DC Films The DC Studios News and Discussion Thread

He even said on Twitter that he had pitched a Plastic Man movie (starring Matthew Lillard) to a WB Exec on the set of Scooby Doo.

it this was 10 or more years ago, matthew lillard would've been great casting as plastic man, imo.

slc punk!

also, is lillard ever going to direct another film?
fat kid rules the world was a good film.

it this was 10 or more years ago, matthew lillard would've been great casting as plastic man, imo.

slc punk!

also, is lillard ever going to direct another film?
fat kid rules the world was a good film.
Matthew Lillard is awesome by virtue of being Matthew Lillard. Simply being Matthew Lillard bestows awesomeness upon him. Anything that he actually does just adds to that.

Matthew Lillard is awesome by virtue of being Matthew Lillard. Simply being Matthew Lillard bestows awesomeness upon him. Anything that he actually does just adds to that.

slc-punk-matthew-lillard.gif

If there’s one thing I was confident of from the moment Gunn was announced as the guy in charge, it was that he will give us Plastic Man. :hehe:
I still think it's happening... maybe for their phase 2 plans. It's such a Gunn movie that I would have a hard time believing they're not going to make it.

Ben Schwartz IS Plastic Man. Periodt.

Thought you might like to see this Deepfake putting Lynda Carter's face onto Gal Gadot in scenes from Wonder Woman (2017). Worth watching the whole thing (under six minutes). Uncanny.

Jeff Sneider believes Andy Muschietti will direct Justice League: New Frontier. He’s hearing The Center is the villain.

The Flash does seem to be an audition for a Justice League movie with all the characters that seem to be in it. Reminds me of the Russo Brothers climb up the Marvel Studios ladder (Winter Soldier to Civil War to Infinity War/Endgame with each movie getting bigger and bigger).

Jeff Sneider believes Andy Muschietti will direct Justice League: New Frontier. He’s hearing The Center is the villain.
The Flash does seem to be an audition for a Justice League movie with all the characters that seem to be in it. Reminds me of the Russo Brothers climb up the Marvel Studios ladder (Winter Soldier to Civil War to Infinity War/Endgame with each movie getting bigger and bigger).
My immediate first thought was “Well, wouldn’t Gunn do that himself?” but then it occurred to me that after all the planning and work put into building the universe up to the point of another (ideally much more well-earned) Justice League, Gunn is probably going to be exhausted enough as it is.

I love the animated movie until the third act, as The Center as the villain leaves me a little cold. Fighting a big rock at the end just isn't very exciting.

I still think it's happening... maybe for their phase 2 plans. It's such a Gunn movie that I would have a hard time believing they're not going to make it.
For the record, I was not expressing doubt. On the contrary, Plastic Man being so prominent in the pic he posted just makes me more confident that’s going to happen lol.

I haven't read the book but from what I saw of the animated movie of The New Frontier it never seemed like the main threat of The Centre was the main point of that story anyway. It was rooted in the heroes being divided and the government not really trusting superheroes in general. I am wondering if that is the main conflict of this first chapter.

The book gives more detail about The Centre but I don't mind them using that as a "villain." The Suicide Squad movie was never really about Starro but they do use him well.

My immediate first thought was “Well, wouldn’t Gunn do that himself?” but then it occurred to me that after all the planning and work put into building the universe up to the point of another (ideally much more well-earned) Justice League, Gunn is probably going to be exhausted enough as it is.
The way I see it, Gunn is probably gonna might as well be a director on that thing same way that Feige was basically a director for Infinity War and Endgame. His fingerprints are gonna be all over those Justice League projects regardless, so in a way it weirdly makes sense that he'd outsource that job to someone else especially if he's gonna be working on directing the Superman trilogy or whatever he has planned. Muschietti's only task is gonna be to take everything every other director has set up with Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc... and pair them up following Gunn's instructions.

I don’t like The Centre as the villain. If they’re going to use them, just go with a combination of White Martians, Imperium, and Centre. Perfect for a first JL film.

The shapeshifting capabilities of the Martians would make for such fun antagonists. Secret Origins from the DCAU would be the perfect foundation for a movie, and I love the team too.

I do not care for the Centre at all. Now, if Gunn reimagines the Centre as a cosmic, existential Lovecraftian horror? Sure. But the floating sentient island with dinosaurs on it? Hard pass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"