Spider-Man The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - - - - Part 13

The idea of Peter accidentally killing a villain part of the way through the movie is really interesting. MJ being gone, with Black Cat as a new love interest is pretty surprising. That kind of makes the last three movies and that relationship pretty damn sad.

Yeah lol poor Peter.

It really speaks to his line No Way Home though when he’s telling Garfield’s Peter about MJ: “It took a while, but we made it work.”

I would hope that MJ would still be present in the film, even if not the main female lead.

If on the off chance that Sony abandons their villain spinoff craze and refocuses on a final solo Maguire film with both him, Raimi and Dunst returning (yes I know her MJ is flaky and ho-ish) -- it would be a sure hit. The plot behind the abandoned SM-4 has too much going on (a la SM-3) so they were right to abandon it.

They would have to write a fourth film from scratch (or use parts from the drafts from Gary Ross, David Lindsay Abaire and James Vanderbilt that worked) and make it smaller and more intimate. No end of the world stakes, just make an exciting movie that's focused on Peter, MJ, one villain and any potential Parker offspring. Give fans what they want (a la NWH) but with a window for Maguire to return to MCU films for cameos if he wanted.

Spider-Man 2 will forever be my comfort movie.

It is the GREATEST comic book movie of the 21st century. Bar none.

I'm a DC guy but SM-2 hits the sweet spot of peak summer blockbuster and intimate character drama. Yes, it beats the Nolan Batman movies and Patty's first WW film in my book.

If on the off chance that Sony abandons their villain spinoff craze and refocuses on a final solo Maguire film with both him, Raimi and Dunst returning (yes I know her MJ is flaky and ho-ish) -- it would be a sure hit. The plot behind the abandoned SM-4 has too much going on (a la SM-3) so they were right to abandon it.

They would have to write a fourth film from scratch (or use parts from the drafts from Gary Ross, David Lindsay Abaire and James Vanderbilt that worked) and make it smaller and more intimate. No end of the world stakes, just make an exciting movie that's focused on Peter, MJ, one villain and any potential Parker offspring. Give fans what they want (a la NWH) but with a window for Maguire to return to MCU films for cameos if he wanted.
I don't buy Spider-Man 4 being feasible in any sense of the word. Yes, I know NWH exists, but I highly doubt Sony is remotely interested in making it or revisiting the Raimiverse, same as TASM 3. In a perfect world, we would have gotten both, but as it stands, we're getting none and should keep expectations as realistic as possible.

I don't buy Spider-Man 4 being feasible in any sense of the word. Yes, I know NWH exists, but I highly doubt Sony is remotely interested in making it or revisiting the Raimiverse, same as TASM 3. In a perfect world, we would have gotten both, but as it stands, we're getting none and should keep expectations as realistic as possible.

It is the easiest thing Sony could've done instead of doubling down on the villain spinoffs. Frankly, I'm shocked Tom Rothman hasn't put those in development -- people still love Tobey and Andrew. It's entirely possible Sony's deal with Marvel Studios/Disney forbids them from doing a Raimi SM-4 and TASM3.

If I were Sony, I would gladly let Disney co-finance 30% of the Holland SM-4 as long as they were able to do a Tobey SM-4 and TASM3. Let Marvel Studios produce them for the studio like they did with the Holland movies, but Sony finances and owns the movies. It is a financial win-win for both studios.

The only feasible thing I see happening, aside from Tobey and Andrew maybe returning for Secret Wars, is Sony wanting to build their universe up to an event film starting with whatever unfolds in Madame Web. Maybe a fully-fledged big live-action Spider-Verse movie.

But even then, it's just speculation. Sony also isn't exactly smart with their creative decisions either so SM4 and TASM 3 will never happen and I will stand by that belief in order to avoid disappointment.

This all sounds really cool! Too bad we never got to see it!

I don't like the idea of Mysterio being reduced to a goofy intro cameo. Vulture being at least tangentially related to the government would be an interesting idea, different kind of villain from what we had gotten before.

MJ being gone, with Black Cat as a new love interest is pretty surprising. That kind of makes the last three movies and that relationship pretty damn sad.

It would be a drastic change from how central she was in the first 3 movies and her comics version, I guess it could work with her returning later but yes a lot of people would feel disappointed of one true not continuing.

They would have to write a fourth film from scratch (or use parts from the drafts from Gary Ross, David Lindsay Abaire and James Vanderbilt that worked) and make it smaller and more intimate. No end of the world stakes, just make an exciting movie that's focused on Peter, MJ, one villain and any potential Parker offspring.

With already having seen Vulture recently (but Lizard longer ago and most viewers not impressed) I don't think anyone would mind now finally seeing Baker Lizard but Raimi probably still isn't that interested in him (or seemingly in determining if Peter and Mary Jane should be together).

Do you think it could have been better in Dr. Octopus survived, or if Eddie Brock had been separated from the symbiote but survived? All of the villains except Sandman dying feels excessive (although Raimi wouldn't have been interested in doing Venom again or having him become an antihero).

Last edited:
She would have come back at some point during the movie. It's hard to imagine her not being in it after how the last three revolved around them.

Sam Raimi's Unmade Spider-Man 4 Could Have Featured The Vulture's Daughter Taking Over The Daily Bugle [Exclusive] - /Film

I recently spoke with storyboard artist Jeff Henderson, who worked on "Spider-Man 4" before it was scrapped. During our conversation, he revealed that yes, Vulture would have been part of the film, as has been revealed in the past. But he admits there was never a definitive version of the story, as things were constantly evolving in the development stage. One version, though, would have seen Vulture's daughter as a "central character" who would have taken over The Daily Bugle, leaving J. Jonah Jameson out in the cold:

"The Daily Bugle was going to get bought out by a huge multinational conglomerate, kind of like a Daily News or a TMZ. They wanted to turn the Daily Bugle into a gossip rag. And for all of JJJ's faults, he was still a newsman. He's still old school like Walter Cronkite, 'News is news, this is bulls***,' that kind of thing. I thought thematically that was a really good way in, because you have that conflict between the modern and social media sensibility about news versus the old school version. So JJJ kind of got cast aside. The reveal was that the female executive who's in charge of the buyout, who's overseeing the company that's taken over The Bugle, ends up being [Vulture's] daughter."

Henderson, speaking further, explained how some of the plot beats would have worked out following the takeover of the Bugle:

"So they're covering all this stuff going on with the Vulture and then she comes to believe that Spider-Man killed him. Then she discovers [Vulture's] tech and reconnects. Again, it was a really cool way in and it touched on a lot of really cool thematic stuff going on at the time, which, especially how it's played out since, was a lot more on the nose than I think we knew at the time."

Read More: Sam Raimi's Unmade Spider-Man 4 Could Have Featured The Vulture's Daughter Taking Over The Daily Bugle [Exclusive] - /Film

I’d kill to have seen this. A comic-accurate Vulture costume looks unbelievably cool. And Malkovich would have killed it.

This is so much cooler and sinister looking than what we got in the MCU. It's a travesty this didn't come to fruition. The use of practical fx here, similar to Ocks tentacles in Spider-Man 2, would have been tremendous.

I’d kill to have seen this. A comic-accurate Vulture costume looks unbelievably cool. And Malkovich would have killed it.

The photo is pretty cool but ugh Ken Penders :barf:

Yeah I felt the same. But hey, I guess this shows that even Ken Penders is still occassionally capable of giving fans something they want...

wow surprisingly very accurate to the classic comics. Mmmm I would have liked to have seen the full suit completed.

I wish they never would’ve released this **** man. Spider-Man 4 should’ve happened but oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"