The Batman General News & Discussion Thread - Part 2

I’m desperate to see more Penguin and Catwoman most. I was one of those who enjoyed Gotham so I feel like I’ve had some fun (not going to argue good :D ) material in that area.

An origin story tv series of the Condiment King played by Andy Samberg but it's basically in the style of Barry.

I really do like the idea of a Year One story from outside Bruce’s perspective.

Same
In The Batman, the relationship between Gordon and Batman seems almost fully developed already. I can't help but wonder why a police lieutenant would decide to build a relationship with a vigilante who, at this point, is almost exclusively fighting street thugs. There's a story to be told there imo, and since the first film made it clear what Bruce's state of mind was until the Riddler shakes things up, it would make sense to now explore Gordon's point of view.
I still think that the arrest of the "proto-Joker" was the junction between the two characters. But on the other hand, I also like when that kind of thing is left to the imagination of each fan.

Last edited:
Same
In The Batman, the relationship between Gordon and Batman seems almost fully developed already. I can't help but wonder why a police lieutenant would decide to build a relationship with a vigilante who, at this point, is almost exclusively fighting street thugs. There's a story to be told here, and since the first film made it clear what Bruce's state of mind was until the Riddler shakes things up, it would make sense to now explore Gordon's point of view.
I still think that the arrest of the "proto-Joker" was the junction between the two characters. But on the other hand, I also like that this kind of thing is left to the imagination of each fan.
I don’t think the cop was supposed to be Gordon, though, was he? I thought the whole reason they decided to go a different way was because the characters populating the GCPD series were going to be more or less original creations.

GCPD not being particularly rooted in established Batman lore sounds almost more interesting and bold to me than the other spin offs, to be honest, because it sounds like a very organic exploration of this Batman’s history and the themes of the movie.

Penguin sounds great too, but unless Arkham has a great hook (like, say, the weird bromance between Joker and Riddler - but I’m sure that’ll be saved for film) I am genuinely uninterested. I’ve never actually thought Arkham was an interesting setting.

Would sell my own mother for a Zoe Catwoman show though. It’s gotta happen.

I don’t think the cop was supposed to be Gordon, though, was he? I thought the whole reason they decided to go a different way was because the characters populating the GCPD series were going to be more or less original creations.

Oh I was just bouncing back about the idea of a show depicting Batman's first year in general.
I wasn't referring specifically to the now deleted GCPD series, for which I'm not recalling any official synopsis though... But I could be wrong.

GCPD not being particularly rooted in established Batman lore sounds almost more interesting and bold to me than the other spin offs, to be honest, because it sounds like a very organic exploration of this Batman’s history and the themes of the movie.

Penguin sounds great too, but unless Arkham has a great hook (like, say, the weird bromance between Joker and Riddler - but I’m sure that’ll be saved for film) I am genuinely uninterested. I’ve never actually thought Arkham was an interesting setting.

Would sell my own mother for a Zoe Catwoman show though. It’s gotta happen.

Always felt the same way about this one. At this stage, it feels like nothing more than a gimmick to me. Arkham is just a place, many types of stories could be told there, but I also need something more concrete to get excited about here.

I'm not sure why you'd think that'd be saved for film. The films will most likely remain told mostly from Batman's PoV since that's the approach Reeves seems to like the most, and with just 2-3 hours of runtime, there's not really much they can do in that time to showcase that bromance from the perspective of Joker or Riddler. A series on the other hand can do much more in that case.

'The Batman' Ending: Matt Reeves on Barry Keoghan's Role - Variety

“There might be places,” Reeves says. “There’s stuff I’m very interested in doing in an Arkham space, potentially for HBO Max. There are things we’ve talked about there. So it’s very possible."

I'm also not quite sure why some people think that certain iconic characters such as Harleen Quinzel, Jonathan Crane or Hugo Strange won't appear in the show. I think they definitely will, along with a bunch of rogues gallery characters that don't have enough place for the films. I also kinda doubt the entire show will be set an Arkham, there might be some crossover between Batman's investigations on the outside world with villains at large and what goes on inside the asylum.

On the contrary, I think there’s a lot they could do with Arkham with the right execution.

A Serious House on Serious Earth is probably my favorite Bat story so this could just be my bias talking, but if they told it through flashback with Amadeus Arkham and weaved it with stories of present day villains it could work.

Then you have the Batman connection with Martha being a member of the Arkham family, so there’s that.

calling arkham uninteresting and just a gimmick is a wild take to me. and secondly, everything is a gimmick if you wanna go down that route. :D for what it's worth i am stoked at the prospect of an arkham show.

I was previously a little sceptical about a late 2025 release because there would be two massive Avengers films including one in November. But now…

Give me The Batman sequel in October 2025 please (still expect summer 2026).

Might be wise for WBD to date this thing soon.

yeah. fall 2025 seems like a good guess at the moment.

Honestly this is why dating movies so far ahead is dumb. These days they get moved so often it just confuses everyone.

Financially, The Batman did pretty well and had plenty of breathing room in March. 770 million is nothing to scoff at.

That said, and there are a lot of variables to consider, but should WBD stick with a March release window for a The Batman 2, or move it to potentially maximize box office profit? Again, unless there's heavy competition, The Batman 2 will probably still do well regardless, but wondering.

Financially, The Batman did pretty well and had plenty of breathing room in March. 770 million is nothing to scoff at.

That said, and there are a lot of variables to consider, but should WBD stick with a March release window for a The Batman 2, or move it to potentially maximize box office profit? Again, unless there's heavy competition, The Batman 2 will probably still do well regardless, but wondering.
I’m still jonesing to see one of these dropped during the Halloween season. Worked well enough for Joker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"