like that we're getting this gradual encroachment by the Empire, where every episode shows them taking control, one new piece at a time. Last episode broached the concept of conscripts, and this one adds the chain codes to show how they're keeping tabs over the population. It gives it that ominous and sombre tone, even in an episode with a happy ending like this one.

I just love the overall aesthetic of this show. All the design choices have clicked with me so far.

Really good episode. I like that we're getting this gradual encroachment by the Empire, where every episode shows them taking control, one new piece at a time. Last episode broached the concept of conscripts, and this one adds the chain codes to show how they're keeping tabs over the population. It gives it that ominous and sombre tone, even in an episode with a happy ending like this one.

I just love the overall aesthetic of this show. All the design choices have clicked with me so far.

I did similar with the Bad Batch episodes to at least get some backstory and my word Echo's story is horrific, in a good way but wow he's been through some stuff. Really made me like him even more knowing what he's been through to get here and fits in well the rest of them.

The aesthetic really is lovely. A nice mix of Clone Wars and Imperial era, and then just some lovely lighting and atmospherics. Also as someone who flips out every time animation uses shallow depth of field, I flipped over the couch with the premiere.

I’m liking the character parallels there are between Bad Batch and The Mandalorian, especially with the older brother/father figure relationship going on with Omega and the crew but more so Hunter

This show truly feels like a season 8 of the Clone Wars but still very much its very own thing. Love seeing all the aftermath once Clone Wars ended and Palpatine took power

Looking forward to seeing how Fennec Shan will eventually tie in with this series and its characters

The aesthetic really is lovely. A nice mix of Clone Wars and Imperial era, and then just some lovely lighting and atmospherics. Also as someone who flips out every time animation uses shallow depth of field, I flipped over the couch with the premiere.
I am in total agreement. The show kind of reminds me of the opening shipyard from Fallen Order. This perfect combination of the OT/PT during the period of change. All the dirty and grim of the lived in OT but now covering up the elegance and gloss of the PT.

Also as another working their way through TCW again, seeing how far the animation has come is just amazing.

Omega is absolutely adorable.

I am enjoying the group dynamic. For some reason, I am finding Tech absolutely hilarious. It was nice to catch up with Cut.

I do hope when we get around to Gregor, that they bring in more Clone Commandos. I do wonder what other clones we will run into.

Omega is absolutely adorable.

I am enjoying the group dynamic. For some reason, I am finding Tech absolutely hilarious. It was nice to catch up with Cut.

I do hope when we get around to Gregor, that they bring in more Clone Commandos. I do wonder what other clones we will run into.
Tech is so matter of fact about everything, it is hilarious. He's got this great, dry delivery of everything that low key scream, "duh". :hehe:

Great call on Gregor. I could see 99 being responsible for how Gregor ended up with Rex and Wolfe.

Maybe actually see some of Cody as a character.

I enjoyed this but wouldn't say I loved it. Not sure I liked it as much as Clone Wars yet but look forward to seeing it developed more over time. I do love the era it's set in though and hope they continue to lean into that.

I've forgotten some of Clone Wars (also haven't seen the final season - next on the list) . What did Cut do in that series? Was he linked to the Bad Batch episodes?

I realize now why I love their armor design so much, its very similar to N7 armor from Mass Effect, they looks like an Elite N7 combat unit with the Dary Grey/Black & red stripes.

I've forgotten some of Clone Wars (also haven't seen the final season - next on the list) . What did Cut do in that series? Was he linked to the Bad Batch episodes?

have not watched them myself but did see a you Tube vid that posed the question and apparently he left in season 2 so they didnt meet up on screen as such before but may have visited him off screen as he was a "defect" like them on another mission. Might just be something not explained so dont really know myself just going off this You Tube vid, they seemed to know what they were talking about but I guess not 100% trust worthy?

Cut was a one off character from season 2 that a wounded Rex met that had deserted shortly after Geonosis, Cut and his new family took care of Rex while he healed. I think this is the first time he's been mentioned since that episode since Rex chose to keep Cut a secret. We do not know how the Bad Batch met him.
The Deserter

Last edited:
Good stuff. Cute pit stop episode for the team and I continue to be quite interested in how the Kamino side of things will unfold. First generation of Stormies in Clone armour is super cool, I dig the look and I hope the group will have distinct personalities. They didn't talk too much this time but fingers crossed because I think this has a lot of potential.

Episode 3 felt like the first proper "run of the mill" episode. That said, I still rather enjoyed it.

- The real action this week was on Kamino.

- I really like the idea of the proto stormies being trained by the clones. It makes great sense, and I love the irony of the situation.

- Who are our long neck friends looking for? Is it just the Bad Batch and Omega, or is perhaps first gen clones like Rex and even Boba? Whatever they do, they probably won't succeed, but let's see if they actually die trying.

- Wrecker and Hunter are fighting over best dad status, and I am enjoying it. I am sure it will get old at some point, but those little moments with Omega, where they make her feel wanted and loved are really getting to me, in a good way.

- The wildlife which loves the tech was very cool.

- I wonder if Omega knows enough about the chips, that she will be able to help Tech with Crosshair. Or will they require the intervention of someone else, like Rex?

-Tarkin really loves coming in and making a scene and then delegating. :hehe:

Last edited:
So... Wrecker's bump on the head is going to come back at some point with a vengeance. Which Jedi is going to push that button?

A good episode all-around, even if the squad's plotline was mostly filler. I still love how they're showing the infrastructure of the Empire expand. The Kaminoans are in for a bad time.

So... Wrecker's bump on the head is going to come back at some point with a vengeance. Which Jedi is going to push that button?

A good episode all-around, even if the squad's plotline was mostly filler. I still love how they're showing the infrastructure of the Empire expand. The Kaminoans are in for a bad time.
It's such good fun Star Wars geeky stuff. After the episode was over my brother mentioned just loving seeing all this transition.

A few other people have mentioned this, but I'll just agree and say that this show is gorgeous. Going from season one of Clone Wars to this in a span of a couple of weeks is giving me some serious whiplash. Even dark and relatively drab scenes like the ones in the ship still had me saying "look at their faces, this is some kind of sorcery".

With what happened in episode 3, I wonder if Crosshair will be redeemed

Pretty cool to see first generation Stormtroopers. Love their black armor.

Also really liking the family dynamic between Omega and the crew. Very wholesome and innocent.

A few other people have mentioned this, but I'll just agree and say that this show is gorgeous. Going from season one of Clone Wars to this in a span of a couple of weeks is giving me some serious whiplash. Even dark and relatively drab scenes like the ones in the ship still had me saying "look at their faces, this is some kind of sorcery".
Darth and I have been doing TCW this month so far and Jesus going from Downfall of a Droid to this is insane. It looks so good and I'm a sucker for the amount of shallow focus they like using. This, season 7, and going back to arcs in seasons 3 on, some of my favourite animation. I love the art style so much.

:hehe:

I am so happy you got through it all and seem to be enjoying it so much. I know that many aren't that big into the animated part of Star Wars, but the characters and general world building makes it so worth the investment. Especially for those so into what makes up all the corners of the GFFA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"