• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Supes Power level.

Superman initially 'losing' in his fights can also be shown that he will always be on the conservative side of using his powers, especially with new enemies.

He doesn't want to kill or even maim them, and he doesn't know what they can take, yet.

As the fight wears on, he learns more what is needed to stop the villain.

I'd like to see him and an equally powerful villain fight in the desert or a mountainous area, DBZ style.
getting punched through mountains, shattering them, or making half mile wide craters in the ground from the force of a body hitting it, etc.

He needs a spacesuit for space and underwater if going to Aquaman levels
I always liked the idea that Superman’s special abilities are innate. And this sets him apart from many other characters who rely upon gadgets or equipment. Consequently, imagery of Supes in a spacesuit or oxygen mask are personal pet peeves. :cwink: Now, if a writer wants to limit Superman’s powers… fair enough. But then, own those limits and don’t set any action in space. OTOH, if the stories are served by including outer space locales, then just give Supes his Silver Age level of invulnerability. It’s one or the other as far as I’m concerned.

If I’m recalling Woman of Tomorrow correctly, Supergirl is able to survive in space for arbitrarily long periods of time (sans any life support gear). So it’d be weird of she had this capability but her cousin didn’t.

Fleischer 100%. I like Superman more Herculean - still the strongest being in the universe, but vulnerable.

Remember it's not Superman who's strong, but his Bio Electric Aura. :p

If sunlight is what gives him his powers, then he prolly doesn't need any sort of suit or help in breathing while in space.
The sunlight would be even more intense without earth's atmosphere filtering it.

If sunlight is what gives him his powers, then he prolly doesn't need any sort of suit or help in breathing while in space.
The sunlight would be even more intense without earth's atmosphere filtering it.
but, what if he's flying away from the sun? how far out can he go before he's out of range?

I always liked the idea that Superman’s special abilities are innate. And this sets him apart from many other characters who rely upon gadgets or equipment. Consequently, imagery of Supes in a spacesuit or oxygen mask are personal pet peeves. :cwink: Now, if a writer wants to limit Superman’s powers… fair enough. But then, own those limits and don’t set any action in space. OTOH, if the stories are served by including outer space locales, then just give Supes his Silver Age level of invulnerability. It’s one or the other as far as I’m concerned.

If I’m recalling Woman of Tomorrow correctly, Supergirl is able to survive in space for arbitrarily long periods of time (sans any life support gear). So it’d be weird of she had this capability but her cousin didn’t.
I don't think that Kara should be able to either. She also has a ship in WoT so that already works in taking away that ability. It isn't going to be a 1:1 adaption anyway.

I mean I love some of the animated versions of Superman, but in most of them he literally couldn't give a f, about collateral damage at all. In this clip alone, he actually uppercuts Darkseid flying through 2 or 3 buildings sending him hurtling presumably out of the city & Superman actively seeks him out to drill him back into the middle of a main street in Metropolis. The level of destruction he was regularly involved in would make it incredibly easy to understand if Lex opposed Superman publically, why he'd have some level of support, it makes some of the destruction in MoS look like child's play.

That being said, part of the reason some of the big epic battles Superman has in comics, animated & live-action are so good is because they are centred in the middle of Metropolis with blows shattering windows, cracks in the ground, brickwork shaking in buildings, It helps raise the stakes if it's somewhere populated, I don't want to see every battle constantly end up in a desert or somewhere desolate.

I wouldn't mind this and we need a comic accurate Supes who is God like in strength

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"