• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian: General Thread

For some reason the first thing that came to my mind was that this technology will make making sports movies waaaaaay easier because they can use the screens to not only generate the stadium/arenas but also fans. Damn, I knew this tech was amazing before watching the episode and I'm still mindblown. :wow: I think superhero movies especially are going to benefit hugely from this tech.

Last edited:
Unexpected outcome from this docuseries is that I kind of get the feeling Kathleen Kennedy actually does know and cares a lot about Star Wars.

I've always found the extent to which part of the fanbase has gone to make her look like the villain ridiculous, but I can't exactly say I trust her judgment with Star Wars either. It's been far too hit or miss lately.

Last edited:
Unexpected outcome from this docuseries is that I kind of get the feeling Kathleen Kennedy actually does know and cares a lot about Star Wars.

From my interaction, the people who have this odd beef with her, know nothing about her.

Specifically, her resume.

Or how long she's been involved with the geek genre they claim to be part of.

I've always found the extent to which part of the fanbase has gone to make her look like the villain ridiculous, but I can't exactly say I trust her judgment with Star Wars either. It's been far too hit or miss lately.

Exactly. I don’t know her as a person and we even spoke briefly at the Ep. IX afterparty and she was the nicest person ever. Totally professional and so easy to talk to.

But yeah, as far as her being at the helm of Star Wars, my satisfaction rate is at an all time low for the franchise so it’s not personal but it’s just where I am with what I’ve been given since 2012. It just sucks you can’t say that without people getting defensive.

IMO, Rise of Skywalker was the only miss, but considering it was capping off not only the trilogy but all the Skywalker Saga... that’s a pretty big miss.

IMO, Rise of Skywalker was the only miss, but considering it was capping off not only the trilogy but all the Skywalker Saga... that’s a pretty big miss.
I mean, personal feelings about the movies aside, Last Jedi was hugely divisive even among the general audience, causing a massive backlash which no doubt played a role in Solo's box office failure, not to mention that Solo's production was also a complete mess, then we got RoS which was once again divisive and while it did well at the box office definitely could've performed better, and then Kenobi gets delayed. If it weren't for Mandalorian and Clone Wars she would probably be in seriously hot water right now.

The franchise was in a very strong place after TFA and Rogue One. For varying reasons none of the entries since were unqualified successes. Mandalorian is an awesome shot in the arm for the future though.
The future of Star Wars seems to be on Disney Plus, which I do not mind at all especially if they are handled how Mandalorian has been handled thus far. Hell, it was always George Lucas’s plan to continue Star Wars on television after the prequels

After Solo bombing and how badly the sequel trilogy was handled & received by most fans, I think it’s smart to take a break from big budget movies for awhile

The future of Star Wars seems to be on Disney Plus, which I do not mind at all especially if they are handled how Mandalorian has been handled thus far. Hell, it was always George Lucas’s plan to continue Star Wars on television after the prequels

After Solo bombing and how badly the sequel trilogy was handled & received by most fans, I think it’s smart to take a break from big budget movies for awhile
Hopefully there is a barrage of shows of this quality to come. There is plenty of material for them to cover.

Kevin Smith just described seeing The Volume in person. He did something for Disney+ and they asked if he wanted to see it.

The future of Star Wars seems to be Dave Filoni

Fixed.

Star Wars will and forever be meant for the big screen. But if Filoni, the true successor of George Lucas’s vision, has the urge to tell stories with the help of other strong filmmakers like Jon Favreau, I’m up for whatever medium he wants to tell it on.

I really hope Disney finally realizes how valuable Filoni is, a gifted storyteller who understands Star Wars better than anyone short of Lucas himself, who he frequently speaks with directly, is beloved by the fanbase, and for whom making Star Wars is his dream job. Watching the Disney Gallery: Mandalorian episodes I'm optimistic that they've learned to trust his instincts more, they definitely seem to want him to become more well known outside of the cartoon fans. Hopefully they won't hold him back at all when the Rebels sequel comes along.

His love, passion and understanding for Star Wars is unmatched. Truly George Lucas's protege and definently true successor, which hopefully he will be some day after Katherine Kennedy

I really don't think Filoni is right for the position of head of LFL. What he does is much more hands on, you need him in a creative position.

Filoni's talents would be wasted in such a high up position. Let him make his own shows, without interference, and occasionally ask for his advice on story decisions for other projects.

Last edited:
Filoni's talents would be wasted in such a high up position. Let him make his own shows, without interference, and occasionally ask for his advice on story decisions for other projects.

I agree with what John Campea said after watching the first episodes of the documentary series. He said Filoni is going to be a great director SOME DAY. Filoni said how new he is to directing live action and spent time on the sets of the other episodes to learnt from the other ones. The willingness and the desire to learn are key qualities in him. We don't know how long it will take but I too have feeling he could get there someday. His most important quality is a clear vision and how he wants to execute it, both as a storyteller or producer and as a director.

Fixed.

Star Wars will and forever be meant for the big screen. But if Filoni, the true successor of George Lucas’s vision, has the urge to tell stories with the help of other strong filmmakers like Jon Favreau, I’m up for whatever medium he wants to tell it on.
His love, passion and understanding for Star Wars is unmatched. Truly George Lucas's protege and definently true successor, which hopefully he will be some day after Katherine Kennedy

Totally agree

Both Filoni & Favreau have shown with the Mandalorian and how they’ve expressed themselves in the Gallery series that they love & understand Star Wars

These are the people we need to get back on track with high quality Star Wars material. I truly hope they can become the Kevin Feige of the Star Wars Universe. I don’t trust Kathleen Kennedy at all, especially with how she has had a merry go round of directors coming in & out of projects, but I hope she lets them work their magic with no outside interference

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"