Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 52

AoS is trying to stay relevant inside the MCU.

Well folks, it's sounding like Asa is going to be the new Spidey. At least that's what Latino Review is posting

I have a lot of faith in that kid. He is a promising one, even though I hate to see Andrew Garfield go.

It's still up in the air tho. Until I SEE from Marvel it's a done deal I won't go by anything else

@Vartha: Hi Vartha...thanks very much for the reply...yes, long time indeed since we chat :)
Yes, Iron Man always get the focus center in any poster of Avengers here (so did Avengers 1)...

I'm afraid in Civil War Japan poster next year, Disney Japan will also market Iron Man bigger than Cap himself despite it's a Captain America movie (Also given the history that Disney Japan has changed the title of so many Disney movie (like Frozen & Brave), I won't be surprise if Disney Japan will change the title into something like "Iron Man/Captain America: Civil War")

Speaking of Disney Japan, a lot of fans in Japan has been raged because of the release of new poster...the new 4 Japan poster are indeed lame...very lame...
you can see it here...https://twitter.com/disneystudiojp/status/598478244065607681

It looks not like a superhero movie, especially the very bad & lame catchphrase...plus in local TV Commercial...it show lots of spoilers (especially on Vision scene) and also the news of the appearing character in Civil War more and less has already ruin the surprise for lots of fans here (including me)...well, This is what happens when Disney Japan released AoU 3 months late from the rest of the world. many fans has been rage over this.

There's been a petition already on fanbase here to demand that MCU movies to be separated from Disney. There's a lot of reasons why fans here despise Disney Japan..one of the reason is that it looks like Disney Japan has no idea what is Avengers, and what is Marvel really are (that bad lame catchphrase on the poster & trailer is proof of that), and also the half hearted marketing campaign...they market Cinderella, Star Wars 7, Tomorrowland and the new Pixar movie (which will be released after AoU) way more than Age of Ultron.

Im sorry i wroted this long, just want to share the story from my place here..haha :)

Last edited:
Missed my last chance to see AoU on big screen XD theater before Mad Max took over because I went to see Ex Machina. What a frelling mistake and I deserve all the boos I get. I finally did get a chance to see the 2 hr AoS (DVR'ed) finally and, wow, did I ever like that one. Seeing Coulson brought up something I was trying to say earlier about creative vs management control of a movie (and I'm not trying to open that can of worms again). I feel there were times when the studio needs to step in (but should generally stay out of filmmaking). If, in the first TA movie, had Kevin said to Joss "You can't kill Phil Coulson, we're going to make a TV show around him", that would have been perfectly fine with me. That's the sort of thing that "could" be said and I wouldn't bat an eyelash at it. Obviously they didn't tell Joss that. Maybe because they hadn't seen that far ahead or they just figured they'd ressurect him. Don't know.

Anyway, the Ant Man trailer looked pretty dang good on the big XD screen.

Well folks, it's sounding like Asa is going to be the new Spidey. At least that's what Latino Review is posting

That's an interesting choice. I think he'll do a fine job. He has some room to grow as an actor, but he's young and can do this role for quite some time if the film gods wish for it to be. Absolutely loved him in "Hugo". I pull that out every now and again and watch it in 3D. It's an absolutely gorgeous looking film.

Missed my last chance to see AoU on big screen XD theater before Mad Max took over because I went to see Ex Machina. What a frelling mistake and I deserve all the boos I get. I finally did get a chance to see the 2 hr AoS (DVR'ed) finally and, wow, did I ever like that one. Seeing Coulson brought up something I was trying to say earlier about creative vs management control of a movie (and I'm not trying to open that can of worms again). I feel there were times when the studio needs to step in (but should generally stay out of filmmaking). If, in the first TA movie, had Kevin said to Joss "You can't kill Phil Coulson, we're going to make a TV show around him", that would have been perfectly fine with me. That's the sort of thing that "could" be said and I wouldn't bat an eyelash at it. Obviously they didn't tell Joss that. Maybe because they hadn't seen that far ahead or they just figured they'd ressurect him. Don't know.

Anyway, the Ant Man trailer looked pretty dang good on the big XD screen.

Feige is the one that told Whedon to kill off Coulson. Frankly for Gregg's career it's all been for the best. Even though I'm not a fan of AOS it's better to be a lead in a long running TV show than to show up for a couple of weeks work every year to play a glorified cameo and get paid a fraction of what the TV show pays.

Feige is the one that told Whedon to kill off Coulson. Frankly for Gregg's career it's all been for the best. Even though I'm not a fan of AOS it's better to be a lead in a long running TV show than to show up for a couple of weeks work every year to play a glorified cameo and get paid a fraction of what the TV show pays.

Was AoS already on tap when he told him to do that? If so, that would be a curious decision. Anyway, I was highlighting the "type" of decisions I think can and should be made by the studio chiefs. I lean heavily on the director's and writer's discretion when it comes to creative content.

Was AoS already on tap when he told him to do that? If so, that would be a curious decision.
Probably not. I don't think the idea of having a tv show set within the MCU came about until after Avengers' theatrical success (so summer 2012 probably would have been the earliest they would have started to throw ideas around)

Was AoS already on tap when he told him to do that? If so, that would be a curious decision. Anyway, I was highlighting the "type" of decisions I think can and should be made by the studio chiefs. I lean heavily on the director's and writer's discretion when it comes to creative content.

MCU is foremost a producer run studio. In that way it's very old school Hollywood. Think of Feige like the new millennium Selznik or Thalberg. That Feige knows Marvel content better than almost anyone he will hire is an infinite resource and I think he serves as someone who makes sure the quality never dips below a certain level. And it has to be producer run in the end because there are so many moving parts dealing with a created universe.

But that doesn't mean he doesn't give the directors creative leeway since Whedon even though he had to fight some in editing has said it's his movie pretty much top to bottom, more so because he was the writer. Gunn, Shane Black and The Russos were also given a lot of space for creative vision. But then I don't think they would have been hired if their creative vision was so far afield it didn't gibe with Feiges and the other producers. That's what happened with Wright, he was hired at time when his vision worked with the burgeoning MCU but not later when it was fully established.

Probably not. I don't think the idea of having a tv show set within the MCU came about until after Avengers' theatrical success (so summer 2012 probably would have been the earliest they would have started to throw ideas around)

That makes sense. I'll bet there was an "uh oh" moment, when they realized "Hey, we could have a really good compliment to our movies on network TV. How about an Agents of Shield show? Uh oh.":yay:

MCU is foremost a producer run studio. In that way it's very old school Hollywood. Think of Feige like the new millennium Selznik or Thalberg. That Feige knows Marvel content better than almost anyone he will hire is an infinite resource and I think he serves as someone who makes sure the quality never dips below a certain level. And it has to be producer run in the end because there are so many moving parts dealing with a created universe.

But that doesn't mean he doesn't give the directors creative leeway since Whedon even though he had to fight some in editing has said it's his movie pretty much top to bottom, more so because he was the writer. Gunn, Shane Black and The Russos were also given a lot of space for creative vision. But then I don't think they would have been hired if their creative vision was so far afield it didn't gibe with Feiges and the other producers. That's what happened with Wright, he was hired at time when his vision worked with the burgeoning MCU but not later when it was fully established.

That's fine. They get to run their business the way they want and, so far, the formula's working (at least as far as gathering dinero goes). My opinion about what would work best for a movie is just my opinion (and admittedly not one that's particularly well informed).

Finally getting around to seeing this in under 2 hours. :funny:

Nice. Have a great time!

Thanks. :) Just got back and kinda mixed on it. It's weird, I have a lot of problems with it, yet I wouldn't give it less than a 7 as it is really enjoyable despite everything. :funny: I just feel like there were a lot of good ideas that were poorly executed mostly. Might be script, might be the massive chunks cut out of the film, won't know unless there's an extended cut. It just feels like it's one more rewrite away from being a great film.

Last edited:
The thing that bothered me was how the creation of Ultron and Vision went by very quickly.

I am willing to overlook other problems because overall it really is a blast to watch.

The greatest thing about the movie is we get to see the team working together to kick some serious ass and save people simultaneously from the beginning.

The thing that bothered me was how the creation of Ultron and Vision went by very quickly.

I am willing to overlook other problems because overall it really is a blast to watch.

The greatest thing about the movie is we get to see the team working together to kick some serious ass and save people simultaneously from the beginning.

My sentiments exactly. Ultron and Vision could have been developed more but the film as a whole is still fairly solid and Ultron and Vision still do get their time to shine. The Marvel Cinematic Universe films are episodic and I forgive the fact there is a lot to cover in the individual films, so hopefully we get more insight into Vision as a character in future films that can make up for him being somewhat undermined in Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Yeah, it would've been nice to get more development of Ultron and Vision, but from what I've heard about the scenes cut from AOU, it doesn't seemed like Whedon had written more scenes for either one of them. In a movie with a huge ensemble like this, some sacrifices had to be made so we got less than what we hope for, but the movie is still great and better than the previous Avengers movie imo.

In a movie with a huge ensemble like this, some sacrifices had to be made so we got less than what we hope for, but the movie is still great and better than the previous Avengers movie imo.

EXACTLY!!

Many people thought the first one was better, but you and I are on the boat along with a few others.

I'm afraid in Civil War Japan poster next year, Disney Japan will also market Iron Man bigger than Cap himself despite it's a Captain America movie (Also given the history that Disney Japan has changed the title of so many Disney movie (like Frozen & Brave), I won't be surprise if Disney Japan will change the title into something like "Iron Man/Captain America: Civil War")

Actually they'll probably put Spidey front and center on the Japanese poster because he's more popular than either IM or Cap there (at least that's my impression)...even though his role is most likely going to be way smaller, otherwise they'd have cast him much earlier. -_-; All the MCU movies except the Thor series have kept their original English titles in Japan (though they often remove "the" from the titles :funny: ), but yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they doinked up CW's title. (´Д`)
Also the tagline on the main Japanese AoU poster is indeed terrible. I'm already cringing thinking what terrible taglines they're gonna come up with for Ant-Man...「アリえない」とか使うかも...:barf:

I've seen a lot of Japanese fans complain about Disney Japan's dubs of MCU movies as well, particularly the casting...they recast Black Widow and Nick Fury's dub voices with Japanese celebrities for Avengers and have continued using those celebrity actors, when before they used professional voice actors. I went on amazon.co.jp once and a bunch of MCU DVDs had really low ratings, I read the reviews and they were all from angry dub fans saying "I liked the movie a lot but the dub is terrible!!" and so on. I haven't seen the Japanese dubs though so I don't know if they really are that bad, perhaps you could tell us sometime Marvel_SKE...

Last edited:
I read on Reddit

So I saw Age of Ultron (for the 3rd time) today and I noticed something during Thor's vision sequence during the first time he gets the vision from Scarlet Witch, not the vision he gets in the pool. During this vision I noticed a flash of Thor's head and behind him looked like a blurred out Loki, not sure if it was him or just an Asgardian but I noticed it and thought it was interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"