The Batman General News & Discussion Thread - Part 2

I’m wondering if the Gotham Rogues movies will be theatrical releases, or HBOMAX ( or whatever that’s going to become). Any thoughts?
Theatrical. Though I suspect a lot of these can be done on modest budgets. That's the beauty of it.

His Netflix shows are so boring and overrated
6a4931aeec5dc71fdddceb0df96f63df7786a25f.gif

It’s interesting to consider how much this approach might get Pattinson in the ballpark of having a comic-sized rogues gallery when he eventually decides to call it quits.

We’re already four members deep (although at this point, Catwoman is really more Bat-family than rogues gallery, but still).

Already introduced: Riddler, Penguin, Catwoman, Carmine Falcone

Penguin series: Black Mask, Ventriloquist, Salvatore Maroni

Arkham series: Hugo Strange, Joker, Poison Ivy, Two-Face, Victor Zsasz, Killer Croc, Mad Hatter

Spinoff Movies: Clayface, Scarecrow, Professor Pyg

The Batman sequels: Mr. Freeze, Hush

Penguin series: Black Mask, Ventriloquist

Arkham series: Hugo Strange, Joker, Poison Ivy, Two-Face, Victor Zsasz, Killer Croc, Mad Hatter

Spinoff Movies: Clayface, Scarecrow, Professor Pyg

The Batman sequels: Mr. Freeze, Hush
Pumped as I am for that series, there’s no way it ends up being that stacked.

On a slight unrelated note how devastated would you all be if I went with a non-Kermit avatar?

If he's an animalistic cannibal, sure he does!

Oh, maybe this opens up another door for Bane?

Just imagining the scene of this Batman empathetically reaching out to Freeze in the final act with the /filmmaking/ of stuff like the flare scene is just...

f***.

We really might be about to get the best goddamn Batman movie ever made, if this lives up to the potential.

They'll never touch the cinematic perfection of this:

"He's still inside you Victor. Buried. Deep within the snow. Will you help me, doctor?"

Akiva Goldsman should have two Oscars on his shelf.

I would rather have villains like Clayface be villains in a Batman movie. I hope Matt Reeves isn't spreading himself too thin trying to spin off every aspect of his Batman universe. We've only gotten ONE actual Batman movie from him. Save the good stuff for Batman instead of trying to chase the next Joker with a spinoff movie starring a villain.

I would rather have villains like Clayface be villains in a Batman movie. I hope Matt Reeves isn't spreading himself too thin trying to spin off every aspect of his Batman universe. We've only gotten ONE actual Batman movie from him. Save the good stuff for Batman instead of trying to chase the next Joker with a spinoff movie starring a villain.
Eh, Clayface isn't a super integral villain to Batman in a way someone like Freeze or Hugo Strange is.

Eh, Clayface isn't a super integral villain to Batman in a way someone like Freeze or Hugo Strange is.

So Clayface can't carry a Batman movie as the lead villain or even as a villain... but he can carry his own movie as the lead character?

The fact of the matter is you're not gonna be able to use everyone in finite series of Batman movies. So focus on those villains that inform Bruce's personal arc, and the others can be branched out elsewhere.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"