• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Official PS4 Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely getting a PS4, just hope they have a lot of great exclusives for it. Now that KH3 and the other Final Fantasy games are multiplat, it really kind of gives Microsoft an edge in the exclusives department...although since I'm not a particular fan of shooters those are exclusives that I don't really care for

so I've heard the word "gaikai" used in the past... what exactly is gaikai?

I dont need a bundle since any game I want / know I will like will be purchased digitally. Bring it

so I've heard the word "gaikai" used in the past... what exactly is gaikai?

Gaikai is a video game streaming service that Sony purchased awhile ago. They are going to use it to "eventually" stream PS3 games onto the PS4.

I don't know what bundle I Want with PS4. My PS3 was FIFA 10 bundle. I want Uncharted 4 this time but I guess I have to wait.. That's why I haven't pre-ordered.

I'd love more Uncharted but is it really gonna happen!?
Perhaps Drakes kid and Drake moving into the Sully role.

“If You go With 4GB of GDDR5″ RAM on PS4, “You Are Done,” Randy Pitchford Told Sony
Our very own Anthony Severino was able to be a part of a roundtable with Adam Boyes, VP of Publisher Relations at SCEA today, with a whole bunch of different topics being discussed, and one of them was all about the PS4 and its RAM.

For Adam personally, his “favorite moment was getting to announce to the whole developer community that we had double the RAM to 8GB of GDDR5,” because they did originally have 4GB of GDDR5 on the system.

Recounting the story of how they went from 4GB to 8GB, Adam was actually at Gearbox (Borderlands), with Randy Pitchford, President of Gearbox, telling him, “If you go with 4GB of GDDR5, you are done.” Following that statement, Boyes says that the entire room of about 30 people added in that “you guys, you never listen, you’ve never been good at this stuff.”

After hearing this, Adam says he had a mini-breakdown, and it wasn’t until he reflected on this and asked himself the question, “Are we going to be the best console in every single category?” before things started moving, because “the answer used to be no.”

So, Adam went back to the developers about the possibility of doing 8GB of RAM, getting responses like “that would be incredible.” He then took all the feedback to Tokyo, got the thumbs up, and the rest is history.

Stay tuned to PSLS for more from Adam Boyes and all things E3 2013.
Link

I'd love more Uncharted but is it really gonna happen!?
Perhaps Drakes kid and Drake moving into the Sully role.
I'm really hoping they do do a Drake and his kid story because then they would completely be copying everything from Indiana Jones.

Jeff Gerstmann ‏@jeffgerstmann:
Destiny control scheme. You'll notice that it's got an aim down sights trigger (I didn't know that). pic.twitter.com/H3npXta92K
Link

BMly7XnCYAE7-SO.jpg:large

Sony's Shuhei Yoshida says PS4 can offload calculations to cloud, if developers choose
Microsoft has touted the Xbox One's cloud-computing capabilities, promising that the system's hardware resources can be freed up by accessing remote servers that handle AI and physics calculations. Those remote computations, Microsoft says, will allow the Xbox One, unlike the Xbox 360, to become more powerful over time.

Sony Computer Entertainment's Shuhei Yoshida says that the PlayStation 4 can tap into similar technology, offloading processes that are typically handled locally to the cloud.

Yoshida said that "of course" PS4 developers will be able to take advantage of cloud-based computing for their titles.

"Linking, matchmaking... there are already many computations being done on the cloud side," Yoshida said, adding that there are limitations to what processes can be offloaded to a remote computer, due to latency and bandwidth.

Asked whether cloud-based computing technology would face issues of adoption, since Sony does not require an online connection for PS4, Yoshida said, "No."

"We don't believe every title needs that," he said. "But if your title needs [an] online connection to provide some online features: Go for it."

When Sony unveiled the PlayStation 4, it focused on using cloud-based technology for the delivery of streaming games, instant-play demos and the ability to let a friend on the internet take over gameplay on your PlayStation 4. Microsoft's implementation of cloud-based computing emphasized tapping into "variable number of transistors in the cloud."

Gaikai's cloud service is coming to PlayStation 4 sometime in 2014 after the console's initial launch.
Link

Sony's Shuhei Yoshida says PS4 can offload calculations to cloud, if developers choose

Link

That's the way it should be approached. If you're game is already online required (like a Warhawk), then go for it with the extra help from cloud. It's going to be online only anyway, what's it hurt. For single player games that can play just fine with the hardware, what's the point? Now if we get to some point near the end of nextgen where the hardware is lagging behind, and cloud computing is needed for extra umph to make a really spectacular game possible, fine. I just don't like MS's though process of making SimCity, and Diablo 3 DRM the standard for every game. Especially when a lot of games just don't need it.

I have too many trophies on my account to make a new one. My PSN name is a record of my history. Not only the games I played but all my purchases. I can't abandon it bc if that

Same here. I'm not super happy with my PSN name.But I will deal with it.Dammit the Launch PS4 is already sold out on Amazon.

Anyone know if The Order 1886 will be third person shooter?

According to this it's third person.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/e3-2013-the-order-1886s-obsession-with-alternate-history

"The Order: 1886 is a third-person action adventure game that relies a great deal on battling with futuristic-looking guns, as seen during the latter half of the trailer. However, Weerasuriya noted that The Order doesn’t rely on a “single tone.” It will deliver different kinds of gameplay experiences and combat situations in its campaign, which is story-driven and linearly delivered"

I hope not, that's one thing I hated about IJ movies

Where do you see the series going, carrying on from where U3 left off?
Drake and Elena married/re-married and going on adventures, I'd like a Vita game to fill in that story between U2/U3 always felt like I had missed something.

Where do you see the series going, carrying on from where U3 left off?
Drake and Elena married/re-married and going on adventures, I'd like a Vita game to fill in that story between U2/U3 always felt like I had missed something.
theres plenty of things they can do. The great thing about Uncharted is that each game is its own self contained tale and they haven't written themselves into a corner. Next game can just be a brand new adventure.

Last edited:
theres plenty of things they can do. The great thing about Uncharted is that each game is its own self contained tell and they haven't written themselves into a corner. Next game can just be a brand new adventure.

True but I like the relationships we have with the characters now, so even if its a new adventure, furthering the overall story would be nice.

So excited for this. Pre-ordered the PS4 along with Fifa 14 yesterday. Can't wait for the first first big RPG for the system. Sony really won hands down E3.

I just want to know the release date ... so I know when I need a big chunk of change in my bank, and also to know how long I've got left to play this gens games before the big trade in.

I got an e-mail from Amazon saying that my PS4 pre-order is the launch version. :up:

I still don't know if I'm going to be able to afford it, or if I even want it right away, so I might end up cancelling it if I don't have a job by then, or let my brother pay for it since he says he's getting one at launch. I'll let him take it and then judge if I want to get one sooner rather than later.

Definitely getting a PS4, just hope they have a lot of great exclusives for it. Now that KH3 and the other Final Fantasy games are multiplat, it really kind of gives Microsoft an edge in the exclusives department...although since I'm not a particular fan of shooters those are exclusives that I don't really care for

Sony has a ton of studios working on exclusives. And with Naughty Dog you know we are going to get another game of the year in 2014.

I just want to know the release date ... so I know when I need a big chunk of change in my bank, and also to know how long I've got left to play this gens games before the big trade in.

Exactly...I need at least a three month head start to start saving :p

Anyone preordered from Best Buy? I wasn't sure if they had any preorder bonuses. Also, is anyone purchasing a protection plan with their system?

Anyone preordered from Best Buy? I wasn't sure if they had any preorder bonuses. Also, is anyone purchasing a protection plan with their system?
i have one ordered with BB. I don't think there is a bonus and really they don't need to throw one in as these will sell out. No protection plan for me, at least not yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"