Spider-Man The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - - - - Part 13

I think at the time people were really disappointed in how small Venom's role was and held it against the movie a lot, but honestly like I said he fills his role in the story quite well and in the end isn't that what you want a movie to do with a character?
I never had a big problem with that. Before Spider-Man 3 came out I had looked at every officially released trailer, clip, and tv spot and it had become apparent that Venom was only going to be in the final fight. I went to the movie expecting that to be the case. But also Spider-Man in the Black Suit was basically the main mascot of the marketing for that movie. Again it stood to reason that that’s what the majority of the movie would be about.

Unfortunately, still not happening realistically speaking. That ship has sailed long ago.

That being said, I would not be opposed to him directing MCU Spider-Man 4 since Jon Watts is pretty much out and it's a somewhat fresh start for Peter's arc going forward, or even getting him to direct Secret Wars if it means directing all the Spider-Men, but especially Tobey one last time.

For me, I would rather have Sam Raimi direct a Ghost Rider 10 episode series starring Norman Reedus/Adam Driver/Someone unknown as Johnny Blaze.

How about Matthew Vaughn as the director for Tom' second trilogy since he really wanted to directed a Spider-Man film during the early 2010s?
Matthew Vaughn Wants Spider-Man Reboot

Even though this was released a year after Spider-Man 2, I wished this was part of the cd soundtrack.

Of course the odds of Raimi's Spidey 4 are almost non-existent, but who knows? Who'd have thought that after moving on from Tobey and Andrew we'd see them again, and together? Or Hugh Jackman's Wolverine after its send off? Or Keaton Bats after 30 years. We still may got some surprises with those studios.

Main difference is that there is yet to be another solo film with any of them as a main character. I just don't think studios are going to consider it given the current actors playing the characters and how successful their versions have been.

Them popping up in other films that feature the multiverse as a main theme is the best we're ever going to get. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'm not hopeful.

I wanted to recommend a YouTube channel to you guys. This user collects merch exclusively from the Raimi Trilogy. Some of the stuff he’s been able to acquire is really obscure.

Main difference is that there is yet to be another solo film with any of them as a main character. I just don't think studios are going to consider it given the current actors playing the characters and how successful their versions have been.

Them popping up in other films that feature the multiverse as a main theme is the best we're ever going to get. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'm not hopeful.
I’d love Spider-Man 4 especially since in my opinion none of the live action films post 2007 have lived up to the Raimi films. However, if it doesn’t happen (which is likely) I’m cool with it because Spider-Man 3 is a film that I really like and it mostly tied up all loose ends. Though it does suck that 4 got cancelled since it sounds like Raimi really wanted to makeup for how 3 turned out.

I wanted to recommend a YouTube channel to you guys. This user collects merch exclusively from the Raimi Trilogy. Some of the stuff he’s been able to acquire is really obscure.

I had that Spider-Man 3 popcorn bag for a decade after it came out haha. Stashed all my movie tickets in there.

I had that Spider-Man 3 popcorn bag for a decade after it came out haha. Stashed all my movie tickets in there.
I forgot about the movie themed popcorn bags from back in the day. I remember getting a large popcorn bucket at Regal in 2003 promoting The Hulk and it came with a dvd containing two episodes of the Bill Bixsby series.

So i moved into my current house in 2014, which was my grandmas since the 60s before she passed in 2013. I brought all the stuff from my old house here that I grew up in. Long story short, I forgot what happened to all my Raimi Spidey merch and other stuff. My garage here has a ton of stuff in it, and today we decided to empty it out. We've had a rat problem unfortunately, and i know they crapped and peed over everything. Well, guess what? Found a bunch of Raimi Spider-Man magazines from 2002-2004. Some of them even had my print outs of a flyer for the Spider-Man 2 DVD as well. also a game informer i got in the mail debuting images from the second game from summer of 2003. the movie story book and all of that. sadly, I don't think it's safe to keep, despite being in excellent condition. It's not worth getting sick over keeping stuff for memories sake, but I can't believe I still had all of them all this time.

I think Russell Crowe could have made a really good Kraven in this series in a 4 or 5, he made some lesser choices and roles later but I think him being in the Kraven film is still pretty promising.

I think Russell Crowe could have made a really good Kraven in this series in a 4 or 5, he made some lesser choices and roles later but I think him being in the Kraven film is still pretty promising.
For me, I would cast an actor who's older than William Dafoe and Alfred Molina such as Jean Reno, Ian Mcshane, or Liam Neeson.
If it's going to be the same age gap as Dafoe and Molina, then I would've fancasted Antonio Banderas or Billy Bob Throne.

latest

I still remember this being the first picture of Spider-Man that I saw. It was in an issue of Disney Adventures and I remember staring at it in my fourth grade class.

Last edited:
Just rewatched the raimi trilogy for the first time in a while and man, i love these movies so much. No other spider man movie has ever gotten close to this quality. They are just so much fun and so comforting to watch, every character is perfectly cast and each movie works perfectly on its own, but when you put all 3 movies together, they all just strengthen each other and make for such a satisfying trilogy imo. So glad i have these on 4K, this will always be my spider man

Ah, I've been meaning to get new sleep paralysis demons. :o

Would there have been a good way to have Eddie/Venom separated/defeated but not die? Or to have Dr. Octopus alive at the end of 2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"