The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to Chelsea, never felt too confident going into this and it's just another confirmation that United are a far cry from being anywhere near decent over a season.

Another piss poor performance from United. Major changes need to be made this summer.

Also, how and why on earth is Jones starting for United?

**** this ****e, at least LvG won us the bloody FA Cup.

Our season in a nutshell today. Feared the worst when Lukaku was out injured but the dire first half performance deserved nothing but a loss today. One of the worst finals I can remember and Chelsea weren't great themselves but didnt need to be and won the battle of the least inept, fair play to them.

Glad the season is over but the last few weeks of poor performances have at least prepared me nicely for watching England trying to string two passes together, lawd help us if Rashford and Lingard play anything like they did today, Panama and Tunisia have nothing to fear, lol.

It's just been such a strange up and down season. We really need to clean our squad.

With Mourinho as manager we're always going to play below the attackig level of the squad and have a toxic atmosphere, it'll forever be a case of "If only X, Y, and Z happened..."

Maybe he just isn't a good fit for Utd.

I definitely think that's part of the issue, ever since he left Madrid Mlueinho hasn't be the untouchable success he was, and I think in terms of personality and football he doesn't quite gel with United. He's the best there is right now, but he's not good enough for big trophies.

The lack of any sort of replacement will keep Jose in the job for a while yet but I dont see anyone else catching City any time soon anyway.

I definitely think that's part of the issue, ever since he left Madrid Mlueinho hasn't be the untouchable success he was, and I think in terms of personality and football he doesn't quite gel with United. He's the best there is right now, but he's not good enough for big trophies.

Do you think he might get overtaken by Klopp?

The lack of any sort of replacement will keep Jose in the job for a while yet but I dont see anyone else catching City any time soon anyway.

Luis Enrique is available and apparently got turned down by Arsenal because he was asking for too much money. $$$ is not a problem for United.

Of course, our board are too spineless to sack Jose and go for a guy like Luis Enrique because, as Woodward said a few days ago, as long as United make money it doesn't matter whether or not they actually win trophies.

Weird time to be a United fan.

There's a feeling I can't shake that United are in serious danger of becoming the new Arsenal if we're not careful.

Congrats to our resident Chelsea fans. :)

Mourinho got a taste of his own bus in that second half, I truly feel things are even worse than they were under LvG in terms of the play and the morale at the club, the 2nd place is nothing but a crack coverer, he's poison and my biggest worry is who he'll sell and what kind of giant cloggers he'll lumber us with before we finally jettison him.

Oh, and sorry, needed to get some rants out of my system, but...

Congrats to Chelsea. I think after the disappointing season they've had, for Conte to get a win in the FA Cup is a pretty big achievement, so kudos to him.

Gutted, love the FA Cup :(

Game was a tight enough game, then once Chelsea got their goal from the penalty it was clear what their intentions were, to sit back & try to hit us on the break. Feel Lukaku was a massive miss for us, just as I said before he even signed for us when people mocked his record against the 'big 6', he's a striker that should be judged on more than just goals. Rashford's biggest asset is his pace & with Chelsea sitting so deep that practically nullified a big part of his game.

Overall I didn't think we deserved to lose, we controlled the game, had Chelsea pinned in their own box for most of the 2nd half & created several good chances a couple of which we should/could have scored if not for good goalkeeping/poor finishing. Congrats to Chelsea though, can hardly hold a grudge about winning a game they deserved to lose because we've done it a dozen times this season. :D

Mourinho got a taste of his own bus in that second half, I truly feel things are even worse than they were under LvG in terms of the play and the morale at the club, the 2nd place is nothing but a crack coverer, he's poison and my biggest worry is who he'll sell and what kind of giant cloggers he'll lumber us with before we finally jettison him.

I don't know why you are worried, outside of selling De Gea, Pogba, Matic, Lukaku, Bailly, Herrera or Rashford, everyone else is expendable & can be replaced easily, should we lose one of the above, those are a little harder to replace IMO.

Since SAF retired this is the highest point tally we've had, highest league finish, most goals scored & fewest goals conceded in a season. This is all while we've been clearing out mistakes from not only the Moyes/LvG era, but even some that remain from the SAF era. Jose deserves some credit IMO, I mean look at the state of the squad, the majority of the good players are the ones he's signed! We've Ashley Young & Antonio Valencia playing fullback, young & inconsistent strikers playing as our wide men or Juan Mata, who isn't a wide player.. our squad is ridiculously mediocre & imbalanced. In fact I'd even go as far as to say this, I think in comparison to the top 6 teams in the PL, on paper, we probably only have a better squad than Arsenal.

We need to have a big summer ahead of us, realistically I want to see 4 or 5 players come in with 4 or 5 going.

I don't know why you are worried, outside of selling De Gea, Pogba, Matic, Lukaku, Bailly, Herrera or Rashford, everyone else is expendable & can be replaced easily, should we lose one of the above, those are a little harder to replace IMO.

Pogba, Martial and Rashford, and he's crucified Shaw already, plus you skipped over the part about the fact he'll also lumber us with his aging dog soldiers on huge wages when he's finally flushed down the toilet.

Since SAF retired this is the highest point tally we've had, highest league finish, most goals scored & fewest goals conceded in a season. This is all while we've been clearing out mistakes from not only the Moyes/LvG era, but even some that remain from the SAF era. Jose deserves some credit IMO, I mean look at the state of the squad, the majority of the good players are the ones he's signed! We've Ashley Young & Antonio Valencia playing fullback, young & inconsistent strikers playing as our wide men or Juan Mata, who isn't a wide player.. our squad is ridiculously mediocre & imbalanced. In fact I'd even go as far as to say this, I think in comparison to the top 6 teams in the PL, on paper, we probably only have a better squad than Arsenal.
I'm not interested in a few poxy stats of minor importance, Pep made him his ***** and finished nearly 20 points ahead of him, with the garbage Mourinho has served up he'd need to deliver a treble to get a tiny pat on the back from me, no trophy is worth his poisonous personality and soul destroying football, it is some of the worst I've ever seen. As far as the players he's signed, so far Lukaku and Matic are the only two he could count as working out to any degree. Ibra was here for 6 months, Pogba and Bailly have regressed under him, he sold Mkhi, Lindelof has barely played and Sanchez has been utterly crap for all but 2 halves since he brought him in. He deserves nothing, he's spent a fortune and has ruined the bulk of our best young flair players while creating a toxic atmosphere and producing football even Tony Pulis would turn his nose up at.

We need to have a big summer ahead of us, realistically I want to see 4 or 5 players come in with 4 or 5 going.
We need a new manager, no matter who we buy it'll still be dog**** under this odious little narcissist.

No real RW (Mata and Lingard keep drifting centrally)
No real LW (Sanchez keeps dropping deep and cutting inside)
No real fulbacks (Young cut inside all the time and Valencia just stay behind the half-way line)

We're playing to narrow at the moment it's shocking.

Sanchez, again, is abysmal.

There's a feeling I can't shake that United are in serious danger of becoming the new Arsenal if we're not careful.

There does seem to be room for another top 6 side to drift outside of the top 4 long term like Arsenal. Spurs and Liverpool have some momentum so Utd and Chelsea better buck their ideas up to ensure they don't gradually suffer the same fate.

Oh, and sorry, needed to get some rants out of my system, but...

Congrats to Chelsea. I think after the disappointing season they've had, for Conte to get a win in the FA Cup is a pretty big achievement, so kudos to him.
Yeah, congrats to Chelsea fans after a difficult season and Conte, especially if that's his last game in charge.

They have already become the new Arsenal since 2013..Only difference is they have spent a lot more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"