The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Gwen Thread

^ But it did. You, just like Peter has started to, need to move on and accept what happened.

I would love to see Gwen in TASM3, but I think Mysterio, using some sort of hologram or gas to mess with Peter's miind is the way to go!

Still, Black Cat has never been done on the big screen and there is so much that can be done there. Plus Spidey will need help defeating the Six. And, as I've explained before, it would allow a female "love interest" (not returned by Peter though) that otherwise would be creepy. Peter falling for someone else would be wrong, but Black Cat coming on to Spiderman is a totally different angle and would give us that needed story.

I've got a question to ask everybody:
If the PTBs hypothetically decided they were going to resurrect Gwen in some fashion, would it 'cheapen' her death for you guys?

Personally, I'd say no.

Of course, they don't even revive her in the comics where they basically have revived everyone. Marvel knows bring her back doesn't offer any great new story avenues. Also how would you logical explain her revival? Her neck snapped and she suffered head trauma.

I've got a question to ask everybody:
If the PTBs hypothetically decided they were going to resurrect Gwen in some fashion, would it 'cheapen' her death for you guys?

Personally, I'd say no.

For me it would, Gwen's speech summarises why:
"What makes life valuable is that it doesn't last forever, what makes it precious is that it ends".

For me it would, Gwen's speech summarises why:
"What makes life valuable is that it doesn't last forever, what makes it precious is that it ends".

I disagree that resurrecting her would invalidate her graduation speech because her life still ended, and there's nothing stopping her from dying again were they to bring her back.

how would you logically explain her revival?

As a clone.

Gwen's story has been told. Time to move on. Bringing her back in nightmares or through Mysterio using a hologram or gas to mess with Spidey, great, or even Cameleon pretending to be her to mess with Peter, again, great; but doing the clone thing or resurecting her would so much cheapen her death and that story.

^ I don't think so, but 'to each their own', as they say.

I do think the Clone Saga - with or without Gwen - is something we could eventually see explored in this series, though.

^ But it did. You, just like Peter has started to, need to move on and accept what happened.

I already accepted,i'm just saying that it didn't had to happen, and it isn't like "Oh,just move on" it doesn't work that way.

^ I don't think so, but 'to each their own', as they say.

I do think the Clone Saga - with or without Gwen - is something we could eventually see explored in this series, though.

God, I hope you're wrong.

I really think people really ought to stop staking their position against an adaptation of the Clone Saga simply on principle, because it's the execution of the idea that failed rather than the idea itself.

I've mentioned this a few times over the past few months but I managed to keep Gwen Stacy's full arc a secret from my wife. She's basically only learned anything about Spider-man and his mythos from my talks with her and so on purpose I withheld this piece of info. I really don't like lying to her but I wanted to kind of use this as a gauge for how effective Gwen's fate would be when the time came. Whenever she asked how MJ came into the picture I would respond with, "Peter and Gwen had a falling out." So horrible of me, I know.

To make a long story short, when the scene finally did happen, my wife was in complete shock over it. When Gwen's impact occurred, she grabbed my arm as if to say "WTF?!" And her look to me only reinforced that message. It was great to watch the scene and also to watch her reaction. She leaned forward in her seat a little and was still gripping my arm. After the scene had ended and she saw the funeral bit, she leaned into me and said "I cannot believe that just happened." It was very cool to see her react to this. No, she didn't cry, though she was visibly upset about her death and was asking me all sorts of questions after the movie was over.

To haunt Peter in a dream or as an illusion from Mysterio or Chameleon. But other than that I hope not. We had our time with Gwen.

If Gwen does return for real, be it a clone or some resurrection ********, I will facepalm forever.

Illusions, visions, dreams and Chameleon are okay. :yay:

:awesome:

Ontopic: Gwen Stacy is a beautiful character in these films played by the brilliant Emma Stone, who's excellent performance made us come to love the character of Gwen, and consequently, made the famous Death of Gwen Stacy so much harder to take.

She will be missed.

:awesome:

Ontopic: Gwen Stacy is a beautiful character in these films played by the brilliant Emma Stone, who's excellent performance made i come to love the character of Gwen, and consequently, made the famous Death of Gwen Stacy so much harder to take.

She will be missed.

:up::up::up:

tumblr_mfd8hc4qmw1rgehv3o1_500.gif

:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay