DC Films The DC Studios News and Discussion Thread

Burton was beginning his brutal descent into the extreme mediocrity he would spend the rest of his career wallowing in around Superman Lives so I'm not really sure it would have worked out all that well, not to mention the script wasn't very good. I'm not that huge a fan of even him during his peak though, there's a handful of Burton movies I like but the only great one is Ed Wood.

Great cast though. I will maintain that Nicolas Cage as Superman is brilliant casting 'til my dying day.

Nothing mediocre about Sleepy Hollow, Big Fish or Sweeney Todd. Brilliant, well crafted movies.

Even Corpse Bride and Frankenweenie are full of charm. Superman Lives would have been a vibrant, quirky and bold superhero movie had it been made. Conventionally ''good''?... perhaps not, but more inventive than anything Singer or Snyder gave us.

Nothing mediocre about Sleepy Hollow, Big Fish or Sweeney Todd. Brilliant, well crafted movies.

Even Corpse Bride and Frankenweenie are full of charm. Superman Lives would have been vibrant, quirky and bold superhero movie had it been made. Conventionally ''good''?... perhaps not, but more inventive than anything Singer or Snyder gave us.
Oh yeah! I love Big Fish! I have massive, massive issues with Sweeney Todd as a huge fan of the show though - almost everyone feels badly miscast, a lot of the little changes bug me and Burton's whole aesthetic feels tiresome and repetitive by that point.

Sleepy Hollow is super underrated though. Really fun.

I'm one of the few people who has a lot of fondness for Superman Returns. It is deeply flawed and fundamentally misunderstands the Donner films it is trying to emulate but I am happy that it is the one that got made out of all the potential almost Superman films in that era.

Darren Aronofsky Year One Concept Art
CrhhFtHZYjW8m8mBbGZfYUIRBdRdSCObDp2U69YX_ps.jpg

Superman Flyby concept art
3505758-s3.png
Superman-Flyby.jpg

SupermanFlyby-Krypton.jpeg

Vilains_Superman_Flyby.png

Justice League Mortal Concept Art
Justice%2BLeague%2BMortal%2BLeaked%2BCast%2BCostume%2BTest%2BPhoto.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

DY2bOnbW4AEONAi

So i watched Shazam: FOTG today and... I would probably put it toward the bottom of my list of the DCEU. I really wish it's been better, and that they have used the kids more then the Heroes. especially Billy, Though I didn't understand some of the criticism i heard about the movie.
I wonder if we're gonna see a new live action version of Shazam again in the next decade or two.

So i watched Shazam: FOTG today and... I would probably put it toward the bottom of my list of the DCEU. I really wish it's been better, and that they have used the kids more then the Heroes. especially Billy, Though I didn't understand some of the criticism i heard about the movie.
I wonder if we're gonna see a new live action version of Shazam again in the next decade or two.
How do you rate it compared to the first film?

I thin they should let Shazam and Black Adam rest for a while. There are lots of other characters to focus on, and he's not really needed if we have a well-done Superman.

I've had my fill of Shazam & Black Adam to last a lifetime. I'd be perfectly content without another film.

WB is fortunate , in a weird way , in that they basically have a already shot , one and done, film ,with their problematic star, as opposed to a potentially problematic star being the crucial spearhead and foundation ,of several films into the end of the decade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"