DC Films The DC Studios News and Discussion Thread

Makes sense, given how it has a different vibe than the other DC films. Kind of in a weird position to be in, given that it comes before Aquaman 2, which I believe is supposed to be the last actual DCEU film? But it felt from the start that Blue Beetle could fit into either or. Glad that, hopefully, we get to see more of his corner of the DC universe in the DCU. Well, that and hopefully the film is profitable since that plan could change.
I’m really glad to hear that Blue Beetle has got a chance of making it into the DCU after this film. I’ve said I wanted that for a while but wouldn’t have had much faith till getting some insight from Gunn.

Looks like the DCU is already dead in the water before we get its first movie

The only way to get butts in seats for Legacy is that it has to LOOK good. Like, the trailers need to be great. The GA doesn’t care about all this BTS stuff. They really don’t. At the end of the day, they just go see movies that look appealing to them. So IF Gunn actually makes a good movie, then the trailers better do it justice.

The only way to get butts in seats for Legacy is that it has to LOOK good. Like, the trailers need to be great. The GA doesn’t care about all this BTS stuff. They really don’t. At the end of the day, they just go see movies that look appealing to them. So IF Gunn actually makes a good movie, then the trailers better do it justice.
Man of Steel and TDKR did have some pretty good trailers. Ugh Spider-Man, Superman, Batman, and The Avengers. Damn 2012-2013 was a magical time.

Gunn had some memorable trailers as well. One literally brought Hooked on a Feeling back from obscurity a 2nd time with just a trailer.

Gunn had some memorable trailers as well. One literally brought Hooked on a Feeling back from obscurity a 2nd time with just a trailer.

That movie had the best music. :D

I am really concerned about what Hamada and crew did with the DCEU after Snyder was forced out. I don’t think Gunn can save it. He better just reboot the whole thing. I can’t believe Hamada and cronies were going to kill Superman off and turn Batman into grandpa so they could have an all female trinity. I don’t know if the DCU can even start now with how bad the Flash is being received.

I am really concerned about what Hamada and crew did with the DCEU after Snyder was forced out. I don’t think Gunn can save it. He better just reboot the whole thing. I can’t believe Hamada and cronies were going to kill Superman off and turn Batman into grandpa so they could have an all female trinity. I don’t know if the DCU can even start now with how bad the Flash is being received.
I feel you're being a wee bit over dramatic about this.

I feel you're being a wee bit over dramatic about this.
I hope I am but the DCEU has not had a hit since Aquaman. Wonder Woman 84 was horribly received, Black Adam never got off the ground. Shazam is dead, Suicide Quad crumbled, and Flash just blew a death knell into any future plans. I don’t include Joker and the Batman in this discussion.

So IF Gunn actually makes a good movie, then the trailers better do it justice.

Sadly, the trailers are likely to be just as much about setting up another entire shared universe saga, as they are going to be about whatever Legacy ends up being about. Gotta push that 'vision' of an MCU beater!

...again.

One thing the DCEU has taught me, sadly, is no more blindly paying to see a movie because it's DC.

Superman
Superman II
Superman III
Superman IV
Supergirl
Batman '89
Batman Returns
Batman Forever
Batman & Robin
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises
Watchmen
Green Lantern

I saw every one of them at the cinema. I didn't bother with Man of Steel and only watched it when I saw how tied-in Batman v Superman would be. BvS and Wonder Woman I did see on the big screen. Since then the only ones have been Joker and The Batman. And there's even a few I haven't seen at all. I'll be watching far more in the comfort of my own home - and I won't be bothering with anything I'm not really interested in just because it's a 'Shared universe!!!!'. Not any more.

I hope I am but the DCEU has not had a hit since Aquaman. Wonder Woman 84 was horribly received, Black Adam never got off the ground. Shazam is dead, Suicide Quad crumbled, and Flash just blew a death knell into any future plans. I don’t include Joker and the Batman in this discussion.

How exactly did Flash do that? It has nothing to do with Gunns story...

You have been in full hyperbolic mode for like two weeks.

How exactly did Flash do that? It has nothing to do with Gunns story...

You have been in full hyperbolic mode for like two weeks.
Nobody cares that the Flash is not connected to the DCU. It is still DC property that was supposed to be the crown jewel of the summer. The Flash continues the string of DC flops. You can say it’s not connected but to GA it is. I am just voicing my concerns. You have to admit the DCU is in trouble before it even starts. The pressure on Superman Legacy to perform well critically and financially literally will make or break the DC extended universes brand. I think Gunn can do it though. The Flash hurt me because all the negatives rumors about the movie seem to be true.

Nobody cares that the Flash is not connected to the DCU. It is still DC property that was supposed to be the crown jewel of the summer. The Flash continues the string of DC flops. You can say it’s not connected but to GA it is. I am just voicing my concerns. You have to admit the DCU is in trouble before it even starts. The pressure on Superman Legacy to perform well critically and financially literally will make or break the DC extended universes brand. I think Gunn can do it though. The Flash hurt me because all the negatives rumors about the movie seem to be true.

Nothing has changed. Gunn’s movie/universe has absolutely nothing to do with The Flash. This is like saying pressure was on Nolan for TDKR because GL flopped. It’s nonsensical.

Nothing has changed. Gunn’s movie/universe has absolutely nothing to do with The Flash.
I hope you are right. Snyder and Hamada appear to have hit rock bottom with the DC brand. The Flash was supposed to save it.

The Flash hurts Zaslav far more than Gunn imo.

Zaslav's hyping of the film in particular , has become fodder online and in the trades .

The Flash doesn't help the DC film brand , there's no denying that.

That said, Gunn has two to three years to deliver a great film, which he needs to.

The GA won't hold Flash against James Gunn.

But he's gotta knock it out of the park audience wise, critics wise ,and box office wise, and do that consistently, for the new DC universe of films.

Zazlov has way more to worry about than The Flash...it is easily the least impactful criticism he is receiving right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"