The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Gwen Thread

Did you know that she was originally going to be MJ?

Did you know that she was originally going to be MJ?

As great as she was as Gwen, I think I would have prefered her as MJ. Things would have been very different though...

Emma plays 'cute overachiever' pretty well, but her personality is so MJ. Would've been interesting to hear her say "Face it tiger..." with her raspy voice and feisty attitude. Plus, she can pull off red hair and actually looks better with it. Not many people do. Still she was great as Gwen and will be missed.

Last edited:
Emma was gonna be MJ!? :wow:

I demand evidence... please... could I get some evidence? :O

Not sure if the studio had ever planned to cast MJ for the first movie, but I do remember her saying in interviews that, when she started auditioning for TASM1, she thought that she was auditioning for Mary Jane. The script that was used throughout initial auditions was coded (certian details like the names of supporting characters weren't revealed), and several actresses assumed that the love interest in TASM1 was Mary Jane. If I'm not mistaken, only Elena Satine figured out that it was actually Gwen Stacy based on her knowledge of the comics. Elena wanted MJ specifically. I think the others would've gone for either.

There was this one interview that lasted about 20 minutes where this lady that cast her for Easy A and some other sony movie called her and said they were interested in her auditioning for MJ, but then when she got there it was Gwen or something like that

How about they cast Emma as MJ and we'll all agree that we will never mantion it.

Last edited:
Or just keep Emma Stone in the film via elaborate mysterio illusions and crazy Peter Parker nightmares

Come on we all want Peter to be crying a lot in the next film, I'm picturing moping, grave sitting, apologies, illusions, yelling.

Or just keep Emma Stone in the film via elaborate mysterio illusions and crazy Peter Parker nightmares

Requires Mysterio to know that Peter is Spider-Man though.

See I thought that too, but then someone brought up that his gases could just trigger his most painful memories.

I was thinking if he wanted to modernise it he could have a machine helmet thing that effects brainwaves or chemical responses in the brain? Psuedo-sciencey enough to work in a modern context.

Requires Mysterio to know that Peter is Spider-Man though.

But if Mysetrio is part of the Sinister Six then he would be informed this by the Green Goblin or by the Gentleman.

Last edited:
See I thought that too, but then someone brought up that his gases could just trigger his most painful memories.

I was thinking if he wanted to modernise it he could have a machine helmet thing that effects brainwaves or chemical responses in the brain? Psuedo-sciencey enough to work in a modern context.

That's way too similar to Scarecrow.

But if Mysetrio is art of the Sinister Six then he would be informed this by the Green Goblin or by the Gentleman.

Unfortunately.

^ Maybe not, but it would make sense.

Three ways to make this happen:

1. Cameleon. He could easily take the form of Gwen to mess with Peter Parker's emotions.

2. Nightmares. Or it could be stupid guilt ridden hallucinations, just like Captain Stacy in TASM2. Peter waking up froma nightmare would be better than him just seeing her here and there.

3. Mysterio. This one does make the most sense. Green Goblin knows Spiderman's alias, and so does the Gentleman (assumedly). So either of them could inform the other members of the Sinister Six. Mysterio could use holographic technology, provided by Oscorp (unfortunately), to make Peter see Gwen, which would through him off and make him vulnerable.

Either of these could be used, depending on the make-up of the Sinister Six. There's no doubt that Mysterio, if a member of the Six, would mess with Peter in this way!

^ Maybe not, but it would make sense.

Three ways to make this happen:

1. Cameleon. He could easily take the form of Gwen to mess with Peter Parker's emotions.

2. Nightmares. Or it could be stupid guilt ridden hallucinations, just like Captain Stacy in TASM2. Peter waking up froma nightmare would be better than him just seeing her here and there.

3. Mysterio. This one does make the most sense. Green Goblin knows Spiderman's alias, and so does the Gentleman (assumedly). So either of them could inform the other members of the Sinister Six. Mysterio could use holographic technology, provided by Oscorp (unfortunately), to make Peter see Gwen, which would through him off and make him vulnerable.

Either of these could be used, depending on the make-up of the Sinister Six. There's no doubt that Mysterio, if a member of the Six, would mess with Peter in this way!

:up:
I personally like the sound of this one.

3 is good also but I just don't want to see the Chameleon in these films.

No way should the Chameleon pretend to be Gwen. A villain should not be dressing as a teenage girl and trying to make her boyfriend think it's his girlfriend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"