The Batman General News & Discussion Thread - Part 2

I definitely think he’ll have a presence in this series. It would be odd for him not to.

The size of his role is what I’m less certain of.

Financially, The Batman did pretty well and had plenty of breathing room in March. 770 million is nothing to scoff at.

That said, and there are a lot of variables to consider, but should WBD stick with a March release window for a The Batman 2, or move it to potentially maximize box office profit? Again, unless there's heavy competition, The Batman 2 will probably still do well regardless, but wondering.

Depends on the rest of the releases that year. If it is a year when The Batman 2 is expected to be the top tentpole film for WBD it will move to maximize. If they are fine with it making less than a Billion but probably making another $500 million in profit they can have it come out whenever.

So the rumors are that Black Mask, Clayface, and Ventriloquist are in this right? With Batman too possibly?

If this is true and it maintains the prestige of the film, then this may literally become my favorite tv show of all time.

Tbh I have really enjoyed all the live action Batman shows, that includes BoP. Even though their version of Clayface looked more like Poopface.

^ i love how the ending of The Batman was basically a serious version of this :funny:

Robin is a Dick so his name kinda fits lol. “You know I love you Dick Grayson right…. I’m just saying”.

Speaking of sexuality, I rewatched the movie recently and I'm in love with the subtle sexual vibes in it.

Between Bats and Cats of course, with Bruce accepting Selina's lips just like a child who tries a tasty fruit.

But also in Riddler when he whispers. After he hits Mitchell he ride on his back and it's like he is horny.

And I am so happy that we finally have on the big screen a Joker similar to BTAS, that has always a silent and ambiguous horny excitement when he laughs, just like he can't contain himself.
And his link with Batman has something sexual in it too.

I loved Nolan's movie but they were too cold: I'm happy Reeves is coming back to a sexuality which is quite similar to Burton's.

Speaking of sexuality, I rewatched the movie recently and I'm in love with the subtle sexual vibes in it.

Between Bats and Cats of course, with Bruce accepting Selina's lips just like a child who tries a tasty fruit.

But also in Riddler when he whispers. After he hits Mitchell he ride on his back and it's like he is horny.

And I am so happy that we finally have on the big screen a Joker similar to BTAS, that has always a silent and ambiguous horny excitement when he laughs, just like he can't contain himself.

I loved Nolan's movie but they were too cold: I'm happy Reeves is coming back to a sexuality which is quite similar to Burton's.
i'd say nolan's work is generally sexless

upload_2022-10-17_8-30-54.gif

DC Movies: James Gunn Pitches in Secret, Dwayne Johnson Eyes Superman – The Hollywood Reporter
Meanwhile, in Gotham City, filmmaker Reeves is quietly making his own expansion plans. Reeves is developing a sequel to his The Batman, which grossed a respectable $770.8 million worldwide when it was released in March. Already, a series spinoff focusing on Colin Farrell’s Penguin is on its way to filming next year. But Reeves is plotting more. The filmmaker is meeting with writers and directors to build out movies — yes movies, not just series — focused on Batman rogue’s gallery, both established and more obscure, with characters ranging from the Scarecrow to Clayface to Professor Pyg. All those projects are in the very early stages of gestation.
Professor Pyg, you say?

the-view-whoopi-goldberg.gif

Mike Flanagan explicitly stated that he wanted to make a Clayface movie.

Last edited:
Calling it now, he'll be the villain in the next film.

Just imagining the scene of this Batman empathetically reaching out to Freeze in the final act with the /filmmaking/ of stuff like the flare scene is just...

f***.

We really might be about to get the best goddamn Batman movie ever made, if this lives up to the potential.

His Netflix shows are so boring and overrated
He's hit and miss. Loved Hill House, Doctor Sleep and Midnight Mass. Hated Bly Manor and The Midnight Club.

It's a long shot but how about Guillermo Del Toro?

I’m wondering if the Gotham Rogues movies will be theatrical releases, or HBOMAX ( or whatever that’s going to become). Any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"