• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Avengers The Avengers Post Screening Review & Discussion Thread (SPOILER FILLED) - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just as amped to see it the second time, especially that long tracking shot. THAT is how you make a superhero movie!

If Marvel did the X-men vs Apocalypse and Sinister to that quality level, I think I would have a heart attack!

has this been posted??

edit

Last edited:
thats fine, ill take it down...

I honestly don't understand that as a reason... If he's [BLACKOUT]always in a state of anger,[/BLACKOUT] wouldn't he be the Hulk 24/7?

I haven't seen the movie yet but I take that to mean that [BLACKOUT]Banner is now able to control when to let Hulk come out and play.[/BLACKOUT]

I honestly don't understand that as a reason... If he's [BLACKOUT]always in a state of anger,[/BLACKOUT] wouldn't he be the Hulk 24/7?

my answer
its controlled anger which imho is more lethal because the person is rational and can think clearly but still has that destructive power of rage. many serial killers are like this btw. i guess we better hope Banner never loses his moral compass.

With all the stuff cut out of this film and Thor, I really wish they would do extended cuts.

My interpretation of it:
The key to losing control of the Hulk is repressed anger. That's what the Hulk's always been about, imo, because it's a metaphor for the way it happens in real life: the more you repress your anger, the less control you have over it when it finally comes out. So I interpreted that line to mean Banner finally stopped repressing his anger, dealt with the root of it, accepts it, and is always in touch with those feelings and therefore able to access that anger whenever he needs to. Basically, he worked out his psychological kinks to become a more well-adjusted person, lol. It means there's no real barrier between himself and the Hulk anymore, so he can access and control it.

Too be fair, numbers don't necessarily tell the tale here. I don't think anyone is being dishonest, it is just that people's perspectives are just different. There are a number of factors that could effect how someone sees Thor in this film, including fandom and expectations.

Hmmmm.....

And Erik Lensrereeeefehjrfefer whatever his name is has ridiculous expectations.

^ What he said

Do we know anything specific about the cut footage? I'm interested to know.

It's not fair; people are already seeing the film more than once already!!! AHHHHHH:cmad::cmad::cmad::oldrazz::csad:

Round 2 on saturday! I know what bits to really pay attention in now :D

Second time for me today, third time in IMAX on Tuesday:woot:. I'm sorry guys.

But you still have something that you can look forward to. For me the wait is over and I feel a little bit empty. It sounds weird, I know.:dry:

just got back from seeing it
amazing, just amazing, it met all my expectations just wow

10/10

Second time for me today, third time in IMAX on Tuesday:woot:. I'm sorry guys.

But you still have something that you can look forward to. For me the wait is over and I feel a little bit empty. It sounds weird, I know.:dry:

Not so much. It is amazing to think of the time one anticipates such events and to realize it is over. Can't wait to get there, and then you are wondering what is next.

For me the wait is over and I feel a little bit empty. It sounds weird, I know.:dry:
You don't have to. IM3 is right around the corner with T2 not far behind.
The beauty of the MCU: the hype never stops

It seriously exceed all my expectations, I KNEW that Whedon would make a great movie, even when many were skeptical and kept mocking him, I just knew it. But it was a little low on my radar for a couple of months. I was incredibly excited when the latest trailer came out, but then, as it often happens, another trailer comes out and you're excited for this one instead, so yeah I was really anticipating more Spidey for ex, and then I got super hyped again, read some comics to get me into the game, I kept reading the movie was awesome, but I had to see it, and can't believe how incredible it is.

Remember those saying it looked like TV?! LOL, they can dig into the ground as far as they can and hide under there, it never looked like TV, just looked epic.

So random question, does "Live to rise" by soundgarden play over the credits, or do we only get the score?

It seriously exceed all my expectations, I KNEW that Whedon would make a great movie, even when many were skeptical and kept mocking him, I just knew it. But it was a little low on my radar for a couple of months. I was incredibly excited when the latest trailer came out, but then, as it often happens, another trailer comes out and you're excited for this one instead, so yeah I was really anticipating more Spidey for ex, and then I got super hyped again, read some comics to get me into the game, I kept reading the movie was awesome, but I had to see it, and can't believe how incredible it is.

Remember those saying it looked like TV?! LOL, they can dig into the ground as far as they can and hide under there, it never looked like TV, just looked epic.

Maybe the tv-thing is in relation to the size ratio? I know one of the first things I wife leaned over to ask me is why they weren't playing the movie in widescreen. But it's completely forgotten about within the first minute. BTW something I haven't heard anyone comment about -
Loki was brutal in his first appearance. The way he took out those agents was very well done. I liked how the bullets bounced off him and the way he fought. They made him out to be a very vicious fighter.

Before mid credit sequence

Wasnt before mid credit sequence the part with the cast member names on top of the fancy closeups of each of the Avengers equipment? It had the main Avengers theme playing during then right? Live To Rise played during the credits scroll with the black screen. But I could be wrong,

Yeah the Soundgarden track kicks in after the extra scene, as the normal credits roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"