Spider-Man The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - - - - Part 13

I'm getting the Figuarts Raimi Spidey for sure. Best thing about NWH for me is updated merch.

4293b44c779f902aaca574c5e2164aaa.jpg

The Raimi trilogy definitely is pure comfort for me too. I always mention how film is sort of like a moment in time forever captured, and when I'm feeling down or sad, those movies are there to remind me of a time where the only thing I had to make me feel comfort was that world and for those 2 hours, all is right in the world. I rewatched the movies back in april in 4k, and I'm already getting the urge again. It's hard for me to ever get bored watching them. When the Elfman score hits, I can see my life flashing before my eyes.

Last edited:
I had a dream last night that the Raimi trilogy would be put on Disney+ on New Years Eve.

There goes our chance of ever getting another cut of Spider-Man 3. What I also got from this is that he could’ve added more deleted scene but he chose not to

I'm going to get it. I don't have a record player but I need it. It's too gorgeous.

I also appreciate it using the original art and posters instead of those bland awful new ones they plaster on a lot of the re-releases for the blu-rays and streaming.

Last edited:
I'm going to get it. I don't have a record player but I need it. It's too gorgeous.

I also appreciate it using the original art and posters instead of those bland awful new ones they plaster on a lot of the re-releases for the blu-rays and streaming.
Imagine a Spider-Man 2 Steel Book with this as the cover?

maxresdefault.jpg

I’ve always had a theory that Linkin Park’s “What I’ve Done” was originally made for Spider-Man 3. It’s too big of a coincidence that that song was attached to Transformers in the very same Summer. That song really has nothing to do with Transformers, but it describes the entire plot of Spider-Man 3.

Very nice sculptures. It's nuts how much work is done by artists only to be vaulted and never seen. I remember watching a screenjunkies video where one of the hosts mentioned a friend who had worked on the practical Vulture costume. It's easy to forget the work that was already going on before Sony pulled the plug.

Spider-Man 4: New Details of Sam Raimi's Canceled Film Revealed

However, new details about the film shed a light on what could've been. Speaking with CinemaBlend's Sean O'Connell for his new book, Great Power: How Spider-Man Conquered Hollywood During The Golden Age of Blockbusters, storyboard artist Jeffrey Henderson revealed that Spider-Man 4 would've seen Spidey going up against The Vulture played by John Malkovich. This version of the character would've been some kind of government contractor who did all kinds of dirty work. His super villain name would've stemmed from the fact that "he didn't leave anything but bones behind" when he finished his jobs. To really highlight that, the film would've had a brutal action scene that saw Spider-Man on the brink of death, more than we had seen in previous films. Henderson also confirmed that the film would've had a fun opening montage that saw Spidey rounding up villains that Raimi never intended to use, including Mysterio.

"We were going to open the movie with this montage of all the villains we knew that Sam would never be able to use in Spider-Man movies," said Henderson. "Because Peter, now that MJ has gone, he has finally made peace, and he loves being Spider-Man. He's actually enjoying it. So we were going to try to do The Shocker, Mysterio, The Stilt Man, and that kind of stuff."

This all sounds really cool! Too bad we never got to see it!

Huh. Not much new info, but Raimi was going to keep Peter and MJ separated? Interesting.

That is interesting considering it looked like they reconciled at the end of 3.

Sam Raimi's SPIDER-MAN 4: New Details About Vulturess Emerge And She WOULDN'T Have Been Felicia Hardy

Well, it appears we were mistaken because a new book, With Great Power, sheds some light on Raimi's real plans. Storyboard artist Jeffrey Henderson reveals that Eternals star Angelina Jolie was "attached to this pivotal role for a short amount of time" as Adrian Toomes' daughter.

As well as suiting up as Vulturess, the unnamed character was set to be "an accomplished executive representing a venture capital firm that was trying to buy the Daily Bugle." What led to this businesswoman becoming a supervillain? The death of her dear old dad!

"They were going to have a big brawl-for-it-all, where Vulture almost kills Spider-Man," Henderson explains. "And then Spider-Man at the last minute - he’s really wounded, he’s bleeding really badly, he’s in real trouble - Peter finally, almost as a reaction, forces The Vulture off."

"When he does, it snaps some of the stuff from the wings, so he ends up just tumbling into the ether, off the top of the Citicorp building. That’s what does him in."

It's also noted that Hathaway was indeed eyed to play Black Cat, meaning Peter Parker would have more than likely found a new love interest in the wake of Mary Jane Watson's departure.

Huh so if I'm reading this right this means Vultress and Felicia Hardy/Black Cat would have been separate characters then. That makes way more sense since I remember Raimi said year later in a interview that he was Hardy was definitely going to be Black Cat.

I gotta pick this book up, there seems to be a lot of interesting tidbits coming out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"