The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 51

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs getting Moura for £25m according to Sky now, absolute bargain in this market to get a youngish guy like him for that price.

Someone that can put away goals does seem like the primary objective for you guys, yeah, hopefully one of them comes through quickly.

In other news transfer news though, Lucas Moura will move to Spurs, Aubameyang is apparently going to end up going to Arsenal for around £60m, Aymeric Laporte will move to City also for around £60m and Chelsea will sign a guy from Roma named Palmieri.

A lot of clubs making some serious moves for the January window.

Just seen a report that we want Mangala in the wake of that Laporte news.

The game of muscial chairs being played by Arsenal/Dortmund/Chelsea is interesting, I'm surprised at Arsenal letting Giroud go to Chelsea.

Chelsea signing Emerson Palmieri is an interesting one, guess they've decided not to go for Alex Sandro.

Shame for Newcastle not getting Sturridge, that would have been a good short term deal for you guys Ice.

Not sure even if lamela is off. We've been lacking quality attacking options off the bench this season and even been playing sissoko as an attacking midfielder some games. Some spurs fans are livid he even gets on the pitch.

We haven't signed anyone yet so it doesn't really matter.

Attacking depth is a key element when competing for the PL and CL, I agree, it's the area of the team you can stack up in as there's more rotation and sub appearences for the forwards than any other areas in the side.

Looks like the Lucas Moura deal will get done in the next 24 hours.

2.5 days (inc today) left of the window. Who (realistically) needs what?

Well United can't get anything else we'll need in this window, but from the other teams talked about a lot in this thread I think a striker for NEwcastle is vital and Liverpool should try and get a keeper if they can. What do you think Swansea need as a priority?

Spurs getting Moura for £25m according to Sky now, absolute bargain in this market to get a youngish guy like him for that price.

Still only 25, hasn't quite lived up to his potential in PSG & that was before the Neymar circus arrived, I wouldn't sleep on him becoming an important player for Spurs as he definitely has the talent still.

£25m is a bargain for him as well, Tottenham know though that they have PSG bent over as they need to raise funds for the M'bappe fee. I had read that if they couldn't show that they were on course to finish within the FFP regulations that FIFA/UEFA wouldn't allow the transfer to go through as don't forget, he's only on loan from Monaco at the moment.

Started a FIFA 18 thread in the Games Threads if anyone is interested, to report your progress, transfers, recommend players etc.

Still only 25, hasn't quite lived up to his potential in PSG & that was before the Neymar circus arrived, I wouldn't sleep on him becoming an important player for Spurs as he definitely has the talent still.

£25m is a bargain for him as well, Tottenham know though that they have PSG bent over as they need to raise funds for the M'bappe fee. I had read that if they couldn't show that they were on course to finish within the FFP regulations that FIFA/UEFA wouldn't allow the transfer to go through as don't forget, he's only on loan from Monaco at the moment.

Yeah it’s a good piece of business, especially since the Spurs right side depends a lot on Autier for width - a combination of Aurier and Moura our wide is quite good and means Sissoko isn’t the only real option.

Ah that’s interesting, I forgot it was an initial loan. At the risk of sounding like a hater I hope something like that happens because there’s no way PSG’s revenue can justify both those signings at all.

Laporte -> Man. City 65m Euro

Pep spends all of the world's money. #Genius

He spent more already than in the course of the whole history of many other teams. Good the member, oh... and he has 10 years practically in the business. Quite Football Manager this already.

Otamendi 45, Stones 57, Mendy 60, Danilo 30, Walker 50, Laporte 65.

In all years they buy a defender above 50 million because it is previous yearly flops. This not consciousness, but brainless money scattering. If they would be conscious there would not be need for a newer defender now.

Meanwhile cry his mouth, not more disgusting man in the world of the football at him.
"There are salaries we cannot pay. There are transfer we cannot afford."
LOL.

To be honest those prices are pretty average for the market these days...Everton spends £40m on Sigurdsson and Liverpool drop £75m on van Dyk - massive fees are the norm. City spent a lot on a few players but it’s par for the course for clubs like Manchester United, Chelsea, City, Liverpool, etc.

City’s most expensive player will be £60m - less than United’s most expensive, Liverpool's most expensive and soon to be the same as Arsenal’s most expensive.

United can't get anything else we'll need in this window, but from the other teams talked about a lot in this thread I think a striker for NEwcastle is vital and Liverpool should try and get a keeper if they can. What do you think Swansea need as a priority?

Christ, where to start?! Some players, any players would be nice!! Seriously though, we need, as a minimum a right back, centre midfielder, attacking midfielder, winger & a striker.

But the biggest change of all need to be our DoF Huw Jenkins to resign immediately. We've become a joke club under his watch. He's done phenomenal things in the past, but he's out of his depth now & needs to be replaced.

We are crying out for a new keeper, but bless him, Jurgen seems to have blind faith in both Karius & Mignolat. Plus we need to dump Moreno in the River Mersey, tie bricks to his feet and walk away.

We are crying out for a new keeper, but bless him, Jurgen seems to have blind faith in both Karius & Mignolat. Plus we need to dump Moreno in the River Mersey, tie bricks to his feet and walk away.

Didn't Klopp make a move for Roma's Brazilian keeper? Allison I think his name is?
From what I've read, it seems he's realised Mignolet & karius couldn't catch a cold between them.

Didn't Klopp make a move for Roma's Brazilian keeper? Allison I think his name is?
From what I've read, it seems he's realised Mignolet & karius couldn't catch a cold between them.

Took his sweet merry time with that then....

Ward must be seriously considering his position and wondering if it's worth staying.

"If a player leaves you have to replace him adequately as a minimum" were recent words from our manager, in line with what many of us are thinking at the moment, yet he's also said that we're unlikely to bring anyone in. On top of letting our key creative spark go mid-season we've just let Sturridge go out on loan, meanwhile those around us are strengthening (Suarez, Sturridge and Coutinho dispelled the myth that you can't buy good players in January and here we are with the likes of Sanchez, Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang and others moving this window). It all represents one hell of a risk and a massive leap of faith - lets hope we don't have players suffering huge loss of form and/or significant injuries from here on in - oh wait, we already have/do.

I'm really, really hacked off here and can actually see us missing out on CL qualification. Oh, and Virgil is supposedly not playing tonight. FFS! Things just get better and better.

27332683_10156204480031617_1175302174007528390_n.jpg

Christ, where to start?! Some players, any players would be nice!! Seriously though, we need, as a minimum a right back, centre midfielder, attacking midfielder, winger & a striker.

But the biggest change of all need to be our DoF Huw Jenkins to resign immediately. We've become a joke club under his watch. He's done phenomenal things in the past, but he's out of his depth now & needs to be replaced.

Have you added any yet? As 5 in 24 hours is going to be impossible, I didn't realize it had gotten that bad, I thought you might make a move for Hal Robson-Kanu and try to get Sturridge on loan.
Apparently you're trying to get Lazar Markovic off Liverpool.

Is there any talk of him being replaced? How long has he been in the job?

Laporte -> Man. City 65m Euro

Pep spends all of the world's money. #Genius

He spent more already than in the course of the whole history of many other teams. Good the member, oh... and he has 10 years practically in the business. Quite Football Manager this already.

Otamendi 45, Stones 57, Mendy 60, Danilo 30, Walker 50, Laporte 65.

In all years they buy a defender above 50 million because it is previous yearly flops. This not consciousness, but brainless money scattering. If they would be conscious there would not be need for a newer defender now.

Meanwhile cry his mouth, not more disgusting man in the world of the football at him.
"There are salaries we cannot pay. There are transfer we cannot afford."
LOL.

He's a phony a lot of the time, great coach no doubt, but he has to have everything his own way, he's never achieved anything just making do with what was at his disposal, he'#s spent £500M in 18 months, look at where City are on the graph even compared to PSG.

The Mahrez panic is so typical of them, it's not like Sane is going to be out forever and they have Bernardo Silva there who'd be like a new signing given how little he's played, plus they have Phil Foden if Guardiola wanted to actually give their youth a chance, but as seen with the way he let Sancho go, he's not interested.

Not decrying what PG has achieved, but he's been, prior to Man City at two clubs 'ready to rock n' roll' with their squads, he's not had to build from the bottom up as it where, in creating a transformation as such. Man City is as close at it's been to not having all the pieces at his disposal first.

People seem to forget how bad Barca was the season before he took over, that he completely changed their style and had to this while changing their style.

People seem to forget how bad Barca was the season before he took over, that he completely changed their style and had to this while changing their style.

No he didn't, Barca have played the exact same way since Cruyff managed them, and he had Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Henry and Eto'o, that's hardly scraping the barrell. Rijkaard's time had come to an end that is all, Guardiola had loads to work with, he's never done what the other top coaches have done and just had to make do with what was there and still win a league, look at last year when he didn't have everything he needs, they sucked, now he's bought his way to having his exact demands in place and they are playing well.

It can be difficult to judge because sometimes winning titles and not winning them can come down to whether a certain signing was successfully sealed or not, regardless of how good the coach is. If they perform at exactly the same level but the team happens to sign a Ronaldo the summer before they could end up with multiple trophies instead of nothing.

No he didn't, Barca have played the exact same way since Cruyff managed them, and he had Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Henry and Eto'o, that's hardly scraping the barrell. Rijkaard's time had come to an end that is all, Guardiola had loads to work with, he's never done what the other top coaches have done and just had to make do with what was there and still win a league, look at last year when he didn't have everything he needs, they sucked, now he's bought his way to having his exact demands in place and they are playing well.
Oh no they haven't. Ask Iniesta.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...uggles-talks-pep-guardiola-barcelona-and-more

First, Messi was not Messi until that season. How much does that have to do with Pep? Henry was well pass it. Dinho had to be shipped off.

Oh no they haven't. Ask Iniesta.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...uggles-talks-pep-guardiola-barcelona-and-more

First, Messi was not Messi until that season. How much does that have to do with Pep? Henry was well pass it. Dinho had to be shipped off.

I don't care what that sawed off little **** has to say, ass licking his old mate. Cruyff estabslished a system and Guardiola was a disciple of it, he has said as much over and over, and it wasn't until Luis Enrique took over that the style changed and the Catalan prima donnas moaned about it incessantly, Guardiola might have had different training methods but the style on the pitch was the same brand and system with just added possession obssession.

Given how Messi has gotten better since Pep left I'm going to guess that he simply got him just as he was hitting his stride. Henry was still a very good player. Guardiola has never done what coaches like Fergie, Clough, Mourinho and even Klopp have done, he's always had the very best tools at his beck and call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"