Superman & Lois General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!)

Agreed. Judging by this picture alone, I wish they could find some way to make the costume more complimentary to Tyler's natural physique since it still looks too baggy for him.
It just looks cheap in general in candids, I think. Always has. But it usually looks much better with their cinematography, so we'll see.

Looks good but wish they'd adjusted the neck area. Let the neck and a little bit of them shoulders breathe.

And a little less stitching like Brandons
crisis-on-infinite-earths-brandon-routh-superman.jpg

It just looks cheap in general in candids, I think. Always has. But it usually looks much better with their cinematography, so we'll see.

Agreed, in theory reducing the muscle suit/brightening the S and giving his more classic boots are all positives, but that pic is hard to really judge from.

Season 1 is showing today on BBC1 in a prime time slot (similar Saturday afternoon slot to Lois & Clark). Also, the whole of season 1 will be available to watch on BBC iPlayer for those of you in the UK.

BBC iPlayer - Superman and Lois

I wont lie, I liked the muscle suit. Sure it looked fake but it actually made it believable that no one would put together that Clark was Superman. Clark looks tiny next to Superman couple that with the glasses and people would just think they looked similar (like how your friends look a bit like celebrities) not the same ya know?

January has peacemaker , superman and lois season2 and Naomi!(still rooting for a superman cameo in that).

Good trio hopefully. :)

I wonder what else will be this year. Hopefully Harley s3, Dunno about doom patrol or titans. Dead boy detectives filming now(should be airing unless they cancel it).
Oh and sandman of course on netlfix.

Looks good but wish they'd adjusted the neck area. Let the neck and a little bit of them shoulders breathe.

And a little less stitching like Brandons
crisis-on-infinite-earths-brandon-routh-superman.jpg

The irony here is that his "homemade" costume looks richer in quality when compared to his current one.

42577238-9543087-image-m-2_1620163149718.jpg

One of the other reasons why I like this costume is that it's fits well with Tyler's physique. I would not be against the show following in Daredevil Season 3's footsteps by having Superman revert back to his first costume for the whole season as well.

Superman & Lois seems to have been well recieved in the UK :)

Superman & Lois review: Full of sincerity and old-world optimism
Despite an awkward title, this charming superhero story is a great acquisition by the BBC.

Superman & Lois' 'on another level' as fans applaud superhero BBC One premiere
The new spin on the DC Comics superhero is destined to become essential family viewing on Saturdays
'Superman & Lois' 'on another level' as fans applaud superhero BBC One premiere

Superman & Lois seems to have been well recieved in the UK :)

Despite an awkward title, this charming superhero story is a great acquisition by the BBC.

Superman & Lois' 'on another level' as fans applaud superhero BBC One premiere
The new spin on the DC Comics superhero is destined to become essential family viewing on Saturdays
'Superman & Lois' 'on another level' as fans applaud superhero BBC One premiere

This is what that first review says about Hoechlin:

"He may lack Christopher Reeve’s boyish twinkle, but there’s a warm, Golden Age Hollywood quality about him that’s perfect for Clark. Get the tone wrong, and Superman can come across as cheesy and anachronous, but Hoechlin manages to nail the character’s decency and virtuousness without it becoming too cornball."

The one thing I’d add would be more villains from the comics. This show deserves to adapt Darkseid, Brainiac, Bizarro, Parasite, Mongul, Lobo, etc;

I think it’s a shame that Hoechlin hasn’t broken through more. He is a much better actor than Routh and Cavill. He should’ve been the cinematic Superman.

Mongul based on the current comics arc would be great but would be budget intensive.
Ideally the krypton versions of brainiac and lobo would be used because they were great

Speaking of villains, should we be slightly concerned that they haven't announced any major castings for this season's new big bad?

I think it’s a shame that Hoechlin hasn’t broken through more. He is a much better actor than Routh and Cavill. He should’ve been the cinematic Superman.

Ehhhhhhhhhh

I mean sure, he is better than when Routh started as Superman. But I would be hesitant to call him better actor than Cavill. Again, Cavill's acting ability wasn't the issue with his movies.

Speaking of villains, should we be slightly concerned that they haven't announced any major castings for this season's new big bad?
Not really because either their keeping it very under warps ( and doing it well since no leaks yet) or the villain is Jon Cryer’s Lex. Could be both lol but I’m intrigued as well but definitely nothing to be concerned about.

Not really because either their keeping it very under warps ( and doing it well since no leaks yet) or the villain is Jon Cryer’s Lex. Could be both lol but I’m intrigued as well but definitely nothing to be concerned about.

Don't know about Jon Cryer's Lex because

he was banished to the Phantom Zone at the end of Supergirl along with Nyxly. Unless he gets out of there suddenly, then I don't think he's coming back. And if Lex did return, what about Nyxly? Did she escape? She had a hatred of Supergirl and Lex was devoted to Nyxly, so now he seems more Supergirl's arch enemy than Superman's. Cryer's Lex also seems to have barely interacted with Hoechlin.

Yeah I watched the finale but I think they set that ending up for him so he could make an appearance in S&L. I could be wrong though. I agree with you on them barely interacting and him being more Supergirls but it’s not like the writers can’t create a new type of arc that fits with S&L tone and world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"